Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 19:27

BrethrenGAs.jpg

full BotDL load.jpg

Here at Brethren of the Death Lord (BotDL), not unlike other Guilds, we work together to achieve our goals.

Like most, we have seen great players come and go in our more-than-10-year history.

We simply played and watched as Guilds bickered over who was the best in one game aspect or other.

We agreed in the FS Forum, with many others, that the “number one Guild” in the game would not be the Guild that simply had the most XP.

We watched as HCS responded and created several so-called Top Rated categories for Guilds.

We’ve seen that so many Guild claim to be the “best” … in their posts, in their bios, in their imaginary thoughts of grandeur.

We’d seen, over more than 10 years, that all those were temporary definitions as Guilds switched rankings in absolutely all aspects.

And yet, little changed. “We’re the best” still seems to be a claim that old grandparents claim too based on… nothing.

We knew, and experienced, that all those “Top Rated” categories were transitory and did not, in our opinion, define the “Best Guild”.

As expected, no Guild in game has maintained any of those “top” ranks. Now claims that a Guild is the best, isn’t even backed by an explanation. Why are they the best? Because they say so? Odd.

We watched the discussions and always felt that a true “top Guild” should be involved in all game aspects. And while we were sure that, sooner or later, we could be the best in any, or even all, of those categories, we searched our souls for how we could prove ourselves to be the best Guild in FS.

And the question most evidently became: How can BotDL become a Legacy Guild?

In other words, what could BotDL do to avoid the “silliness” regarding temporary ranks that HCS had “approved”?  Was there away to avoid all those “egos” that claimed to be what they were not and simply avoid the argument?

What could we, as a Guild, do that could NEVER be taken away and put us, eternally, at the top?
It was obvious.

Not a single one of the Guilds in the top 100 “rated categories” have been able to do what we have now achieved:

BotDL is the first Guild ever to complete all five Guild Achievements. And so it stands, for now and forever.

That, in our opinion, is “legacy”.

It’s something that, unlike all the other so-called “Top Rated” categories, will NEVER be taken away.

Whatever comes to be, BotDL is the first to claim the title.

And grant it, we do hope that more Guild Achievements will be created. But that will be up to HCS to decide.

We wish the best of luck to all Guilds, current or future, in following in our footsteps (we definitely expect you to follow in them… Well, if you can, and this post, and our Guild profile page, shows that you most definitely “can”).

Prosperous smacking to all! (o0

PS: If you’re interested in joining the only Guild to achieve something that will unarguably go down in FS history as an unrepeatable feat… check our Guild History for details on joining. ,oP

EDITS: Added the images and link to Guild History.

Probably just cuz of the significance, but I think it's the prettiest GA icon so far, all centered and pretty and such. (o0

Edited by Egami, 14 November 2017 - 20:29.

#2 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 19:38

Congrats mate!! :)

Cheers.

wil72

#3 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 14 November 2017 - 20:28

@ Egami: a big congrats to you and your guildmates on your FS legacy achievement(s)! =D

#4 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 20:59

Incredible that you have all five completed and are the first Guild to do so - fantastic achievement - maybe the big boys will catch up to you guys one day, hahahaha! Congratulations and well done!!

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 21:07

Rereading my original post, I do want to highlight the following to avoid misinterpretation:

I, personally, think any and all Guilds that have made the "Top Rated" in whatever category throughout the history of FS are to be applauded. 

Absolutely ALL of them require time, effort and perseverance. They do/did deserve congrats for supreme effort.

We just sought to do something that no other Guild had done OR could take away. Mission accomplished. (o0

#6 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 23:53

Totally Awesome 😆

#7 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 00:20

Was this a secret plot to entice me yet again egami?

#8 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 00:28

Was this a secret plot to entice me yet again egami?

Indeed, check our Guild History and get in contact... we got room. ,oP 

#9 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:03

Impressive  :D   That banner is going to look wicked nice on the guild page :)

#10 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:26

celebration time

rIjMprJ.gif

***bonus points if you guess the city

Edited by duktayp, 15 November 2017 - 01:27.

#11 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:36

@duk... I would have double-liked that if I could, lol. Thanks. (o0

#12 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:42

giphy.gif

so now "EOC" applies to guild achievements

#13 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:51

Nicely done! 

~ Grim

#14 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 22:48

Nicely done! 

~ Grim

thanks BG... was hoping for a "like" on the thread though, lol.

Tough crowd. Hope that's not begging ,op rotfl. 

#15 MadameC

MadameC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:52

Congrats!  That's an amazing show of Teamwork, hard won =)

#16 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 20:11

Wondering if any other Guild has completed this yet after the "challenge". 

Think not and figuring that Xmas event is going to interfere with it. Just hoping to see a lot of you step up in 2018.

Happy holidays and such. 

One gold to all Guild Members of the second Guild to complete it! 7 days inactive excluded, lol.

#17 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 21:02

No. No one else has completed it yet but there are quite a few guilds out there that have three. LOL. No I don't think anybody would want to join your guild as they will not have the privilege of trying to accomplish what you have done. Why join a guild it's already accomplished something that you may wish to be part of after they've done it. Again LOL

#18 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 21:38

No. No one else has completed it yet but there are quite a few guilds out there that have three. LOL. No I don't think anybody would want to join your guild as they will not have the privilege of trying to accomplish what you have done. Why join a guild it's already accomplished something that you may wish to be part of after they've done it. Again LOL

LMAO! Thanks cucu, laughs made my day, hehe. (o0

#19 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 22:21

I always thought that achievement was stupid to be completely honest. Not to take anything away from achieving it but this is the day and age of 1 shotting anything and everything solo.

#20 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 21:15

Lol... yeah, I think working together is part of that whole "Guild" part of the "Guild Achievements", lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: