Photo

PvP Seasons Rewards. Thoughts and desires please.

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#101 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:27

Would it be much to ask to have a set that is called the Nights Watch Set?

Watchers Sigil (Ring)  and Nights Watch Stompers (Boots)?

#102 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 July 2015 - 14:16

Everyones xp gain is within the same +-40... Everyone has access to guilds that have epics aswell so that number is drastically lower...I don't see the point in how much your max stam is...at the end of the day when you've been playing the seasons for awhile its all down to stamina GAIN.

...another reason why I'd like epic gear that I can actually wear if I'm going to do PvP. As it stands, I can't wear epics and be competitive. That's a problem.

#103 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 14:36

Why ? - wearing stam gear is a choice, so is wearing gear to better defend yourself offline.

You choose to wear stamina gear ? - faster regen, more vulnerable

You choose to wear defence gear ? - better protection, slower regen

Everything is a choice - why should the cows provide something that does both ? - if they did, it would just cheapen both of the existing options

I see your point. But even the proper defence gear doesn't do much without the proper buffs to go along with it, and they don't call them "rewards" for nothing.

If the cows want levelers like me to continue to explore PvP, I need them to throw me some kind of bone here. If at least some of the reward(s) aren't going to help me level faster, I'm out. And I would assume I'm not alone. I like the idea of playing multiple aspects of the game, perhaps even at the same time, but as it stands I really feel forced to choose one or the other. Playing Seasons has been insanely expensive, both in terms of stamina and gold/fsp. I sincerely hope it's worth it.

#104 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 15:23

Buff available as button (Just like prestige buff when it was available)

*level= 1000 

*Duration  till pvp season done

*Can't use more than one during the pvp season

*have to optin pvp season to active this buff.

Skills available from this : Gloat,Honor,Reckoning,Fist Fight,Chi Strike,AdeptLearner,Librarian,Treasure Hunter, Merchant

I added Treasure hunter and Merchant to make it real fun and risk at same time since you have to play pvp if you gonna farm creatures for nice amount of gold  ;)

Not sure what is the currency to use for this

Edited by shindrak, 29 July 2015 - 15:25.

#105 Maury Bund

Maury Bund

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 16:02

New Enhancement Ideas

Vengeance - When losing a battle as defender, .05% per point chance to multiply amount added to attacking player's bounty. Can activate more than once in a set of combats. Does not affect gold stolen.

Vigilante - .1% per point additional xp taken in bounty board combat, as attacker or defender

Carapace - .1% per point to Armor and Defense in PvP combat (anti-Duelist enhancement)

Normalize - .5% per point chance to negate Invert buff

#106 fusionj

fusionj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 16:25

Between levels 900 and 1200 needs more armor sets. Make them armor/attack or armor/HP.

Level 800-1100 needs Helmet/Rune combo... Armor/attack or armor/hp. There's only 3 helmet/rune sets from 1-1100 that i see. One is crystalline Level 675 att/dam. The others are level 110 and 890 Def/Dam.

This is the range I was thinking of in my previous post, specifically looper's comment on the lack of helmet/rune sets. he general lack of armor, also, since we all like to avoid defense setups when at all possible, since it's a lot less prone to 2% losses.

#107 Dowster

Dowster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2015 - 18:35

Not a specific reward but a related suggestion. Would there be any possibility of having two different leagues. One with xp loss per defeat and one without (as it currently is) with different rewards for each?

So people have the option of no PvP - opt out, soft PvP - normal league, or full PvP. With better rewards for higher risk

Edited by Dowster, 29 July 2015 - 18:36.

#108 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 July 2015 - 19:40

chest/sheild or shield/ring with defense/hp around level 550-600 would be sgreat

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#109 TSDaedalus

TSDaedalus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 19:53

How about a weapon/armor set around 1000 that was atk/def/dam? I've been wearing Vakalem and Elaborate Crystal (w/ Hades and Findworms), but switching to Helhearts and ______ would give an interesting alternative. The existing Giant Robbing and Fire Fur are a little weak in this setup.

Edited by TSDaedalus, 29 July 2015 - 19:56.

#110 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:45

All i know is that i would like some kind of stam gain while im wearing pvp gear wearing epics is out of the question if you want to compete seriously. And can something be done about the 50 stam for attacks it takes no time at all to deplete my stamina bank? Maybe make some new pvp sets with a stat that reduces attack stam cost by "X" amount like if you complete the set it does minus 5 or 10 from stamina cost. Thats my only complaint with this Seasons thing to much stam to sink into it and you gave people a opt out button.

#111 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:29

Hoof and BigGrim, while I think that inventing gear can be good, I don't think that requiring the old ladder tokens in the recipes is a good idea, lots of people dumped them when you said that they were going to be totally worthless shortly, and others, like myself, never had any to begin with.  And I honestly think that the invented items should be bound, you should only get this new gear, if that is what ends up being a prize, by having competed in, and winning, seasons.  If the gear is too good, and not bound, it will just encourage collusion, and those with the biggest stam banks, most likely eoc's, will dominate the winners list.   

I completely agree with this post. Why do we have to tie pvp seasons with the ladder tokens. Considering you can't earn more of them this puts new pvpers at a disadvantage to old pvpers. Give the new system a chance.

#112 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:40

Please, no more luck buffs for PVP - Golden Shield, High Guard, Savagery, Sealed etc

Counter buffs to eliminate those buffs would be great :)

I originally thought like you Saxon, but lets say you don't have access to high level composed pots. Your only chance of countering something like that would be a chance buff like Sealed, Fist Fight, Shield Strike / Armored Strike, Golden Shield, High Guard, or Savagery.  Just a different angle to think about it.

My Suggestions / Ideas I've Liked:

1) Ability to skip guild mates in PvP Seasons for no gold cost, = ). I really like Paingwin's suggestion. Often times your trying to help guild mates do well in the game. don't see why this couldn't be added.

2) Always in Set: Makes on all of your equipped items part of a Set for X time. Would allow more combinations with sets + epics and sets + non-set gear for infinite combinations, while staying competitive in PvP.

3) Anti-Deflect at 300-500 range ... the strategy for seasons is going to similar to pvp ladder if we don't get access to better Anti-Deflect.  Get a lead with hits, deflect up until the season ends + do additional hits if needed. Or make deflect NOT work in seasons (you did opt in to a pvp contest ... why not ya know ... pvp). 

But if you did remove Deflect from working in rated hits, you would have to put some sort of cool down on rated hits. To infinitely be able to hit your opponent without cool down is a bit ridiculous. 

Side Note: Please consider putting some sort of cool down on Rated hits (would allow more strategy on when to hit + reduce the vast amount of stamina needed to compete). Many people have posted that PvP Seasons is too much of stam sink to be viable long term and I agree.

4) More sets is always nice, I would like to see more Armor / Attack sets from 1500-EOC.

5) I like the idea about 2x Composing or a percentage increase depending on what tier you placed in.

Edited by Windbattle, 30 July 2015 - 08:01.

#113 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:03

Hey there.

Lots of good feedback that I can use to construct new sets and potions.

On the subject of Potions, remember, Pride, Lady Luck, Encouraging Talk, Buff Enhancer and Brute Strength are Composing Only buffs. You can only gain them from there.

On the subject of new sets, I've discussed this with Hoofmaster and we are not opposed to a small Stam Gain on an Items Set Bonus. It would be small so as not to compete with Epics for that (though we acknowledge Epics need a wee bit of a tinkering with but that's another topic entirely.)

As for how you get the items, you'd get a number of Quest Items that would be used in the invention of sets. The recipes for these would come from a new shop at a reasonable gold cost. That way every player can choose which set they want without us having to come up with convoluted code to ensure a player gets an item relevant to their level.

~ Grim

#114 CountFxUup

CountFxUup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:07

sounds decent so far but can anything be done about stamina cost ive hit religously to try and keep my spot on crystal league and i just cant do it i exhaust my stam every chance i get and in a matter of hours im back to being on bottom between buffs and hitting id need a few hundred thousand stam. Maybe you can make conserve work with rated pvp attacks? anything to help with this crazy stam cost.

#115 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:19

In my opinion there should be a pvp season token. These tokens are gained based on position throughout the season. Let's say you were 1st for x amount of time and other ranks for x amount of time. When the season is over the tokens would pay out. The formula should reward people who held higher positions longer. This will stop people from waiting till the end. Also if coupled with a total open field with no level range on hits this should work perfectly

Ex.
1st place 15 hours = 150 tokens
2nd place 15 hours = 140 tokens
Blah blah

THE MULTIPLIER SHOULD BE HIGHER/LOWER BASED ON LEAGUE

ALSO

Position at the close of season

1st place 500 bonus tokens
2nd place 300 bonus tokens
3rd place 150 bonus tokens
4th/5th 100 bonus tokens
6th-10th 50 bonus tokens

Divide by 2 for crystal...divide crystal bonus reward by 5 for gold...silver,bronze and wood get no bonus.

Dare I ask for reserve stamina based on position as well?

*The formula for token growth overtime doesn't have to be exactly what my example was.*

TITAN TOKENS *they will be gained exactly like pvp season tokens but are exclusive to the Titan league. You will gain both types of tokens while in the Titan league.

Titan tokens will be used for better more exclusive rewards.

Because this would be running on a token based currency there should be a PVP season reward shop similar too the arena shop setup. You could list numerous kinds of rewards in there

POTENTIAL REWARDS

Gear/Sets *special pvp season exclusive sets that only work in seasons where there is a preset stat distribution but you get to choose what stats and slot*

MAKE YOUR OWN POTIONS *pick up to 5 buffs with preset levels to put into a pot. The higher the level the more expensive*

Reserve stamina *lets be real pvp seasons cost an insane amount of stamina*

Pvp prestige

Scroll of enhancement

this would add a custom enhancement to any item of your choice. *targeted at the new enhancements*

NEW BUFF IDEA

PVP Season Extend *will work like BM. It extends all buffs/pots by 300% on top of BM/extend/pride/reinforce*

Here's the catch activating this and using buffs/pots with this buff on makes it so if you initiate combat outside of seasons pvp or pve you lose all the buffs affected.

This should help with the extremely long seasons *3 weeks*

Running out of ideas will add on later. If you like my suggestion please add on with anything you can think. If you dislike it feel free to explain why as well.

#116 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:25

We're not doing another token system. The guys that got top position did so by maintaining that position throughout the week.

#117 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:31

We're not doing another token system. The guys that got top position did so by maintaining that position throughout the week.

the guys that got the top positions swooped in at the end or were lower levels and weren't contested...minus a few of em. If the seasons are as long as you said they will be I don't see why everyone wouldn't sneak in right at the end. Surely that's what I will be doing after seeing how much stamina it costed me to play from the beginning opposed to what people spent only playing the latter half. I was first in the beginning and realized very quickly I could not maintain it without taking huge loses to stamina and fsps. In fact if I kept up from the beginning I would of ran outta stamina and not even made top 100. I think I spent 75k stamina and that was after dropping down to silver rank 29 so I wasn't hit. I spent 14k stamina last night going from essentially bronze to crystal position 33rd. Tack on another 5k stam and that's what it would of costed me if I just waited until the end. fundamentally this system encourages waiting until the last moment and sneaking in.

Edited by EpicPiety, 30 July 2015 - 10:40.

#118 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:55

Everything else aside when do we get our goodies that we worked so hard for...well some of us.

#119 tuvok77

tuvok77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:58

Everything else aside when do we get our goodies that we worked so hard for...well some of us.

Yees when are the rewards gonna be put out to ze public. I reckon the season should have ended by now :P

#120 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:03

The Season has ended. We're still working on the prizes but you ought to get them by end of day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: