59 replies to this topic

#1 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:09

I was walking around to complete my DQ and that put me thinking about an idea for a new Titan.

What you guys think about a Titan that can spawn on any map bigger than 'X,X' (numbers to be decided), but the Tavern Rumours don't show where, also the Scout Tower shouldn't show it...You would only see the Titan's HP information.

Maybe that can bring some fun to the hunting, since your guild would need to organize to search a lot of maps, of course the guild who finds it would hunt it almost alone if no one else finds it, but that is the fun, I think, the challenge would not be about speed on the hunt itself, but on the guild effort to find it at first place.

Well, I think that can be fun, but fell free to toss your opinions here.

#2 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 13:53

I like that. A reward for those prepared to work together and scout it out. And anything that takes the speed of connection to FS out of play is a great idea as far as titan hunting is concerned in my opinion.

A new titan that only spawns this way with a potentially valuable drop for a secure is a big incentive to get involved so this promotes activity. I am all for it. :)

Good idea in my opinion. :)

Edited by Josh1404, 09 September 2017 - 13:54.

#3 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 09 September 2017 - 18:19

I already hate Titans, but it may be fun for you addicts, +1

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#4 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 19:26

+1

So, once you find it? It stays on that map? Just have to search it out first? Could Drop those Gloves to replace Vine Tendrils.

Maybe it could keep changing Maps until it loses 50% of it's HP lol ;)

#5 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 21:52

Only if every map is a possible spawning location not limited to only 4-5 locations, I agree seems interesting.

#6 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 23:01

Only if every map is a possible spawning location not limited to only 4-5 locations, I agree seems interesting.

That was my idea, except those small elite maps, Cathedral of Ways, Coloseum of Gurgriss and few others...But once I saw you here I imagined how it would be for a small guild, would be a huge disadvantage.....Now I'm not sure if I like my own idea anymore lol

+1

So, once you find it? It stays on that map? Just have to search it out first? Could Drop those Gloves to replace Vine Tendrils.

Maybe it could keep changing Maps until it loses 50% of it's HP lol ;)

Yeah, stays on the map until he is killed completelly.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 09 September 2017 - 23:05.

#7 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 23:10

That was my idea, except those small elite maps, Cathedral of Ways, Coloseum of Gurgriss and few others...But once I saw you here I imagined how it would be for a small guild, would be a huge disadvantage.....Now I'm not sure if I like my own idea anymore lol

Oh well. Then they should make a biggerer one LOL

#8 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 23:16

Biggerer?  I like that word...

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#9 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 23:28

I was walking around to complete my DQ and that put me thinking about an idea for a new Titan.

What you guys think about a Titan that can spawn on any map bigger than 'X,X' (numbers to be decided), but the Tavern Rumours don't show where, also the Scout Tower shouldn't show it...You would only see the Titan's HP information.

Maybe that can bring some fun to the hunting, since your guild would need to organize to search a lot of maps, of course the guild who finds it would hunt it almost alone if no one else finds it, but that is the fun, I think, the challenge would not be about speed on the hunt itself, but on the guild effort to find it at first place.

Well, I think that can be fun, but fell free to toss your opinions here.

I liking this very much but sad thing is it not happening because of mistakes you posting

• your idea give compitition, compitition in FS game is bad, I not understanding why compitition bad thing, very sad
  • your idea will giving advantage to guilds who hunting titan with team work, official hcs saying titan hunting is teamwork but they doing things for titan hunting that against teamwork (go asking your guild member who last creating topic for increasing many titan hunting compitition, topic getting locked, I not joking, ask your guild)
  • your idea put one man guilds who titan hunting and not doing teamwork for titan hunting at disadvantage,
  • have you not noticing that more than last 10 new titans was all seasonals, only 1 new titan (is hunted cow titan) was not seasonal? in last topic you creating you talking about epic glove, it will be adding to seasonal titan, very sad

#10 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 23:35

I liking this very much but sad thing is it not happening because of mistakes you posting

• your idea give compitition, compitition in FS game is bad, I not understanding why compitition bad thing, very sad
  • your idea will giving advantage to guilds who hunting titan with team work, official hcs saying titan hunting is teamwork but they doing things for titan hunting that against teamwork (go asking your guild member who last creating topic for increasing many titan hunting compitition, topic getting locked, I not joking, ask your guild)
  • your idea put one man guilds who titan hunting and not doing teamwork for titan hunting at disadvantage,
  • have you not noticing that more than last 10 new titans was all seasonals, only 1 new titan (is hunted cow titan) was not seasonal? in last topic you creating you talking about epic glove, it will be adding to seasonal titan, very sad

It's not competition the cows object to, hon,  it's the constant requests to eliminate and/or bypass cooldowns....  All games have a CD for some aspects as they promote fairness and healthy competition....

Edited by BadPenny, 09 September 2017 - 23:36.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#11 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 23:48

It's not competition the cows object to, hon,  it's the constant requests to eliminate and/or bypass cooldowns....  All games have a CD for some aspects as they promote fairness and healthy competition....

that not true, last topic that getting closing was not to eliminate and/or bypass cooldowns, everyone knowing that if more players can hunting titans it meaning more compitition and topic was saying cooldown should staying and I agreeing cooldown need staying

you will seeing that what I saying in my posting will happening and my postings will getting deleting again for saying truth, very sad

#12 uncola

uncola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 00:27

But once I saw you here I imagined how it would be for a small guild, would be a huge disadvantage.....Now I'm not sure if I like my own idea anymore lol

I like the idea, regardless of being in a small guild. 

#13 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 00:36

that not true, last topic that getting closing was not to eliminate and/or bypass cooldowns, everyone knowioong that if more players can hunting titans it meaning more compitition and topic was saying cooldown should staying and I agreeing cooldown need staying

you will seeing that what I saying in my posting will happening and my postings will getting deleting again for saying truth, very sad

BG clearly stated he saw that particular suggestion as a backdoor way to bypass cooldowns, and that was his objection.  I only see variety and added competition here, healthy for the game.   

You misunderstand me, sir, I'm not criticizing your point of view, just pointing out your fears here are misplaced.

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

#14 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:15

have you not noticing that more than last 10 new titans was all seasonals, only 1 new titan (is hunted cow titan) was not seasonal?

Don't know if you know. The Invisible Invader Titan was released in December 2015. It's not Seasonal

#15 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:13

well depending on level of titan would think it has to be reachable by players at lower levs

well would expect this strange comment, some folks dont like just being a number in a large guild

i think i like the idea but prop wont hunt it down as im too lazy

Edited by activeh1, 10 September 2017 - 06:14.

5aZzW0p.png,

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 19:33

Can there be some sort of hot cold detector? errrr something like that. There is ALOT of maps

#17 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 20:53

Can there be some sort of hot cold detector? errrr something like that. There is ALOT of maps

Nooooooo

#18 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 10 September 2017 - 21:09

Hot / Cold as in "the map you're on is cold" - ergo, you're a long way away ?

I guess that would depend on what the "hot / warm / cold" parameters were ??

Not sure I'd get behind it tho as the "advantage" here is meant to be in someone finding it before anyone else and reaping the benefits rather than a "let's send 10 guildies out on maps 1 / 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 etc etc and narrow down the search pattern ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#19 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 21:44

I'm trying to make a way to narrow down the search without giving away too much...To start I think the Titan should be like bright orange, to avoid missing him on the map so you can search faster without spending a lot of time just looking at each single square.

Maybe some sort of indication on map level?
Like divided by 500 levels, the information about the location would be "Map 1-500", "Map 501-1000", "Map 1001-1500", etc...Would that be giving away too much? 500 maps to search still a lot of maps.

Edited by yghorbeviahn, 10 September 2017 - 21:45.

#20 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 23:05

I'm trying to make a way to narrow down the search without giving away too much...To start I think the Titan should be like bright orange, to avoid missing him on the map so you can search faster without spending a lot of time just looking at each single square.

Maybe some sort of indication on map level?
Like divided by 500 levels, the information about the location would be "Map 1-500", "Map 501-1000", "Map 1001-1500", etc...Would that be giving away too much? 500 maps to search still a lot of maps.

I only skimmed through... Is it going to stay on that map? Or is it going to jump throughout the realm. That's how i interpreted it. If its going to jump through the realm there has to be some sort of hot cold indicator imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: