28 replies to this topic

#21 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:53

I gave an example and even explained in detail why it is not possible UNLESS you are counting on LUCK !!!

I do not think "proper" PvP should be based on LUCK !!!

btw if you really knew how to beat that setup WITHOUT counting on LUCK then you would have already explained it ;)

Why would he give away secrets? Ik how to beat the set  ;). Anyone with knowledge of sets/buffs would. Buff up with that set and sit on the board...I'll gladly give you a smack to prove it.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 June 2015 - 09:53.

#22 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 17:29

Why would he give away secrets? Ik how to beat the set  ;). Anyone with knowledge of sets/buffs would. Buff up with that set and sit on the board...I'll gladly give you a smack to prove it.

against my 150k armor you will need at least 210k+ (terrorize403 takes away -40,3% of your damage) damage to be able to deal more than 1 damage per turn UNLESS you are counting on LUCK !!!

with the highest composing pots, buffs & potions (not including epic chests / global chests) it is not possible for an EOC player (currently lvl 2500) to get 210k+ damage

I asked many players (in & outside the guild) between lvl 2000 - EOC (PvPers & NON-PvPers) what their highest damage would be and NON of them said they could get 210k+ damage stats !!!

if the EOC players can not get that much damage then you who are about 550 levels beneath them will certainly not be able to !!! furthermore EOC players have more access to sets that give them more damage than your current level 550 beneath them !!!

from now on I will ignore your posts because it is getting really silly reading them, you can not even make a decent point or give a decent explanation, you just come up with excuses ("true pvper", "secrets", ..) to avoid the subject ;)

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#23 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 18:29

It is though, BG confirmed :). How can you disagree with admins, its their game they know how it works, They made it lol. If you go back and look BG liked leos post. Guess since you asked around only a select few MoM knows :). I will not willingly give up secrets to prove my point...Will gladly ninja hit you on ladder cloaked then deactive buffs :). Might need to be after 2x though as i'm unsure if my current dmg set will be sufficient enough. It might be at the point where i need alittle luck... But EoC set is a sure shot :P.

Edited by EpicPiety, 14 June 2015 - 18:34.

#24 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:53

I gave an example and even explained in detail why it is not possible UNLESS you are counting on LUCK !!!

I do not think "proper" PvP should be based on LUCK !!!

btw if you really knew how to beat that setup WITHOUT counting on LUCK then you would have already explained it ;)

I simply stated there is a way to beat your example, I am not here to teach you how to pvp  :ph34r:

#25 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 15 June 2015 - 15:00

To kill 100ish hp isn't too hard, poison,bloodthirsty, ignite ( love that buff lol). Low level sc would make killing armor hard but not impossible.

I love armor sets over defense due to the silly randomness of a 2%, but armor isn't unstoppable. It can be VERY hard to repeatedly defeat ,but that's where perseverance comes into play.

Shatter armor, shield strike, Piercing strike enhancement/ sharpen buff help as well.

Edited by Maehdros, 15 June 2015 - 15:02.

#26 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 15 June 2015 - 15:20

To kill 100ish hp isn't too hard, poison,bloodthirsty, ignite ( love that buff lol). Low level sc would make killing armor hard but not impossible.

I love armor sets over defense due to the silly randomness of a 2%, but armor isn't unstoppable. It can be VERY hard to repeatedly defeat ,but that's where perseverance comes into play.

Shatter armor, shield strike, Piercing strike enhancement/ sharpen buff help as well.

That's what I was thinking in my head - sitting with poison, bloodthirst, ignite and even some reflection (when LD activates) - however, if you start adding in the added effects of Ageless, small level SC, GoldenShield, High Guard, etc., then you're most likely counting on luck more often than not when hitting on those types of sets. On that same example though, when you have Invert added to it, are you able to not only cover 150k armor, but 150k defense (I know it's not the exact amount, but just saying in the example) if you get that activation 35% of the time, with the possibility of Dispel Curse, Flinch, etc.?

Are there ways around sets? Yes. However, many buffs that have been brought into the game have really started making the game out to be a crapshoot most of the time that you fight someone. While I'm not saying that you can't get around sets with specific buffs and such, I'm just stating that there is more luck involved than not anymore.

#27 mary4ever

mary4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:22

that is how a pvper talks

these are just some of the LUCKY buffs / enhancements that can kick in and turn the table

That's what I was thinking in my head - sitting with poison, bloodthirst, ignite and even some reflection (when LD activates) - however, if you start adding in the added effects of Ageless, small level SC, GoldenShield, High Guard, etc., then you're most likely counting on luck more often than not when hitting on those types of sets. On that same example though, when you have Invert added to it, are you able to not only cover 150k armor, but 150k defense (I know it's not the exact amount, but just saying in the example) if you get that activation 35% of the time, with the possibility of Dispel Curse, Flinch, etc.?

Are there ways around sets? Yes. However, many buffs that have been brought into the game have really started making the game out to be a crapshoot most of the time that you fight someone. While I'm not saying that you can't get around sets with specific buffs and such, I'm just stating that there is more luck involved than not anymore.

that is exactly the point I was trying to make

remember how the original pvp system needed you to calculate your own & your opponents stats + there were only a few LUCKY skills (LD, FS) !!!!

now we have much many more LUCKY skills like: invert, reflection (HCS changed it because new players were able to beat EOC pvp stats), savagery, shatter armor, shield strike, dispel curse, sealed (HCS changed it because it was almost a "WIN" - button), high guard, golden shield, and many more LUCKY skills :(

would not it be better if those LUCKY skills would not work on the PvP ladder (PvP league .)?

why can not we PvP like we used in the original PvP system where we had to mainly use our calculations & experience to beat the other target, where LUCKY skills do not have a HUGE IMPACT & turn the table ?

Edited by mary4ever, 23 June 2015 - 02:23.

3 players on iggy (1 troll & 2 players whose posts never make any sense)

#28 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:33

I'm telling you as a matter of fact the set IS beatable without luck.

#29 hellsing1

hellsing1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 August 2015 - 18:40

BigGrim "Furthermore, why the heck should players who have worked hard at composing suddenly find some of their hard earned stuff does not work?" its called balanced combat take the new guy in to the picture and give him a fighting chance with all the high powered buffs (pots) that shouldnt be in game he wont get in to pvp or much of anything he doesnt stand a chance in XP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: