Rules of Engagement?

• Please log in to reply
215 replies to this topic

#1 fs_ryozanpaku

fs_ryozanpaku
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 09:42

It has come to my attention that a lot of the guilds that we're up against are starting to cry mercs.

I'm sorry I didn't get the memo about guild war etiquette, thus I will assume that like in the real world, anything goes.

You do not hear my guild complaining that we 8, are taking on POLC, Dwarven Forge, TWP, Resurrection, and whatever stragglers and allies they have all at the same time. We even laughed at you guys when you sent 41 bounty hunters to attack 1 member. Now the moment we got support that you didn't expect, you want to cry and belittle our efforts by saying we're relying on mercs to fight for us? As far as i'm concerned we're the only guild having 100% participation of all our members in deleveling efforts. We're doing what we're supposed to do, and yes, we do have friends out there who support us and voluntarily helped in our fight. We do not control the actions of others.

You probably though that with an overwhelming amount of players and resources you could crush us, now that you realize that wasn't possible, you find it necessary to bad mouth us?

bluebaron says: And aside from that, you don't think you guys have leaks? LOL As far as winning . . . nope. Pac is down a total of 43 levels. I'm not down nearly that much. Nice try though.

Notice how they're relying on trying to create doubt within our guild? I guess they figure if they can't physically beat us they'll try to make us feel bad or doubtful. Which is a good strategy, too bad that type of thing only works for guilds with members wanting to seek a peaceful place to play. But if you want to play that way, I have a message to you too then, Dwarven Forge. Why is it that TWP is participating in the majority of the fights while you and POLC sit pretty? Too busy having others level and try to bring up your guild's xp?

I'll admit, pacnbizzy and I combined lost 58 levels. You seem to like to use levels as a gauge, then please note from my own efforts I took 73 levels total from various players. That means we're causing more collateral damage to you than you are to us. With all the xp gains we're denying, we even managed to help drop POLC from their former rankings.
They used to be ranked 17, now they're at 18.

I guess from this point is where the cries came out that we're fighting unfairly, using mercs, blah blah blah. Say what you like, but fact of the matter is, we're taking more levels than your whole alliance is. If that's your excuse for your own shortcomings, then preach it to your guild to give them the strength and confidence to keep on fighting us. To me, it seems like you're trying to rack up sympathy points from the community, as if we're the big bad bullies. If you want, I can have a few of my players take a knee, if you think our domination in this deleveling game merits unsportsmanlike conduct. Will that make you happy?

To us, this is just like a legendary event. We get to suit up, hunt, then hope for drops. The drop of your levels and xp is the only thing we look forward to :) As an added bonus, with all the fsps and gold being put back into the game, we're doing our part in stimulating the economy. It'll be hard to drive down the cost of fsps, but we're doing what we can. :wink:

So in a nutshell...

No we are not gonna feel bad if you say we use mercs or insult us on how we're taking away your levels. Our way works, so why bother copying your losing ways?

No we will not bend over backwards for you just because you are struggling against 8 players. That's your problem not ours.

No we don't care about how much levels we lose, so threats to our levels are a wasted effort.

If you have any other concerns regarding how the fights are fought, please refer them to someone who cares.

#2 Hayabusu

Hayabusu

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:29

Word !

bf3wh3.png

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:59

Posted Image

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 fs_altare

fs_altare
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 16:07

8) Cuz that's how we roll 8)

#5 fs_nthnclls

fs_nthnclls
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 18:22

That's an intense post.

#6 Arturianos

Arturianos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 18:27

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. - General George Patton Jr

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -JS Mill, 1863

As i stand on the precipice, I fear not.
For I have seen the glint and majestic spread of my guildmates wings.
I fear not.
For I have seen the ferocious attack as they swoop down upon those who would try to clip those wings.
And keep them flightless.
I fear not.
For I have felt those wings as they lifted me out of the reach of tyranny and oppression.
My only fear is that my wings may be as strong and capable when my guildmates need me.

-arturianos

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 22:08

all's fair in love and war, yes? If anything, I commend a guild of only 8 members taking on so many foes. S they hire a few mercs...good for them. If theyve got the money to do so, and the help is available...

IIRC, no mercs were used by either side, at least to my knowledge. There were accusations of such, but in times like these, rumors fly about like arrows on a medieval battlefield.

And, I think you have missed the point here, the one I tried to make in another thread. If one truly believes one's cause is just, there is NOTHING so precious it cannot be sacrificed to serve one's cause.

I commend these people, because they stand firm, they don't let anyone divide them, and they defend their principles regardless of the cost to them. If only I had their courage and resolve.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#8 tonezone

tonezone

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:44

wow all this talk of mercs and war lol ... and here i just thought i was playing a simple online game !! i dont have much to say but i can say this .. to those of you in the guilds fighting against RA you may call it hiring mercs .. but i call it having a friends back ( and havin a lil fun too ) but i will point this out .. when the other guilds got involved why were they brought in? couldnt that be considered callin for help as well ?? you dont hear us accusing you all of getting hired help. but then again you may not comprehend that there are people that are willing to help just because they can !!

#9 fs_willy74

fs_willy74
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:43

My rule for engagement are simple:
1. Don't pick a fight you wont fight in
2. Don't mouth off to some one you don't intend to fight in
3. Don't piss off penny
4. Eat more chicken :twisted:
5. Don't dig a hole for your guild that you cant get out of with out hiring MERCS ( silly to pick a fight then ask for help cuz u realize you are in a bad spot....sometimes it is just better to regroup and strategically withdraw... the french call it retreat LOL)

#10 fs_ryozanpaku

fs_ryozanpaku
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:22

Sorry willy74, your rules of engagement doesn't make it official. This game doesn't revolve around you.

Talk to the rest of RTA about 1 and 2. They're asking for cease fire. :D

willy74 says: There is a post going up currently offering u a ceasefire...I have not as of yet participated and my guild has yet to fully engage...not by design...We full intend to enter this war in force if an agreement can not be made within 24 hours...I would hope that u would see that FA is a very skilled guild at WAR and we have yet to loose one...WAR is not the same as GvG...there are real losses...I come to you having had real dealing with you in the past regarding GvG issues...knowing full well how u act and what lengths u will go to to keep your GvG record and standing as a guild in tact...equally the RTA must keep the same face...Rationally i say to you...Accept the Ceasefire..go back to buisness as usual and have fun...lets not draw this out...But if u feel u have to i respect that as well... Stay Sucka Free ^_^ Happy hunting, Ryozanpaku ~Willy74~

Oh... where do I begin.... hmmm.... I guess I should address each point you made.

Point #1) So.. you're saying that only now you're considering engaging? It's been going on for what? 2 weeks... and only now you decide you want to join in? I didn't know RTA was about picking and choosing when to come in.

Point #2) Right. War isn't the same as GvG, it's similar. It's a drawn out PvP with levels loss. So the fact that we're taking more levels means, we're pretty good at this war game as well.

Point #3) I'm not too sure what you mean by saving face... are you trying to save face by finally participating? Trying to find ways to come up with an excuse for not helping RTA? Reasoning that if you were to join this war with your undefeated record it will come to an end? Personally, I think you should have been the first to respond, since given your record and all, it would've made things a lot easier on the other guilds. You lead me to believe the only way you won wars were by coming in late and laying claim to the efforts of others. Just my opinion personally. I don't recall any of the guilds you've had war with. We were never asked to join.

Just so you know, RTA is already losing face and respect for making up excuses and crying about mercs when they're having trouble dealing with 8 players. I can't rationale how your participation will undo the state RTA is in. Please enlighten us.

Point #4) No thanks. Our business on the GvG board was pretty boring. We're really enjoying this fight. We're losing levels, you're losing levels, as a fight should be. Besides, since you said you're undefeated in wars, it gives us an incentive to continue with this war. We always like challenges. It builds character. :D

Don't be a stranger Willy74, i'll be really disappointed... more so since you guys didn't bother participating since day 1. :(

Either way, let's all help make this a glorious battle. 8 players now fights 5 guilds. What will the outcome be? Will the additional help end this war these guilds so desire? The outcome will make some good story telling in the future! :D

#11 pacnbizzy

pacnbizzy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:34

fact of the matter Willy , when i was threatened with POLC then Res on top of TDF we did not want to save face then i do not feel RA has to save face. And we do not ceasefire based on a time limit set by RTA you dont make the rules in FS the rules are all ready made. More threats which is a big point behind our fight is not the way to get your ceasefire remeber you all asked us for ceasefire once we got a little help

#12 fs_brownst

fs_brownst
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:37

That means we're causing more collateral damage to you than you are to us. With all the xp gains we're denying, we even managed to help drop POLC from their former rankings.
They used to be ranked 17, now they're at 18.

I wouldn't comment on something you have no concept of, the reason we have dropped a spot is because a few members left and then rejoined, our actual exp is below our Guild Locked exp so while we are still leveling at the same rate we are not gaining guild exp over our locked amount. I've haven't actually noticed a difference in our daily exp while the war has been going on so to say your the reason we have dropped down a ranking is really quite misinformed.

As for this little post:

I have a message to you too then, Dwarven Forge. Why is it that TWP is participating in the majority of the fights while you and POLC sit pretty? Too busy having others level and try to bring up your guild's xp?

I actually laughed, I can't believe the member of RA who has sat back and let all his guild members do the work and let them take the losses actually has the nerve to say that, you participated in a total of 3 attacks and lost 15 for them, since then you have not attacked anyone at all, despite all your chances to do so, even when invited to participate you have sat back and watched. At first your excuse was that you didn't have any stamina, at the moment I count about 5000 stamina that you can use.
And when you don't get your guild mates to do the work for you you hire Mercs, yes Badpenny, Mercs that were hired and paid for, not just friends helping out. After that then you got friends involved, which we are 100% fine with, I mean thats how we got involved in the first place. And thats about where we are at the moment, RA isn't hitting anyone anymore and letting all their friends hit for them. So much for the ultimate fighting guild.

And as for the entire 8 guilds against 1, so far it's only been a handful of players from each guild, not 618 players as one of your guild mates points out in his bio. And not to mention the players from other guilds that have been helping out RA, which greatly outnumber the members of RA. We are fine with you doing this, as this is what we are doing, helping our friends. But don't pretend it's just the 8 of you involved in this. Especially when the members of your guild haven't been responsible for even 50% of the attacks on members of the RTA.

We responded to the unprovoked attack of a member of a guild in the RTA, we attacked to defend and to cease the attacks on this player, then when you got back what you were dishing out you couldn't handle that.

We have not been bullying or picking on this guild, we were just trying to get the unprovoked attacks on our members to stop, and this has been taken too far. If you 100 stam attack someone then you run the risk of being counter-bountied and deleveled, everyone knows this, but instead of just taking what was due you cried and argued and brought it to the conflict it is now.

We are willing to stop, we have always been willing to stop, but when you attack our members we will have and always will respond.

Just my view of things :)

#13 Arturianos

Arturianos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:50

unprovoked attack of a member of a guild in the RTA

A single member. Of a single guild. One on one. You gang jumped us like a gang of crips, then expect us to take it like good little players. :roll: LOL[/u]

#14 pacnbizzy

pacnbizzy

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:02

so if a war is based on taking lvs and we can never lose more than you you stand no point to fight

#15 fs_brownst

fs_brownst
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:08

A single member. Of a single guild. One on one. You gang jumped us like a gang of crips, then expect us to take it like good little players. :roll: LOL[/u]

No we gang jumped 5 levels off the player (not your entire guild, so don't say us) who was doing the attacking, happens all the time, it's called a de-level party :) It's a method to try to get people to back off when they refuse to. So our members can enjoy the game, 10 stam is all well and good but when there are constant 100 stam attacks we like to defend our members.

I do like being referred to as a gangsta though, makes me feel all warm and fuzzily. It also means every player who has ever been involved in a de-level party is also a gangsta. Thats a lot of gangsta's :)

#16 smurflord

smurflord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:36

well when your hitting somebody it also helps if your a lower lvl since when you are a lower lvl you take away more Xp on 100 stams hmmm and crips really such blah please refrain from bringing real life gang stuff into this come on now this is a game and in a game there are players, players like to have fun and i guess im a gangsta

For now i shall remain quiet

#17 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:49

well when your hitting somebody it also helps if your a lower lvl since when you are a lower lvl you take away more Xp on 100 stams hmmm and crips really such blah please refrain from bringing real life gang stuff into this come on now this is a game and in a game there are players, players like to have fun and i guess im a gangsta

Wrong! XP taken, on the BB, is based solely on the level of the defender, REGARDLESS of the level of the attacker... For example, if I am on the BB, whoever takes my bounty will take an average of 250K for each hit 100 stsm hit, 25K for a 10 stam hit. It doesn't matter if the attacker is a lvl 60 or a lvl 600.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#18 fs_ryozanpaku

fs_ryozanpaku
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:49

I actually laughed, I can't believe the member of RA who has sat back and let all his guild members do the work and let them take the losses actually has the nerve to say that, you participated in a total of 3 attacks and lost 15 for them, since then you have not attacked anyone at all, despite all your chances to do so, even when invited to participate you have sat back and watched.

Please refer to the part in my first post about not copying your losing ways.

And as for the entire 8 guilds against 1, so far it's only been a handful of players from each guild, not 618 players as one of your guild mates points out in his bio. And not to mention the players from other guilds that have been helping out RA, which greatly outnumber the members of RA. We are fine with you doing this, as this is what we are doing, helping our friends. But don't pretend it's just the 8 of you involved in this. Especially when the members of your guild haven't been responsible for even 50% of the attacks on members of the RTA.

You got that mistaken. It's 8 players vs 5 guilds (now). 100% of our members are participating in this battle and it's meaningless to name all the players you sent, the list is too long for us to manage and it's easier to just call you based on affiliation. To add to that 618 players, it's perfectly feasible for you to attain that number, he was probably just taking the average amount you are capable of sending. Why you don't have the same eagerness in battle, i wouldn't know.

You guys are still the majority and you're gonna complain that we aren't hitting every single on of your players? Then we have the right to file the same complaint. Why aren't you fighting with 100% of your players?

I would like to point out one little fact. RA with its 8 dedicated "fighters" will never lose as many levels as other larger guilds, simple math. So all your bragging about how many levels your "fighters" have taken from other players or guilds is deceptive. From what I see you and your "fighters" are the only ones harping on lost levels (even though levels aren't important to your little band of brave "fighters"

Duh. That's why I it's funny to think that you guys can win this war.

There's nothing deceptive about the numbers. Truth be told we lost less levels than you guys did. RA>LEVELS>RTA. Simple math right? :D

We're harping I guess, because that has been historically the gauge of how a war is going and the only thing that onlookers can have a conceptual relativity to. If I recalled correctly, Willy74 was doing the same thing comparing levels loss to levels taken. Now since he's finally throwing his hat in the mix, i'm sure that he'll be using the same gauge. I supposed we can use something else to harp about, such as the amount of complaining RTA is doing, the amount of whining perhaps, but that's something only we can relate to. You'll only hold onto your precious denial.

#19 Arturianos

Arturianos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:15

No we gang jumped 5 levels off the player (not your entire guild, so don't say us) who was doing the attacking, happens all the time, it's called a de-level party :) It's a method to try to get people to back off when they refuse to. So our members can enjoy the game, 10 stam is all well and good but when there are constant 100 stam attacks we like to defend our members.

I do like being referred to as a gangsta though, makes me feel all warm and fuzzily. It also means every player who has ever been involved in a de-level party is also a gangsta. Thats a lot of gangsta's :)

You're right it is called a delevel party :-) You read the wiki didn't you ;-) You delevel we delevel and so on, and so on........... and by the way gangsta aint cool. Haven't you seen boy's in the hood. Kids get mixed up in gangs and bad stuff happens :-)

#20 smurflord

smurflord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:23

Wrong! XP taken, on the BB, is based solely on the level of the defender, REGARDLESS of the level of the attacker... For example, if I am on the BB, whoever takes my bounty will take an average of 250K for each hit 100 stsm hit, 25K for a 10 stam hit. It doesn't matter if the attacker is a lvl 60 or a lvl 600.

ok so i was wrong ok then i was wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: