FSP for FC?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ss_lopkiu

ss_lopkiu
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 17:15

Is it ok to trade FSP in fallensword for FC in SS2? I recently saw couple of msg that was just asking to do that, very tempted to get some FC in this game. I forgot what the admin said about it so I didn't do it. Can someone remind me that is it ok?

#2 ss_kuba

ss_kuba
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2009 - 18:44

It isn´t allowed.

#3 ss_warrantica

ss_warrantica
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2009 - 13:24

Nope, it's against the rules. You should take a screenshot of the message and report them to HCS ;)

#4 ss_lopkiu

ss_lopkiu
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2009 - 23:51

thz for the reply, but i got a question. If they sretch on the fact that this is 2 separate game, then y is it illegal to do so?

#5 ss_atheroma

ss_atheroma
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:04

I've seen it and been offerred it, but didn't because of the rule. I don't see why it's such a bad idea though...

#6 ss_kuba

ss_kuba
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:00

I think it´s a bad idea, because HCS has no way how to control this kind of trade. For example: Someone offers you FPS for FCs, you send him whatever he wants, but he doesn´t keep his part of deal and you are scammed. You start crying out loud, send tickets etc. HCS just want to avoid this.

#7 ss_atheroma

ss_atheroma
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2009 - 13:41

All this is academic really, cuz it's against the rules. If they catch you, you get kicked from BOTH games, I have no doubt. It's not worth the risk

#8 ss_joenobody

ss_joenobody
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 16:41

If they catch you, you get kicked from BOTH games, I have no doubt. It's not worth the risk

I reported someone for this and I heard back from HCS that they were just warned about it.

#9 ss_adrianna

ss_adrianna
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 17:29

If they catch you, you get kicked from BOTH games, I have no doubt. It's not worth the risk

I reported someone for this and I heard back from HCS that they were just warned about it.

I guess it depend on which support person handled your ticket. The one I reported was terminated from both games after using Find/Locate Player to see if he was still around and he wasn't.

#10 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:30

yeah, there is a line in the acceptable use policy (u can see it using the link at the bottom of the screen) that pretty much says u cant do it. i think this is the main part that doesnt allow trading between games:

You may not advertise the intent to or commit the act of buying (excluding direct purchases from Hunted Cow Studios Ltd), selling, trading, sharing, or transferring access to any game account, Flux Crystals or any other commodities within the game for money, money's worth or commodities outwith the game. Game accounts are non-transferrable under any circumstances. All game accounts, characters, items, Flux Crystals, and other commodities within the game are the sole property of Hunted Cow Studios Ltd.

and i have seen people get terminated for trading fsp for fc before too.

#11 ss_magebattle

ss_magebattle
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2009 - 15:24

I wonder what does it mean by advertise the intent

#12 ss_draconus

ss_draconus
  • Guests

Posted 28 February 2009 - 22:01

i think that means u cant post somewhere like the sigma box that u want to trade fsp for fc or anything else like that between games. so anyone who does it and gets reported would get in trouble.

#13 acidic

acidic

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 February 2009 - 22:27

So I know this is not allowed - BUT I am curious why? The policy just doesn't seem rational to me. I understand it is pretty stupid to do this as it is easy to scam people this way, but that is part of the buyer beware common sense law right? so I am curious what the reason for this is beyond that.

#14 ss_lopkiu

ss_lopkiu
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2009 - 20:48

HCS want you to spend money on both game i guess

#15 ss_joenobody

ss_joenobody
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:11

Pretty much, I imagine. I can make over 10 FSPs per hunt in FS, and that figure may well be higher for higher level players. Think of the revenue HCS would lose if I could trade those for FCs. If you then factor in earning FSPs from SE hunting, buff selling, etc, you could end up with a situation where SS2 players didn't need to buy FCs at all because they could get enough of them from trading FSPs.

#16 MaximusGR

MaximusGR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 15:53

Pretty much, I imagine. I can make over 10 FSPs per hunt in FS, and that figure may well be higher for higher level players. Think of the revenue HCS would lose if I could trade those for FCs. If you then factor in earning FSPs from SE hunting, buff selling, etc, you could end up with a situation where SS2 players didn't need to buy FCs at all because they could get enough of them from trading FSPs.

I too think thats the main reason it is not allowed..

#17 ss_zocc1

ss_zocc1
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 19:51

I too think thats the main reason it is not allowed..

I would have to disagree with that being the reason, because the only way flux gets into the game is by either someone donated, or did an offer, also the same with with FS. So even if we were allowed to do fsp/flux trading all its really doing is switching who is holding them, the amount of flux/fsps in the game actually never changes because the game doesn't have more put in or taken out.

There are a few huge reasons why not to allow it though...

#18 ss_lopkiu

ss_lopkiu
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 17:09

lol i just saw someone trying to sell their account in SS2 for FSP in FS
lvl 17 for 30 FSP, who would buy? As soon as u buy the account get ban

#19 ss_monkey7117

ss_monkey7117
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2009 - 19:51

Yeah my Fallensword account got terminated for it.

#20 kornstar83

kornstar83

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:22

As I see it the reasoning behind not allowing us to trade FC for FSP is irrelevant, at some point you need to choose your priorities, if you have $40 to spend ($50 in canada) you basically have 4 choices

1) buy $40 worth of FC, and wait for another time to buy FSP.
2) buy $40 worth of FSP, and wait for another time to buyFC.
3) if you need them both badly enough then take your losses and buy $20 in FC and $20 in FSP.
4) save your money until you have enought to buy the FC and FSP you want then buy them.

Just because both games are run by HCS doesn't mean that they have to allow us to trade the currency between games, if that was so I would Buy 1 FSP, buy 25k credits, send them over to SS2, use them to buy FC, trade the FC for FSP and start all over again. If you were running a gaming company would you want people doing that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: