How battling works

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ss_glockjaw

ss_glockjaw
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 21:35

Is attack/defense/armor/damage not the same way as fallensword?

i will one hit against these cyborgs and then out of nowhere there's a 13 round battle and i lose. how does it work so i can try not to die so much?

#2 ss_greenblaze

ss_greenblaze
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 21:58

i would assume it's the same way, it's kinda hard to tell at a low lvl

#3 Thoran

Thoran

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • Badge
  • Spain

Posted 27 November 2008 - 22:00

Remember that your items get damaged and they loose their power. I'ts not FS anymore. :oops:

https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif

[image]https://i.imgur.com/EZBgk78.gif[/image]

I'm also known as @UnoWild

The Wicked Players

#4 ss_ejames2100

ss_ejames2100
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 22:04

I do hate the new repair system, but apart from that I love this game :D

#5 ss_preacher

ss_preacher
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 22:14

so far the best thing is that HP doesnt recharge after fight...really nice feeling after FS where i really felt invincible . RPG all the way...

#6 ss_ejames2100

ss_ejames2100
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 22:15

I think it also makes dieing harder, I haven't actually died yet as I've had about 12k gold since lvl 1-2 :)

#7 ss_glockjaw

ss_glockjaw
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2008 - 23:23

Remember that your items get damaged and they loose their power. I'ts not FS anymore. :oops:

after they get damaged my stats don't go down enough for me to get killed.

my stats are much higher than my enemy's. I'm trying to say that I will one hit 5 times in a row and then the next time it'll be 5 rounds. then the next will be one hit.

it is very inconsistent. my stats are more than double my enemy's yet i still die a lot.

#8 ss_gabahey

ss_gabahey
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 00:34

if you are using a weapon it might be out of ammo ...

#9 ss_dsjupiter

ss_dsjupiter
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 00:41

it tells you if its out of ammo, and it happens to me also, 1 hit for a while, then out of know where a 5 or 6 hit

#10 ss_ffdamage

ss_ffdamage
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 00:44

it tells you if its out of ammo, and it happens to me also, 1 hit for a while, then out of know where a 5 or 6 hit

Same it is called luck. Maybe they should add a Hit % whihch tells you your current possibility to successfully Hit a creature/player. This may start at 33.3% and as your armour wears down due to fighting it may drop to 28.9% or so on.

#11 ss_glockjaw

ss_glockjaw
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:18

Well I wish a moderator would let me know what the deal is,

I hope I don't have to FF all my stuff just not have to die all the time

#12 ss_ffdamage

ss_ffdamage
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:20

You should keep an eye on your health and just get healed and buy the Heart potion things to heal your self to stay alive. it is called strategy :)

#13 ss_glockjaw

ss_glockjaw
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:48

You should keep an eye on your health and just get healed and buy the Heart potion things to heal your self to stay alive. it is called strategy :)

thanks.

#14 ss_treeline

ss_treeline
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:06

Make sure you check things out before you attack. some things use different energy types like solid, energy, fire etc

If you don't have things equip with the resistance then the creatures will cut right through you.

#15 ss_thristle

ss_thristle
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2008 - 02:33

Make sure you check things out before you attack. some things use different energy types like solid, energy, fire etc

If you don't have things equip with the resistance then the creatures will cut right through you.

when i started:

first few monsters: i have resistance to energy
i have 3 or 4 attack... i miss about 5 times, while they hit every time (they have 1 attack, and i have 6 defense).
they also hit me with 2 - 7 damage, with 1 attack, while i have 5 armor

#16 ss_glockjaw

ss_glockjaw
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 14:39

K well none of your suggestions worked I'm sorry to say.

I put points in patch so i can constantly regenerate myself as a cyborg.

I had just repaired all my weaponry (which is double my enemy's) and died first attack.

so there goes FFdamage's so called "strategy" and if it is just luck that's just retarded.

@treeline- they don't have any advantages, just resistances and i'm not using those types but thanks anyway.

My friend Heiden has FF stuff and still dies..

So my final question. What is the point of attack/defense/armor/damage if they don't seem to mean anything?

#17 ss_flameboyz

ss_flameboyz
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 16:51

I agree. If I have 5 times more attack than my opponent has defense then in FS that would pretty much be a 98% chance to hit (2% chance to miss regardless.) I know this game is supposed to be harder than FS but with the item repair, health, and combat system it is annoying.

#18 ss_djdraxman

ss_djdraxman
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 17:11

I have the same problem, as most of all the other players that is. I Hate that I can smoke something one battle and lose the next with missing it every attack. I think the damage should be random not the full dmg per hit. Also, have the armor play more of a factor when you are hit, and have the attack rate be more successful on the defense. But my main issue is make a skill that we can repair our own items rather than having them wear down way to fast after only 2 or 3 fights. This is my major issue with this game, the gear weakness and lack of ways to repair it. Love the game, I love the concept and the potential to be better than FS is there, however the game mechanics need to be fine tuned, (ie, attack vs def, dmg vs armor and randomness in battles, or lack thereof in dmg dealt)
other than that Thumbs up HCS.

#19 ss_jardel

ss_jardel
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 22:56

well i have at least coasted thou the low levels but its still the same, i got about 120 attack while they have 30-40 in defense i still get a miss every 4 battle or so, i got 40 armor they 9-12 DMG and still hits me with 6-8 DMG , so it gets better the higher the stats are at least but its just to much dumb luck it seems.

And as mentioned the repair, gotta walk helf the map to find some creatures, kill 8-15 then go all the way back repair and repeat.....

#20 ss_barmuka

ss_barmuka
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2008 - 23:52

my main concern is that damage in this game is not consistent. example where i am at all the entities have like 7 damage. i have 20 armor so i should get hit with 1 but nope. 5-8 from something with way less damage then my armor. i dont mind repairing and healing at buildings but the way things seem here i cant step more then 10 paces from either because apparently combat is different in this game so drastically from fs. in fs if i have 300 armor and something has 299 damage i take 1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: