#1 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:35

Alrighty! So!

Titans.

We all love the epics we can win off hunting them, and so we try and secure them.

But then what?

People beat a Titan half to death and then it lays in the dirt for ages until someone takes pity on it and puts it out of its misery....

The elementals i can understand, they don't have a drop and are primarily used for quests (besides the elemental shield blank)... but others like the invisible invader, heck almost all of them, they get secured and just... idle....

they age in their poor frail state until put out of their misery lol.

Now in the long run i know this keeps the epic market a bit more stable, but at the same time, for those wanting to try and secure it for themselves it just means they have to go and clean up someone elses mess :/

Id like to see some kind of reward or benifit for maybe finishing off a titan if your from a different guild if no ones attacked it in X days, or perhaps something to reward players for completely securing it, like a guild medal maybe (say 80% of the kills within a certain time frame that its cleared withing adds towards a guild medal perhaps :o

Just a little late night thinkering before bed XD

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#2 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 19:52

If titans started to decay after 12 hours of being active that would be great.

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 19 August 2018 - 20:35

If titans started to decay after 12 hours of being active that would be great.

Yeah, and BG said many times why this won't happen.... 

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 21:59

'nother idea: let them heal 1% for each day of inactivity  :ph34r:

#5 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 22:22

Yeah, and BG said many times why this won't happen.... 

He's never explained why.

#6 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 22:34

He's said a few times that decay would be unfair to those who actually did the work, or something to that effect.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#7 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 22:38

He's never explained why.

I thiink it would boil down to what happens now but on a much more serious scale. no one would ever bother to kill a titan more then half if they can just wait for it to decay and rot away. Thats kinda how it is now in reality, except they have to wait for other people to finish it off for the TKP.

'nother idea: let them heal 1% for each day of inactivity  :ph34r:

With this, i like it and would like to offer a counter improvement: at rollover each day, rather then just healing 1% it also removes the same amount from successful kills by all current hunters. That would prevent TKP farming on massive scales if something like that did get implemented. :o

Edited by goolsby7, 19 August 2018 - 22:39.

Gold / Kill peaks at about Level 310 or so - and then drops again twice - once at 1601 (from average 300g / kill with no doubler/mer/th to 250g / kill) and then again at at 1626 (down another 50g / kill to an average of 200g / kill)

#8 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 23:11

at rollover each day, rather then just healing 1% it also removes the same amount from successful kills by all current hunters

gHEiIwq.jpg

#9 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 23:21

gHEiIwq.jpg

I LOVE this XD *saves*

#10 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:12

This is a tough one because nearly all titans have been over farmed to this point which is why they dont get no love these days. It's cool everyone can get an epic or epic setup cheap but it did ruin it a bit since you cant get these epics out the game, unless they wanted to make em' crystal based or put a time duration on them(titan epics not recipe epics).

Though a way to do it would to give every titan a spawn time so say 3-5 days(spawn them less often too), if a guild secures it and it does not die within its time that guild gets its item still, while everyone else on the tail end of that secure would not get any of their tkp unless they finish killing it off.

#11 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 01:31

Though a way to do it would to give every titan a spawn time so say 3-5 days(spawn them less often too), if a guild secures it and it does not die within its time that guild gets its item still, while everyone else on the tail end of that secure would not get any of their tkp unless they finish killing it off.

The first part im all for, but the second part still leaves it to other people to bother clearing it U.U It may fix the market a tad eventually but it doesnt discourage half-attemtps at titans :/

#12 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 02:01

The first part im all for, but the second part still leaves it to other people to bother clearing it U.U It may fix the market a tad eventually but it doesnt discourage half-attemtps at titans :/

Only thing you could do is offer an optional reward, since the tkp's are near worthless to most  :(

If you are able to convert TKP's to RP i think that would be interesting, maybe a 100tkp/125tkp : 1rp ratio. If you use that ratio, if you got the other 50% of the kills you would 25/32RP max i think off the higher titans so the low levels with less tkp's would still wield a good 15-20RP i think. I would have to look into it more to get a close count of things.

#13 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:38

I think the main thing about TKP now is that individuals in a guild use it to ear epics over time by building up points from cleanup duty (which I'm kinda doing myself lol)

#14 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 05:53

you're on to something there murabane as guild titan kills are already recorded.

What if there is a TKP  temporary boost of all guild members similar to the RP boost?

Only need one to start

Fortune Pack B
Quest Finder 200 active
Merchant 200 active
Four Leaf 200 active
Treasure Hunter 200 active

Figure there will be about 3K  average left to finish off a titan after a guild secures

Weigh the time and stamina with the Guild Reputation and set a price tag to activate Guild TKP Booster for 12 hrs

20k, 30k or 50k GTKP to buy the booster

Note! this is in an addition to normal guild TKP for Epics of course O.O

Maybe this will help to get epics cheap enough to frag for awesome composed potions :D

Edited by WandKing, 20 August 2018 - 06:04.

#15 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:17

No ones ever bothered to kill it more than half to begin with? What's the difference. 

#16 goolsby7

goolsby7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:31

No ones ever bothered to kill it more than half to begin with? What's the difference.

This is the biggest thing I myself wanted to address. I think murs idea would be a good incentive to kill off a titan :V or at least a possible incentive lol.

I'm still partial to a kill burn on health rejuve idea as well lol. Make them want to finish a titan off or loose the chance at the item :D would being gback a bit of compettative hunting again :D

#17 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 20 August 2018 - 13:07

System works if the Epic is worth anything.

I feel like if the drops from these Titans become more worthwhile, the problem of clearing Titans would solve itself. There were some inventable Epics that were worth nothing before, then something happened to them...

And bang! They're worth money again! And everyone wants them! Wow!

Maybe we should look into what happened with those and apply it to the Titan Epic item drops and see how things go, no?

#18 murabane

murabane

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 13:54

System works if the Epic is worth anything.

I feel like if the drops from these Titans become more worthwhile, the problem of clearing Titans would solve itself. There were some inventable Epics that were worth nothing before, then something happened to them...

And bang! They're worth money again! And everyone wants them! Wow!

Maybe we should look into what happened with those and apply it to the Titan Epic item drops and see how things go, no?

I dont know if you could continue to make every epic apart of a recipe or two. Because they are epics everyone keeps them, regardless of value since there is no other use for them. So they continue to come into the game without being destroyed. You really just need a way for them to get destroyed over time and this would slowly fix itself.

#19 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 20 August 2018 - 16:43

I dont know if you could continue to make every epic apart of a recipe or two. Because they are epics everyone keeps them, regardless of value since there is no other use for them. So they continue to come into the game without being destroyed. You really just need a way for them to get destroyed over time and this would slowly fix itself.

Yes...

Something like you could use a number of them together to make an even stronger Epic. You add more and more until it reaches a certain cap.

It would rid the game of excess while giving it that "Epic" feeling back, since it's harder to get those stronger Epics :)

#20 Runesaur

Runesaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 19:44

Yes...

Something like you could use a number of them together to make an even stronger Epic. You add more and more until it reaches a certain cap.

It would rid the game of excess while giving it that "Epic" feeling back, since it's harder to get those stronger Epics :)

Isn't this the purpose of Tiered epics? :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: