Photo

Should We Have Personalized Avatars for the Data Sheets?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#1 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:49

:arrow: Personal Avatars Bring sooooooooo much more to the game.
I know......for Hunted Cow it's no picnic, but, it brings a level of depth to the game you just can't get without it. An avatar says "This is me and what I'm about". A guild avatar does the same for each guild. I think that Avatars are essential to the personalization of your Data Sheet.

When I see the avatar of sombody else, it personalizes things. I feel like I know that person a little. It's not just a generic Data Sheet that looks the same as all the others. I understand that some people may take offense to some of them. You could have a way to report offensive images. 8-)

#2 Zaelin

Zaelin

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:58

We do have a bio section so people can say "This is me and what I'm about"

:D

#3 ss_skopos

ss_skopos
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:28

This is me and what I'm all about.

Posted Image

Sunsets are lovely, sometimes you just have to smell the roses you know?

Anyways not to disagree with you onemanmob but the person on the data sheet is neat because it shows exactly what I'm wearing while wearing it, allowing the artists to come up with some really cool designs. Also, although don't quote me on this, I think personal avys, offensive or not, would just provide an outlet for angry people and new players to randomly report, causing distress.

#4 PVR

PVR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:31

i dont know about that i might be tempted to put this on my avater :lol:

Posted Image

#5 ss_polarcat

ss_polarcat
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 15:31

I also love avatars and I can express myself a lot better in a picture than in a little bio which most ppl hardly notice. :?

And yes, I also love selling them to make some extra cash, but other than that. Making avatars has also introduced me to many different ppl and ive made a few good online friends through it. I vote to plz bring them into the game. :) :ugeek:

#6 ss_ispyudie

ss_ispyudie
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 15:45

i am sure the people who said yes, are avatarists who want to make easy crystals... HCS made it this way, so that those people would not have an easy ride with this game as they did in FS

#7 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 18:47

We do have a bio section so people can say "This is me and what I'm about"

:D

The picutre is the same pretty much for everyone though.

#8 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 19:56

i am sure the people who said yes, are avatarists who want to make easy crystals... HCS made it this way, so that those people would not have an easy ride with this game as they did in FS

And how, do you make "easy crystals" with an avatar??

#9 ss_sexybeest

ss_sexybeest
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 20:13

Can you prove HCS made it that way. If you can PM me and tell me, otherwise I vote bring avatars.

#10 ss_jonty1105

ss_jonty1105
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 20:16

maybe to have a sorta logo on one side to make people think and that would be enough imean you could use any pic for the logo

#11 ss_polarcat

ss_polarcat
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 20:24

Lmao, have you ever made a decent avatar? Its hours worth of work sometimes for 1 or 2 FSP's. Most avatarists make avatars for the love of art, and the reaction of the client, not for the cash reward. And im sure most of the avatarist will agree.

And i never "had it easy" in FS, its not like ppl hand you free FSP's, i had to work really hard for the FSP's i got, and i feel i deserved what i got. There is also steep competition in the avatar making world, and lots of time u make avatars for a comp and you dont get any rewards at all. So plz dont make ungrounded statements that you dont know anything about. :|

#12 ss_predcon

ss_predcon
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2008 - 22:10

We could do character portraits on the side of the screen, like in Furcadia, or Chaos Strikes Back.

#13 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:56

Lmao, have you ever made a decent avatar? Its hours worth of work sometimes for 1 or 2 FSP's. Most avatarists make avatars for the love of art, and the reaction of the client, not for the cash reward. And im sure most of the avatarist will agree.

And i never "had it easy" in FS, its not like ppl hand you free FSP's, i had to work really hard for the FSP's i got, and i feel i deserved what i got. There is also steep competition in the avatar making world, and lots of time u make avatars for a comp and you dont get any rewards at all. So plz dont make ungrounded statements that you dont know anything about. :|

I hadn't thought of that. People do make avatars and such. :oops:

#14 ss_kalidern

ss_kalidern
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:12

I for one like the system in place it is alot more interesting to see how your character changes with the different armor. I wish FS had that. The guild one however I would like or at least better options.

#15 ss_sifieon

ss_sifieon
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 03:35

Ya i love avatars i have over 50 different ones for myself on FS saved on my comp, and i do make then but if u think we make tons of FSP selling them y dont u try to make one good enough for some1 to pay alot for, ive made probley 3-400 avatars and maybe made 10fsp total, most the time i make them for free cuz i love the challenge of seeing if u can figure out just what the person who wants one is looking for, not only that but ive spent over
250$ in real life on image software to make good avatars so maybe u should try making avatars on FS for a while and see how rich u get!

#16 ss_sebbyp56

ss_sebbyp56
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:00

BRING BAK THE AVI"S! IM A AVI MAKER AND I WOULD LUV TO SHOW MY SKILL ONCE AGAIN!

#17 ss_sebbyp56

ss_sebbyp56
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:16

I for one, agree, i am a very good avi maker, and search my name on FallenSword, and you will see that i make my avi's with pride and joy. I Take a long time to make sure all my clients are happy, and their reaction brings me joy.

HCS plz bring back the avi's, or at least Guild avi's!

#18 ss_ohnoes

ss_ohnoes
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:25

I don't mind not having a personal avatar, as I have a guy who actually looks like my class and equ added into what gender I choose, that is pretty freaking badass...

However, on the otherside of it I am incredibly bummed that we lost the ability to upload custom faction logos with this game... faction logos would really show the feel of the faction, however, we have to choose from preset options, which imo flat out sucks... I enjoyed making guild logos and player avatars in FS... it sucks to see such a powerful ability lost...

#19 ss_bokue

ss_bokue
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2008 - 05:27

I SAY WE SHOULD

#20 Onemanmob

Onemanmob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:31

BRING BAK THE AVI"S! IM A AVI MAKER AND I WOULD LUV TO SHOW MY SKILL ONCE AGAIN!

Plus, I guess, it's a whole other fsp um...I mean FC market! I had not thought of that. 8-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: