BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:11

Hi all,

Two Legendary threats have emerged from the Scavenging Caves.

Tarbida (Legendary)
Posted Image

The evil being Tarbida has dwelt beneath the world for an age having been trapped in tunnels by the Elves. Now Tarbida has found a way out and now the creature has decided that it is time to come back to the surface and teach the peoples of the world the true meaning of suffering and pain once again.

Recommended Level : 200+

Recommended Gold : 17,000+

The Challenger (Legendary)
Posted Image

A normally honorable Warrior in search of worthy Combatants to test his mettle, the Challengers mind has been twisted by Burzzthak. He is now roaming the land in a fury, looking for Warriors of power and is dispatching them by any means possible. Will you be able to fight the Challenger to a standstill and save his Honor?

Recommended Level : 475+

Recommended Gold : 23,000+

Due to feedback over the last few Scavenging Cave weekends, the drop rate has been quadrupled from it's previous setting. We feel this should result in better odds of gaining rewards, though still low enough to provide an effective gold sink.

These creatures shall be available until 10:00 am Server time on Monday the 25th of February.

Enjoy!

~ The Fallen Sword team.

#2 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:13

cheers grim shame this didnt happen couple weeks ago when the stuff was worth getting

#3 dory364

dory364

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:18

Thanks for the event, and the drop rate increase. Hope the rate will stick with future cave events. Unfortunately I don't see these being scavenged for much, but heck I could be wrong. I'll make the thread now about which critters to have in the caves HCS.

#4 bittyboy

bittyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:22

Question: Does the increased drop rate apply to the Legendaries only or all the other creatures in the cave as well?

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:30

Thanks for the event, and the drop rate increase. Hope the rate will stick with future cave events. Unfortunately I don't see these being scavenged for much, but heck I could be wrong. I'll make the thread now about which critters to have in the caves HCS.

These choices came from a thread asking for creatures.

Question: Does the increased drop rate apply to the Legendaries only or all the other creatures in the cave as well?

Just the Legendaries.

#6 dekrekel

dekrekel

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:37

i spend almoust 20 M of gold last scavenging event without getting any new item , i killed over 100 new LE creatures with FI 1050, this time i will not even try , sorry
maybe when the 820 LE comes back i will have some gold again

#7 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 16:48

"Due to feedback over the last few Scavenging Cave weekends, the drop rate has been quadrupled from it's previous setting. We feel this should result in better odds of gaining rewards, though still low enough to provide an effective gold sink."

So, now let the complaints begin (crosses fingers hoping they won't happen... but experience tells us... dang, anybody ever try to type with their fingers crossed?)

I'm hoping that by posting them, we can just say thanks.... and maybe even avoid the useless whining that would otherwise take place (I do admit it's kind of a paradox, rotfl).

All of the following should be read in a really whiny voice:

1. This is so unfair! Why wasn't this done earlier? I would never have sunk so much gold before if the drop rate had been better.

2. This is so unfair! I was selling those items for FSP and now the market is flooded!

3. This is so unfair! Legendary creatures should be in the realms!

4. This is so unfair! I love the big drop rate, but I want (insert Legendary name here) to appear in the caves. In fact, I should be consulted every time so I can get the items I want!

5. (and to add to the also off-topic #3) This is so unfair! I'm still waiting for the 1600 buffs (which, btw, will be implemented as BG so aptly pointed out in another thread "when they are ready").

Well....

The upside is that it's a great move in public relations and should temporarily stave off the general opinion that the caves cost "too much gold"... so far at least, the hype on the increased drop rate is pushing down FSP prices via its intended purpose as a gold sink, but I'm reminded of a certain announcement that asked... "for how long?"

In any case, I see it as a nice example of HCS responding to public outcry... however misguided.

So thanks again HCS and to the FS community... enjoy the drops, the gold sink or whatever and, above all... Prosperous smacking! (o0

#8 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 February 2013 - 17:23

Where is this thread?

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 17:30

Any idea when we'll see some cave *only* potions again? Ie: flask of death, watch your back brew, etc?

Would have been nice to possibly release some of the new buffs as a potion only . MEGA gold sink, and generate more excitement.

cheers

#10 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 17:34

Where is this thread?

Here it is :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108691

There is another now though which is here :

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108979

You'd be as well posting there.

Any idea when we'll see some cave *only* potions again? Ie: flask of death, watch your back brew, etc?

As I recall, they were out fairly recently.

Would have been nice to possibly release some of the new buffs as a potion only . MEGA gold sink, and generate more excitement.

That may happen but it relies on new buffs being coded and the art for them being done.

#11 allkill12

allkill12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 18:26

when are the new buffs gonna come out? , we have been waiting on those for months now ... 50 levels into level 1600(for the players who are level 1600+) and still no new buffs.

#12 jsustin212

jsustin212

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 18:33

when are the new buffs gonna come out? , we have been waiting on those for months now ... 50 levels into level 1600(for the players who are level 1600+) and still no new buffs.

will be out when they come out.. have more patience =)

jsus_zpsa8d5d247.png

#13 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 18:50

Do the ____ Cave potions, EW 1500, UB 190, etc. count as cave only? I don't quite know what you mean by this.

Now that is an excellent idea! For the ones that will be castable by players, I would suggest releasing them as level 152 potions so that they become 175 after Distil 150. That or make them level 175 potions but don't let Distil work on them. The point would be for players to get to try the new buffs out at level 175.

That is, assuming the Cows don't allow players to cast above level 175. I am vehemently against raising the buff level cap, btw.

#14 gaa

gaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 19:16

im not really complaining because i dont really scavenge much but on the forums i see no one asking for tarbidas please someone post this if im wrong

#15 Neomaxiums

Neomaxiums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 February 2013 - 19:28

Do the ____ Cave potions, EW 1500, UB 190, etc. count as cave only? I don't quite know what you mean by this.

I believe he is talking about the potions that are only in there for a weekend or so at a time like the wither 450 and last ditch 325

#16 kalish

kalish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 20:00

I believe he is talking about the potions that are only in there for a weekend or so at a time like the wither 450 and last ditch 325

I see. I didn't know those two pots were even found in the scavenging caves! My ignorance on display again. :P

#17 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:20

Are all LE cave events going to have 4x FI rate now? or just this one? or are you going to see how it goes and decide off that?

#18 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 23:24

cheers grim shame this didnt happen couple weeks ago when the stuff was worth getting

I agree, its a little late, but improvements are better than no improvements. It is very discouraging to spend millions and get no LE drops. Rare is okay, nearly impossible to get isn't.

As for the LE selection, I don't think either one has been released in awhile, but the LEs weren't worth much before the event. so probably not scavenged too much, except for the Tarbidas Shield since its used to make Acherons.

#19 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 00:23

Due to feedback over the last few Scavenging Cave weekends, the drop rate has been quadrupled from it's previous setting. We feel this should result in better odds of gaining rewards, though still low enough to provide an effective gold sink

w-w-waaait a minute..drop rates are quadrupled and Tarbidas and Fury Bourne are added?! LOL.... :oops:

#20 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:32

I agree, its a little late, but improvements are better than no improvements. It is very discouraging to spend millions and get no LE drops. Rare is okay, nearly impossible to get isn't.

As for the LE selection, I don't think either one has been released in awhile, but the LEs weren't worth much before the event. so probably not scavenged too much, except for the Tarbidas Shield since its used to make Acherons.

lol no they wasnt you could buy the spider set for 15 fsp and that was counting 12 for the shield which was forged and it was 7 fsp for a fury bourne set so no incentive at all to scavenge also couldnt find either of theses two requested in an le listing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: