1 reply to this topic

#1 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:57

Still finding groups for dungeons to be one of the major drawbacks with this game. We can all hope for many more players when it goes live, but there will still be people who play in unpopular time zones who will encounter similar problems. So I'm guessing there will continue to be players, like me, who end up stacking up the group dungeons until they are far enough ahead in level to do it solo - and when we don't spend ages farming for heroic items, that is a significant level gap.

I wonder whether it would be possible to make a few changes to the GFS to improve this considerably. For example...

• In the GFS dungeon menu, you could display the number of players currently waiting for each dungeon, so that players can join the dungeon that is most likely to generate a group; perhaps this could display the number in each of the player classes (damage, tank, healer) so we can chose which alt to play with
  • allow players to join more than one group (some anti-correlation here with the previous suggestion). At the point of joining a group you would be removed (or better, suspended) from the other queues. This would mean that you don't have to try to guess which is the most popular, and hence most likely, dungeon to queue for
  • remove the 1 minute cool down. I'm not sure what good it achieves, but it is highly frustrating to join a group, find you are the only one in the queue, decide to look for a different queue and discover that you have to wait to do so. (This wouldl't matter so much if the first point was implemented, but I still don't see the purpose in this cool down.)
  • enable people to specify their own minimum group composition when they join, or define a weaker group composition (or set of compositions) at which point you ask whether the group wants to keep waiting or just go as it is.

I do feel that getting the GFS right is one of the major tasks that still needs to be fixed before the game goes live.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#2 Shady

Shady

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 September 2013 - 14:44

yeah now i need to get up to level 7 or 8 just for doing that group quest level 3 alone i think they also need to make it aviable to players that arent in group finding system so you could ask anyone if hi is not in a combat/quest/already in a group or any activity that will make him busy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: