#1 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:51

Hi HCS,

please code it that the "GXP seen in the Guild Advisor" = "current GXP on guild page" !!!

this will allow the many players who are in "top / big" guilds to leave their guild for the duration of the Titan Event (=Seasonal Event) without losing any of the GXP they have been contributing over the years !!! :)

some of us have spent thousands of FSPs to contribute to GXP, some of us have donated thousands of $$ to contribute to GXP, ......

INFO: the Guild Advisor always stores the TOTAL info (gxp, groups created, skills cast, .....) EVEN if the player left & returned to the guild !!! The Players Info in the Guild Advisor is NEVER lost, EVEN if they leave their guild, it is still there !!!

PROS

• "EVERYONE" can partake in the Event
  • Huge increase in Competition
  • Increased Player activity (more online players like in every Event)
  • the coding should only take a few minutes TOP (since HCS only needs to make the "GXP" value automatically match the value of the "GXP of the Guild Advisor" !!!

CONS

• NON I can think of but please feel free to post if you know one that will negatively affect all players !!!

again, this thread is about =>

please code it that the "GXP seen in the Guild Advisor" = "current GXP on guild page" !!!

again, PLEASE FIX BUGS !!! (I have reported many myself, some over a year ago)

please feel free to discuss / agree / disagree + most importantly give a REASON WHY !!!

as usual please keep it civil & ignore trolls whose aim is just to start a fight / get the topic closed, THANKS

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#2 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:37

Sorry Mary, but to me this seems like an effort to try and sneak the "tkp going to the player, not the guild" idea in via the backdoor, and I am pretty sure the cows will see it the same way. Not that I disagree with that idea, but I do with this.

One commits to a guild, and the benefits for each individual, and for the guild as a whole, depends on the players being a part of the guild; Not jumping in and out, whenever it suits the player - or the guild. If this was implemented, what for instance, should stop me from jumping outta the guild, clear the bounties on guild member, only to join again? (I'd love to do that, mind you :wub: )

If you want for the cows to fix the coding, so that the guild advisor only shows the current gxp for each player, I am sure they can fix that - whenever a coder has time.

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#3 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:39

How about players who left a guild before this takes place would that info still be there? 

That would be interesting to see.

#4 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 14:14

This again! Seriously? 😪

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 14:47

My GXP in advisor is same as on guild home page..... 

oh yeah, I don't *hop*

Not seeing how this actually benefits anyone, but I guess it can't hurt either.

up to hoof imho

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 15:36

answer this

I leave my guild to hunt seasons titans, after the event ends I get back to my guild

after coming back is my gxp the same before I left my guild?

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 15:56

No, tiger, when you leave a guild for any reason, your contributed GXP is removed from guild and if you return that is reset to 0. This number  is what is shown on the home page.  However, the advisor shows all accumulated GXP, both past and present....   So in the case of a member that leaves and returns often, these 2 statistics can be very different.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 16:00

that is now badpenny but is the gxp reset after marys idea or stays the same?

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 16:14

idk, tiger, you will need to ask her, since she really doesn't like me and I cannot.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#10 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 16:47

Ooh. I can become a traveling composer again ;)

Sorry. Bad idea. Definitely another method to get around cool down. Although I do encourage traveling. Met many folks the one time I did it and saw many different guild philosophies along the way :)

Maybe as a compromise, you can't return to original guild for a year otherwise all gxp is lost ;)

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 18:38

Whatever it takes to make people log in less lets cooldown everything  ;)... Game population Decreases number of guilds decreases... density of guilds increases... Cooldown making people log in less and less vastly increases :)

Edited by EpicPiety, 15 July 2017 - 18:40.

#12 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 19:36

This is, as has been pointed out, just another way to get what you wanted in your first, now locked post.

If you leave a guild, you lose the GXP you've earned there - that should stay as it is.

It's not broken, so doesn't need fixing.

If you want to leave a guild to titan hunt seasonals, that's fine - but there's a penalty TO the guild - as there should be.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 19:46

This is, as has been pointed out, just another way to get what you wanted in your first, now locked post.

If you leave a guild, you lose the GXP you've earned there - that should stay as it is.

It's not broken, so doesn't need fixing.

If you want to leave a guild to titan hunt seasonals, that's fine - but there's a penalty TO the guild - as there should be.

Maybe a cd is needed for tthis, similar to the cd for GvG.....

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:06

Maybe a cd is needed for tthis, similar to the cd for GvG.....

To allow folk to leave a guild and then return, whilst not losing the GXP ? - Personally, I'd say no to that.

If you leave, it's gone. End of - and if you return, you start from 0 again..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:11

Then why does there have to be a penalty for staying :P

#16 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:13

answer this

I leave my guild to hunt seasons titans, after the event ends I get back to my guild

after coming back is my gxp the same before I left my guild?

a guild mate told me the answer to my question is in marys post

this will allow the many players who are in "top / big" guilds to leave their guild for the duration of the Titan Event (=Seasonal Event) without losing any of the GXP they have been contributing over the years !!! :)

did not notice it before

I support +1000 your great idea

PROS

• "EVERYONE" can partake in the Event
  • Huge increase in Competition
  • Increased Player activity (more online players like in every Event)

for some players more player competition is a bad thing and are against marys idea

how can more player competition be a bad thing?

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:16

Then why does there have to be a penalty for staying :P

The penalty being they can't hunt seasonal titans ? - of course they can if the guild is amenable. Have a roster, perhaps, that player X and Y can hunt this new seasonal, and then next time, player A and B can.

This thread just seems to me to be a thread that " I want my cake and I want to eat it too" one ...

I.E. I wanna leave my guild, start a new guild so that I can hunt seasonals, and then return again, with no penalty ? - and that seems fine to you ?

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:18

So, basically, I could bounce from guild to guild without impunity for any or no reason.... My GXP would stay at EVERY guild I visit along the way....

Might as well scrap guild levels entirely then

Do Titan kills affect that, too?

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#19 Altiger

Altiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:28

So, basically, I could bounce from guild to guild without impunity for any or no reason.... My GXP would stay at EVERY guild I visit along the way....

gxp stays the same at every guild, can you quote marys post?

I read her post again, do not see that part you are talking about

Edited by Altiger, 15 July 2017 - 20:29.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 20:38

The penalty being they can't hunt seasonal titans ? - of course they can if the guild is amenable. Have a roster, perhaps, that player X and Y can hunt this new seasonal, and then next time, player A and B can.

This thread just seems to me to be a thread that " I want my cake and I want to eat it too" one ...

I.E. I wanna leave my guild, start a new guild so that I can hunt seasonals, and then return again, with no penalty ? - and that seems fine to you ?

This is an international game. Timezones. Titans spawn random.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: