69 replies to this topic

#41 Lahona

Lahona

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 13:06

Composing was originally suggested as a way of removing excess gear from the game, making LE items regain some value and allowing for more frequent LE and crystalline events.

When first implemented composing was solely player bound.  Requests were made to allow guild bound and HCS agreed.  This opened up the possibility to sell composed pots within a guild. 

This opened up the possibility to become a traveling composer and therefore maybe profit from composing.  One player saw this opportunity and HCS saw nothing wrong with it so allowed it (after a debate on the forums).

#42 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 13:08

I, for one, don't have L60 composers in my guild Lap, and I still think that guild hopping / travelling composers shouldn't have been allowed (despite my earlier opinions, when composing was introduced being different).

That said, I know that now that won't change - but some sort of limitation placed on them seems only fair - and the 7 day membership in a guild seems the best way forward IMO.

Why the need for "limitation placed on them"? Because they are "supposedly" profiting from being the highest lvl in composing? Personally, I see that as just good game play.

What is a cool down actually meant to achieve?

Cheers.

wil72

#43 Filletminion

Filletminion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 13:17

Composing was originally suggested as a way of removing excess gear from the game, making LE items regain some value and allowing for more frequent LE and crystalline events.

When first implemented composing was solely player bound.  Requests were made to allow guild bound and HCS agreed.  This opened up the possibility to sell composed pots within a guild. 

This opened up the possibility to become a traveling composer and therefore maybe profit from composing.  One player saw this opportunity and HCS saw nothing wrong with it so allowed it (after a debate on the forums).

Actually Hoofmaster has never stated that in the forums or game.

#44 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 13:54

i am still confused as to the problem...(i will only use the two composers who came to my guild as examples, but maybe the other couple are different????)  why a cool down on composing??? , once they visit, they do not deposit, nor put stam in my guild, nor GVG nor Titan hunt..when the composers come, they are very friendly, we set up when they are coming.....they are different from "guild hoppers" for the simple reason that "we are all aware of the limit of the stay"  no information WHAT SO EVER is given of another guild....and with frequent visits, friendships have been made, and STILL the integrity of no helping with information of other guilds is honored.  SO, the only other aspect is the fact that any guild with no level 60 composer can now obtain, yes at a cost, pots not only for personal use, but guild use as well, depending on what is purchased and by whom.  We all play different aspects of the game and making composing pots is one aspect, and it has taken me MUCH fsp, gold, time and stam (hunting frags) to get to level 24, LMAO, so are the few composers at level 60 who travel, REALLY making a huge profit??? as we all know, they still need to have gold n frags...and time as well, to make pots...it is not an endless supply....would be sad to see it changed.

#45 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 14:06

tho, once my level 53 composer hits 60, i will be against traveling composers....LMAO so he has to stay in the guild!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!   actually im just kidding......if he chose to travel, i would hope he would have LWS be his home, but there are still guilds that are in need of high level composers, and there are still composers willing to travel yet not be a permanent part of that guild......

#46 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 15:25

If HCS never saw anything wrong with openly selling composing pot's why weren't they available to sell from the beginning. Where is the logic in guild tagging/personal tagging them? Remember that is the logic i'm trying to figure out. Maybe it's just me but to me this mean's that composing was mean't to be an unprofitable personal activity... But HCS wanted you to be able to also help your guild-mates hence the guild tagging.

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 March 2016 - 15:31.

#47 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:07

How many "travelling composers" of any note is there?

Cheers.

wil72

#48 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:10

How many "travelling composers" of any note is there?

Cheers.

wil72

I believe about two of them, this whole debate stinks of a personal agenda against a few. I am level 60 and yes I could travel around and have been made several offers to do so, do I want to do that, no but do I want to profit from composing again no I do to charge my guild anything for my potions as I want to see my guild thrive and be competitive in ll aspects of the game. I do not wish to see potions become unbound or freely available to all and sundry, you want the good stuff work hard to achieve it, I did...

#49 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:15

I believe about two of them, this whole debate stinks of a personal agenda against a few. I am level 60 and yes I could travel around and have been made several offers to do so, do I want to do that, no but do I want to profit from composing again no I do to charge my guild anything for my potions as I want to see my guild thrive and be competitive in ll aspects of the game. I do not wish to see potions become unbound or freely available to all and sundry, you want the good stuff work hard to achieve it, I did...

Nuff said, in my opinion.

Cheers.

wil72

#50 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:22

This is often where a lot of people get tripped up on... I have a problem with the fundamental idea not the individuals. I'd imagine most all other's have a problem with the idea rather than the people as well.

In-case you didn't read the beginning posts or the OP. Also there are more than two? But that's irrelevant to the thread anyways. What's wrong with talking about how composing was supposed to be? What's wrong with trying to break it down logically? Often there are loopholes with many of HCS ideas. The same thing happens for all other aspects and they've actually changed accordingly.

If HCS never saw anything wrong with openly selling composing pot's why weren't they available to sell from the beginning. Where is the logic in guild tagging/personal tagging them? Remember that is the logic i'm trying to figure out. Maybe it's just me but to me this mean's that composing was mean't to be an unprofitable personal activity... But HCS wanted you to be able to also help your guild-mates hence the guild tagging.

^^^

This is what i'm trying to logically breakdown because fairly thing's don't add up currently.

I do not wish to see potions become unbound or freely available to all and sundry, you want the good stuff work hard to achieve it, I did...

This stinks of hypocrisy they essentially are freely available etc...? Or maybe you agree with suggestion A.

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 March 2016 - 16:28.

#51 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:31

Again I ask, what does a cool down achieve?

And "composing" in it's current form is nothing like what Leos suggested. So composing has never been the way it was meant to be.

And logic, my friend, is in the eye of the beholder.

Cheers.

wil72

#52 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:35

Cool down attempts to make composing a guild activity like originally intended just like every other aspect coined a "Guild Activity" for the most part. 7 Days before you can compose a guild tagged potion is really not a lot to ask for? If your truly a part of the guild you surely plan to stay more than 7 days to say the VERY least.

Cheers,

EP

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 March 2016 - 16:36.

#53 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:46

7 days, then gone, they are hardly part of the Guild mate. So I don't see why it should be imposed.

Cheers.

wil72

#54 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:48

And is it a Guild activity? Can you not compose on your own?

Cheers.

wil72

#55 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2016 - 16:54

In-case you didn't read the beginning posts or the OP. Also there are more than two? But that's irrelevant to the thread anyways. What's wrong with talking about how composing was supposed to be? What's wrong with trying to break it down logically? Often there are loopholes with many of HCS ideas. The same thing happens for all other aspects and they've actually changed accordingly.

^^^

This is what i'm trying to logically breakdown because fairly thing's don't add up currently.

This stinks of hypocrisy they essentially are freely available etc...? Or maybe you agree with suggestion A.

Are you saying I didn't work hard to get to level 60 or something, I am confused...

I do not agree with your option A. Potions are not freely available to "all" are they, just those who have deep pockets, fundamental difference. Please keep your flame bait away from me, nothing I have said "stinks of hypocrisy"

Final comment on this as I sincerely hope BigGrim locks this thread as composing hopefully won't change!

Edited by Davros81, 19 March 2016 - 17:12.

#56 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 17:05

Cool down attempts to make composing a guild activity like originally intended just like every other aspect coined a "Guild Activity" for the most part. 7 Days before you can compose a guild tagged potion is really not a lot to ask for? If your truly a part of the guild you surely plan to stay more than 7 days to say the VERY least.

Cheers,

EP

7 days on a titan is so that other guilds have a chance to hit said titan..and it spawns a few times so more epics can be gained......what is the 7 day cool down on COMPOSING for??? how does it benefit the community as a whole?? while it is greatly hurting those guilds that benefit .......and i know of three composers who travel...they visit several guilds, and depending on the number or requests, they can see quite a few in 7 days...so it is beneficial to NOT have this 7 day cool down......it does not make logical sense.....COMPOSING is not broken...it is working fine....and to the OP, there is a name, "TRAVELING COMPOSER" and they travel to guilds to help the lesser get the same pots, for a cost, as guilds that have high level composers already....why is that a bad thing???  if this is to make the game better, and help out....again...why a 7 day cool down??? there is no logical way to defend that except to say it deters someone from continuing to do traveling composing....

#57 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 17:19

And is it a Guild activity? Can you not compose on your own?

Cheers.

wil72

Do tell what kind of activity composing was originally intended to be. All ears believe guild activity and personal is where it touches on the most.

#58 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 17:25

Do tell what kind of activity composing was originally intended to be. All ears believe guild activity and personal is where it touches on the most.

Personal activity. Single player power. And about bloody time. A lvl 5 player could be composing lvl 60. Power to them! Travel and make good I say.

Cheers.

wil72

#59 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 17:25

7 days on a titan is so that other guilds have a chance to hit said titan..and it spawns a few times so more epics can be gained......what is the 7 day cool down on COMPOSING for??? how does it benefit the community as a whole?? while it is greatly hurting those guilds that benefit .......and i know of three composers who travel...they visit several guilds, and depending on the number or requests, they can see quite a few in 7 days...so it is beneficial to NOT have this 7 day cool down......it does not make logical sense.....COMPOSING is not broken...it is working fine....and to the OP, there is a name, "TRAVELING COMPOSER" and they travel to guilds to help the lesser get the same pots, for a cost, as guilds that have high level composers already....why is that a bad thing???  if this is to make the game better, and help out....again...why a 7 day cool down??? there is no logical way to defend that except to say it deters someone from continuing to do traveling composing....

Help? That's where your wrong. For lack of a better term maybe? You act as if these composers are doing a great deed. They can care less what happens to you unless you stop feeding them. Logical way to defend a 7 day cool down or probationary period?. Obviously you didn't read my prior posts. Such the double standard for a good comparison let's bring up pre-CD THing. Minority were making off with thousands and thousands of fsps. People got angry because they weren't making those fsps so they said it was unfair. Thus CD lmao... I can care less about the "making fsps aspect" i'm just trying to break down composing and how it's supposed to be implemented. BTW i was just proposing 7 days before you can make potions then you can make however many you want? Apparently you think 7 days is far too light... Then bronze loyalty medal like prior proposed from people before.

#60 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 17:32

Search the forms EP, composing, in it's original form, and my opinion, it's current form is NOT a Guild ONLY activity. Do i need to be part of a Guild to compose potions?

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: