21 replies to this topic

#1 Removed4427

Removed4427

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 23:25

Is anyone having any success with this? I'm 0/5 with 3 codes generated for a few I've been able to contact off-site, but they are very very quit so far

#2 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 00:09

Is anyone having any success with this? I'm 0/5 with 3 codes generated for a few I've been able to contact off-site, but they are very very quit so far

Just the one sent out, but NADA ...

#3 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:21

My bro returned but quit soon after being mauled as it reminded him why he quit in the first place. Oh wait, that's never happened in 5+ years. My bro's a liar!

#4 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:46

My bro returned but quit soon after being mauled as it reminded him why he quit in the first place. Oh wait, that's never happened in 5+ years. My bro's a liar!

This thread isnt about why people quit -.- Bringing it up isnt going to change anything. You shouldve pushed him to get those 50 levels, though... Profit for you -shrugs-

#5 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:40

This thingy "Returning player reward" doesn't work for players who came back on their own?
So,I should just quit again and come back after another year? :D

#6 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:59

This thread isnt about why people quit -.- Bringing it up isnt going to change anything. You shouldve pushed him to get those 50 levels, though... Profit for you -shrugs-

He returned because I urged him to come back for the reward so it is related? -shrugs-
I think it was good strategy on the cows part to get old players back and have them see the improved fallensword experience but since he was going backward instead of forward, he told me it wasn't worth it... but I have no proof as some would like to see... He just verbally told me but I didn't record my convo... lol

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:04

This thingy "Returning player reward" doesn't work for players who came back on their own?

maybe someone generated a code for you before you came back..i know thats what i did for most of my inactive allies...to make use of it if no one generated a code, just have to wait only 120 days ;)

#8 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:08

He returned because I urged him to come back for the reward so it is related? -shrugs-
I think it was good strategy on the cows part to get old players back and have them see the improved fallensword experience but since he was going backward instead of forward, he told me it wasn't worth it... but I have no proof as some would like to see... He just verbally told me but I didn't record my convo... lol

So... he was being 100 stammed so much that he lost ALL the levels he got with ALL that stam they gave him? PvP at lower levels is brutal. It gets easier to ignore PvP as you go higher. Looking at his character right now 1. he needs to dump gold. anything over 100k is a target (I still hit for gold if they have 75k+ if im desperate). 2. He doesnt even have a decent setup on to even TRY to defend himself :(

#9 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:27

Why is this thread turning into another PvP thread ?? - wasn't it originally meant to be about if anyone had successfully got a retired player to return ? (I realise that yotwehc was relating his experience of such, but we've gotten side-tracked ... )

#10 spuddles

spuddles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:35

Friend in my guild got me to come back and I hit 50 levels right about at the 20 day mark and we both got our fsp the next day.

#11 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:47

Why is this thread turning into another PvP thread ?? - wasn't it originally meant to be about if anyone had successfully got a retired player to return ? (I realise that yotwehc was relating his experience of such, but we've gotten side-tracked ... )

Sorry - I'll take the blame... I couldn't help throwing that jab in :-)
As most of us have found, it's very difficult to find retired players in RL. Of the 5 I have created invites for, 1 was my bro (who quit - can I get a new code and kick him off?) and the other was pure luck as I created a code for some of my old guildmates and one actually came back on... Still working on getting the 50 levels.

#12 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:49

I've seen people with the bronze phoenix medal, so it's working for some people.

I have a real life friend that qualifies. Just need to convince him to play.

#13 DragonLord

DragonLord

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:00

I still think that the code / invite should be sent from the cows (given they have all the sign-up email addresses) via the player tho.

#14 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:00

I still think that the code / invite should be sent from the cows (given they have all the sign-up email addresses) via the player tho.

They will be reported as spam in no time.

#15 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 18:07

They could send one email per week to 'the most wanted player' back by the FS community. Imagine Phool receiving an email from the cows stating that he's been voted as the most wanted return by the FS community. Add 'The most wanted return' ladder to see who's been a winner each week. Something like that.

#16 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 22:19

They could send one email per week to 'the most wanted player' back by the FS community. Imagine Phool receiving an email from the cows stating that he's been voted as the most wanted return by the FS community. Add 'The most wanted return' ladder to see who's been a winner each week. Something like that.

That would actually be better than current system...most players don't share personal info and no one except HCS can contact them after they quit the game.
Some players who influenced this game and people who play it,like Phool,would surely be happy to see that they are wanted back.

#17 Dulcharn

Dulcharn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:28

Anemie, if you quit for a few months and return using my 'return code', I'll do the same for you! :D I could be absent June-July-August :D

#18 astrallion

astrallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 13:31

Glad to see you again bro!

Nice quitting. :D

#19 Anemie

Anemie

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 16:13

Glad to see you again bro!

Nice quitting. :D

Yea,I'm in a process of gaining my levels back...
It will be interesting to see how long I'll be able to keep them :D

#20 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:29

you must SEND code BEFORE they log back in. that is the catch. then they have to enter your code on the return player page.

Then, you have to meet other requirements for FSP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: