#21 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 15:03

Great!!! Lemme know when you all want the first render to be posted! :D
And i think i will start with an easy one and up the difficulty as we go along... sound good?

og3DxyP.gif

#22 Something Vulgar

Something Vulgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:57

I propose 10-20 fsp entry fee, higher pot is sure to attract more attempts from the community.

#23 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:34

Hey Guys.

Sorry to step in here like this but I gotta remind you that as per the Terms of Use, Player run competitions that include, but are not limited to, lotteries, quizzes, or draws that require payment for entry are not permitted.

~ Grim

#24 LadyPike

LadyPike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:31

But we can submit the entries for free and donate to the pot? :P

aBnRRF9.png

#25 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:18

But we can submit the entries for free and donate to the pot? :P

That is true, and im sure thats how we did it in the past. Considering this was a so often thing. 

Or did the forums not get monitored too much back then?. 

o7Yo7oJ.png

#26 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2017 - 15:03

People can donate to a prize but you cannot charge a fee. So if someone were to win without donating to the pot, they have to receive the prize.

~ Grim

#27 YouNoSeeMe

YouNoSeeMe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 16:39

That is true, and im sure thats how we did it in the past. Considering this was a so often thing. 

Or did the forums not get monitored too much back then?. 

what use to happen before... everyone who was entering would make a few avatars and/or sigs for an auction.   These avatars/sigs would be posted by the person hosting(someone everyone trusted) the competition for the auction.  Whatever sold from the auction would be the prize for the competition.

11ilrurjpg_zps06178485.png

#28 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 16:41

what use to happen before... everyone who was entering would make a few avatars and/or sigs for an auction.   These avatars/sigs would be posted by the person hosting(someone everyone trusted) the competition for the auction.  Whatever sold from the auction would be the prize for the competition.

Thank you for that information! Im sure we could make something like that work.

o7Yo7oJ.png

#29 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2017 - 16:47

That sounds fine to me. Will double check with Hoofmaster but I think it sounds fine.

#30 Something Vulgar

Something Vulgar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 August 2017 - 17:21

So we keep it at 3 entries per participant and it stays in the first post (via host) visible for the community to see it easier.
Then 2 days for entries and one day after to get all the votes cast?

Or is this group auction with the most sold pieces making the winner?

I think the former would make sense, quality over quantity and such.

Edited by LordAdonis, 03 August 2017 - 17:26.

#31 kisoku

kisoku

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 17:36

So we keep it at 3 entries per participant and it stays in the first post (via host) visible for the community to see it easier.
Then 2 days for entries and one day after to get all the votes cast?

Or is this group auction with the most sold pieces making the winner?

I think the former would make sense, quality over quantity and such.

I believe the group auction is just to raise up the FSP to use as the Pot towards the whole thing from my understanding. Though Auction competetions could be fun too, like make 12 avatars each artist, and put them up for auction. And not put any names and random it all. 

Theres a lot of things we could do, and a lot of fun things to do. I just know that i want the graphics forums to stay alive and these are some of the ways i see it possible.

o7Yo7oJ.png

#32 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:30

The auction always used to be before the GGT to make a huge pot, a huge number of avis get sold in the auction and the fsps from the auction along with the donations made the pot, so you want to make this a GGT 9 and start making ads and preparing for the auction ? I am with MZZ hosting it (if she doesn't want to enter ofcourse) she would get the fsps from the auction and donations and make the themes for eah round but we need a lot of atists for the GGT (atleast over 10 to be fun) so we can start making ads in game about anyone wanting to participate and prepare for the auction

clock96.gif

#33 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:51

The auction always used to be before the GGT to make a huge pot, a huge number of avis get sold in the auction and the fsps from the auction along with the donations made the pot, so you want to make this a GGT 9 and start making ads and preparing for the auction ? I am with MZZ hosting it (if she doesn't want to enter ofcourse) she would get the fsps from the auction and donations and make the themes for eah round but we need a lot of atists for the GGT (atleast over 10 to be fun) so we can start making ads in game about anyone wanting to participate and prepare for the auction

I won't enter, but I will help in any way I can :)

og3DxyP.gif

#34 SlntScream

SlntScream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:02

I'm confused, are we talking about doing a GGT or graphic of the week?

Edited by SlntScream, 04 August 2017 - 05:04.

TluddMk.png

#35 LadyPike

LadyPike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 16:11

I'm confused, are we talking about doing a GGT or graphic of the week?

Exactly what I was wondering...but, GGT sounds nice. I miss it.

So, here are few things to think about - for GOTW:

1. we all start making graphics now and advertise the upcoming auction

2. by the end of Sunday* all auction pieces should be submitted to auctioneer (Mzzery I suppose)

3. all auction pieces shold have - GOTW auction - text on them

4. auction starts on Monday*, ends 3-4 days later

5. the auctioneer makes a new topic and reserves first 2 posts. First for auction pieces and second for bids

6. the auctioneer is taking care of bids, of course...duh 

7. advertise some more

8. make bids

9. auction ends

10. all artist are required to change the text on their auction pieces, to the buyers liking and send it to them (no, it is NOT the auctioneer's job)

11. the auctioneer now becomes a pot holder and a GOTW host.

* think the auctioneer should always have the final word regarding the schedule (availability and such)

1a. the GOTW host starts a new topic announcing the GOTW start, date and time, and the deadline for entry submission. Post the render or stock (a story even) and what are we suppose to make (avi, sig....)

NOTE: we can all write here whatever and have fun...don't forget to advertise

2a. after the entry submission deadline ends, the GOTW host starts a new official GOTW voting topic. Sets an end date too, and post the rules and regulations.

3a. Reserves first 2 posts. First for GOTW pieces, second for the tally

NOTE: No, we can't write here anything else besides our votes and CnC.

4a. GOTW host then posts all GOTW pieces in the first reserved post.

5a. all GOTW pieces should have -GOTW- text on them and will be only one piece per artist

6a. all participants can vote, but not for themselves

7a. you can give 15 points in total: 5 for the one you like the most and then 4, 3, 2, 1, or we can do it differently by giving just 1 point to the entry you like the most

8a. Only the GOTW host will know which piece belongs to which artist, hence artist can't upload their pieces to their existing image hosting site accounts.

9a. Pot can be divided to: 1st - 55%, 2nd - 30% and 3rd - 15%

10a. The GOTW host ends the voting, sums the tally and gives the prizes

All of the above can be used for GGT 2017, but with multiple rounds, longer deadlines etc.

Can't think of anything else right now...lol :P

Now, discuss it...

Edited by LadyPike, 04 August 2017 - 16:35.

aBnRRF9.png

#36 Mzzery

Mzzery

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 16:24

It seems well thought through and sounds good to me :)

Just one thing:

8a. Only the GOTW host will know which piece belongs to which artist, hence artist can't upload their pieces to their existing image hosting site accounts.

I will grab from wherever you all upload, and upload them into my own imgur account, and use the links from that :) But I agree that the images should not be visible in any portfolios before sold.

Edited by Mzzery, 04 August 2017 - 16:25.

og3DxyP.gif

#37 activeh1

activeh1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 04 August 2017 - 21:33

the advertiseing blitz has started

5aZzW0p.png,

#38 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:29

Exactly what I was wondering...but, GGT sounds nice. I miss it.

So, here are few things to think about - for GOTW:

1. we all start making graphics now and advertise the upcoming auction

2. by the end of Sunday* all auction pieces should be submitted to auctioneer (Mzzery I suppose)

3. all auction pieces shold have - GOTW auction - text on them

4. auction starts on Monday*, ends 3-4 days later

5. the auctioneer makes a new topic and reserves first 2 posts. First for auction pieces and second for bids

6. the auctioneer is taking care of bids, of course...duh 

7. advertise some more

8. make bids

9. auction ends

10. all artist are required to change the text on their auction pieces, to the buyers liking and send it to them (no, it is NOT the auctioneer's job)

11. the auctioneer now becomes a pot holder and a GOTW host.

* think the auctioneer should always have the final word regarding the schedule (availability and such)

1a. the GOTW host starts a new topic announcing the GOTW start, date and time, and the deadline for entry submission. Post the render or stock (a story even) and what are we suppose to make (avi, sig....)

NOTE: we can all write here whatever and have fun...don't forget to advertise

2a. after the entry submission deadline ends, the GOTW host starts a new official GOTW voting topic. Sets an end date too, and post the rules and regulations.

3a. Reserves first 2 posts. First for GOTW pieces, second for the tally

NOTE: No, we can't write here anything else besides our votes and CnC.

4a. GOTW host then posts all GOTW pieces in the first reserved post.

5a. all GOTW pieces should have -GOTW- text on them and will be only one piece per artist

6a. all participants can vote, but not for themselves

7a. you can give 15 points in total: 5 for the one you like the most and then 4, 3, 2, 1, or we can do it differently by giving just 1 point to the entry you like the most

9a. Pot can be divided to: 1st - 55%, 2nd - 30% and 3rd - 15%

10a. The GOTW host ends the voting, sums the tally and gives the prizes

All of the above can be used for GGT 2017, but with multiple rounds, longer deadlines etc.

Can't think of anything else right now...lol :P

Now, discuss it...

Sounds like a GGT then :)

clock96.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: