Photo

It's about time to balance out those overpowered pots in PvP.

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#61 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:52

The fact remains that it takes a lot of time, gold and frags to get your composing level up there. 

#62 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 00:37

The fact remains that it takes a lot of time, gold and frags to get your composing level up there. 

as the fact remains that once you leveled up, OverPowered potions are available for "peanuts" !!!

acknowledging 1 of them while disregarding the other one is just foolish !!!

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#63 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 00:46

as the fact remains that once you leveled up, OverPowered potions are available for "peanuts" !!!

While they are not as expensive as Epic chests once you have leveled up, they still are a nice gold sink and substantial initial investment.

Also they act in a similar fashion to max stamina. It is a large initial investment, but a cheaper alternative in the long run to buying stamina with fsp all the time.

#64 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:30

While they are not as expensive as Epic chests once you have leveled up, they still are a nice gold sink and substantial initial investment.

Also they act in a similar fashion to max stamina. It is a large initial investment, but a cheaper alternative in the long run to buying stamina with fsp all the time.

sorry I do not understand the point you want to make :mellow:

unless (I am assuming here) you want to "defend" OP Composing with just that they are a gold sink

do you mind explaining?

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#65 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:10

Its not just about composing.

Composing potions aren't even with the worst offenders in this overpowered potion tragedy, they are just the most easily accessible.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#66 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,813 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:38

Hardly. It still costs a fair amount of gold, time and frags. Thing is, people have earned those potions. And please, keep the name calling out of the forums.

~ Grim

#67 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 13:58

GB....seems the complaining is about composing pots mainly....i am only lvl 32, but what if the solution is keeping everything at 30 or 60 min pots, with what ever it raises up to with brew master, pride, etc....so that IF a player is using them, they have to keep logging back on....so, there are times that the pots run out....actually my humble opinion is that nothing should be over an hour...i know MANY chests can run 240 mins.......just saying that maybe THAT is a way to make everyone happy.....???? and is it hard to retro code all chest and pots to be 60 mins???

EDIT: after thought, i think 60 mins is best.

Edited by lapdragon, 24 March 2017 - 14:04.

#68 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 20:01

...and since they were made tradeable within a guild everyone there can have them without doing a thing. HOWEVER the average player will unlikely be able to benefit from the Super pot advantage. It's yuuuuge!

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#69 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 20:40

I'm surprised that people are still complaining about not being able to PvP because of those potions. 

I use some of those in hunting.

Perhaps it would be more help if all of you got potted up then spent time changing gear and looking at your stats. Keep doing that with different pots, buffs and gear.  Maybe you could find some hella fantastic  combinations to play with..

Make sure you take notes as to what combinations you combined, so you could use them over and over.  This is something to be done in the game not here on the forums though.

Edited by Pythia, 24 March 2017 - 20:41.

#70 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2017 - 21:06

I'm surprised that people are still complaining about not being able to PvP because of those potions. 

Perhaps it would be more help if all of you got potted up then spent time changing gear and looking at your stats. Keep doing that with different pots, buffs and gear.  Maybe you could find some hella fantastic  combinations to play with..

Make sure you take notes as to what combinations you combined, so you could use them over and over.  This is something to be done in the game not here on the forums though.

Lol - you don't think PvP'rs do this continually ?

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#71 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 22:06

You make a huge assumption that everyone has access to unlimited Super Pots. I'm astounded you say you NEED these pots when you really WANT them to level.

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#72 Misstep

Misstep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 23:28

Just completed a tough bounty. I had composing pots, they had even higher level chest pots. They had incredible stats. It took me a while to figure out how to kill them some of the time. Eventually, I was able to clear. It was a lot of fun and rewarding. Composing pots are fine the way they are. Please don't ruin it by making changes. Thanks 

#73 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 00:27

Pardoux, reading their words here on the forum,  has left me wondering what they do besides push to have them capped or done away with all together.   I'm still wondering about that.

Lou, I use  those potions at level 175 or 19? something or other, not the chest or composed potions. I'm still building my composing and I'm woefully low in level, but the one I use is mine and use it I do. lol   I use the chests in GEs, or to free up a bp spot. People will say that's wasteful, my last comment addresses that.   I'm always trying to get onto the tops lists of those things.  I'd like to do that before I die. lol  But I'll make it on my own or not at all.

Now some will say: Then what difference is it to you if the level is capped or the potion dropped?

The answer I would give is easy:  Because I worked hard for those potions  just like others did, and they are mine to use as I want, where I want and when I want. Not have that aspect of my hard work dictated by someones  unhappiness or happiness as the case my be. I thought that was the objective of playing a game.

#74 Gutie

Gutie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 475 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 March 2017 - 00:38

LMAO. The dragon eggs MORE than counter the composing potions. Anchored+Ageless 400? Git gud.

GutieGGtsig_zps678d4c8f.png

Are you active? Enjoy playing FS for fun and striving for lofty goals? Looking to join a guild that invests in itself and seeks to improve and grow in all aspects of the game?

Secret Alliance can be your home in FS! We are looking for active, motivated and driven players who have a passion and genuine enjoyment of FS to join us as we continue to rise towards the TOP! If interested feel free to send me a PM.

SA is also looking for one or two guild mergers INTO SA. Feel free to ask for details.

#75 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 00:44

Once upon a time I had room to hold some of those pretty eggs in bp.   I'll keep working on building those spaces again.  lol

#76 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:01

I am surprised you post in a pvp forum when you do not pvp

I am surprised you think you know anything about epic skills in pvp when you do not pvp or know anything about pvp

I am surprised you are giving pvpers tips on how to pvp and claim to know what is best to pvp when you never pvped before

you do not know anything about pvp and like your other posts they are rubbish because when you post about things you do not know anything about then they end up to be rubbish

how can someone know anything about a subject if they do not have any experience on the subject?

if I started giving arena tips to arena players on how to win tournaments then it would be rubbish because I do not play the arena and do not know anything about it

Once upon a time I had room to hold some of those pretty eggs in bp.   I'll keep working on building those spaces again.  lol

Sorry, have to blunt here, but you're living in cloud cuckoo land

the more rubbish posts I read from you pythia the more you are showing that pardoux is right about you, you are living in cloud cuckoo land

Edited by Olef, 25 March 2017 - 01:02.

#77 Pythia

Pythia

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:27

I did not tell them what to do Olef,  I merely suggested they try something else because their posts here says what they are doing is not working and so composing should be capped to make it easier on them and they could PvP again. 

I'm sure Chewy or Trinket would make some potions for me if I asked but what's the fun in that?  I am working on making my own. :)

As to  posting in a PvP thread. Why not?  You do know I'm the second P in that PvP equation. Right?

As to not knowing about PvP or how it works, Olef, my fellow gamer, I burned out on PvP looooong before finding this game. You have to take part in it before you can burn out on it.  Besides, GvG is a lot like PvP but you only take damage to your gear and have to spend your gold to repair gear, if you have PvP protection in place. All the attacks take place when I'm offline. lol

When I was taking part in PvP it was really PvP and not like it is here. I had to hunt my target for real, there was no such thing as pull up the list,decide who I wanted to hit then click attack. lmao.   You should try that form of PvP before you tell me I don't know what it's about.

I'm still deciding about arena.

And Olef, you should try being nicer to people, trolling is very rude. :)

#78 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:16

Just completed a tough bounty. I had composing pots, they had even higher level chest pots. They had incredible stats. It took me a while to figure out how to kill them some of the time. Eventually, I was able to clear. It was a lot of fun and rewarding. Composing pots are fine the way they are. Please don't ruin it by making changes. Thanks

I guess there are a few pvprs who actually do like a challenge. Imagine that...

#79 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:24

As to not knowing about PvP or how it works, Olef, my fellow gamer, I burned out on PvP looooong before finding this game. You have to take part in it before you can burn out on it.

you are contradicting yourself

you say that you have to take part in pvp before you can burn out on it. and then you say that you burned out on PvP looooong before finding this game.   

how can you burn out on pvp if you have not done any pvp in FS? your whole post is rubbish again

you can not and will never know how epic skills affect pvp if you do not try pvp out, posting for or against epic skills without having done any pvp does not give you any credibility

And Olef, you should try being nicer to people, trolling is very rude. :)

you think I am trolling because I told you that you do not know how to pvp because you have never pvped before? that is not trolling, that is the truth, you posted yourself here that you never pvped in FS

I agree that trolling is very rude but I do not think you find it rude because if you did then you would not tolerate your guild mates (Yotwehc) behavior over the years who admitted many times in forum that he likes and finds it funny to troll people, this is the first pvp forum that he did not troll, only because he knows that hoofmaster is reading

Edited by Olef, 25 March 2017 - 04:24.

#80 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:36

You know, getting aggressive and disrespectful to fellow players is not putting forward the best opportunity to motivate Hoof into implementing his proposed change. I suggest people just calm down and stop trying to go after each other. It's not helping.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: