clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:20

PLEASE READ TILL THE END, THANKS :)

Ok so the title says it, I wanted to offer some ideas, I liked the revert to this system, everything is working just fine now, however....There can be some tweaks to increase activity both for ladder and board.

★PvP Ladder★
▶The first and most logical thing is introduce rewards, dahhh its not science, introduce rewards like the ones of the PvP seasons and you will see levellers rushing to it before PvPers.

▶The ranges, I know bigger ranges means more players on each range but there's a huge disadvantage for lower levels at each range, right now its 250 level range so a lvl 251 for example should fight with a lvl 499 and we all know how many better sets the lvl 499 is able to use so here's what I think: Make ladder ranges a 150 or max 200 lvl range.

Now for the most important part "Bounty Board"!!!!

★Bounty Board★
●I am not gonna lie, I wanted this BB more than the new one, however, we can make it better to have more activity, read this carefully please and UNDERSTAND IT :)

▶AUTO BOUNTIES FOR LADDER ONLY, wait its not what you think or maybe it is, there should be auto bounties for ladder hits but how ? How can we make ladder hits auto bountied ? By increasing the gold on the bounty ? NO, we all know that ladder opponents never carry gold so bounties will be posted rarely, how about PvP rating ? YES, everyone gets a rating or loses one on ladder, right ? YES, but should you get punished for earning more rating ? NO, so how is it gonna be calculated ? Well, a lot of Players just opt-in and sit there doing nothing and everyone on ladder farm rating on their heads, those are the ones who should get posted on board, right ? NO, NOT EXACTLY, you will get auto bountied according to the Rating you lose, for example:-

Player1 attacks Player2
Player2 wins
Player1 loses 50 PvP rating

So here a percent should be taken from the lost PvP rating and gets added to the total bounty of the player, maybe 45% ? And as the player on ladder total bounty's (determined by LOST PVP RATING) increases, he gets more chances of being posted on BB, this way no players will just be sitting at the bottom hoping to somehow get a couple of tockens cuz if they keep losing rating they will get posted on board and lose even more levels, however XP loss on board should remain as it is and the autobounties should use the same XP loss as the normal bounties.

So this way players should still have a chance for posting their own bounties outside of ladder and in ladder people will get auto postes for the PvP rating they lose, will be updating this as I get more ideas :)

Plz take the time to say what you think about this and especially tje bounty board part :)

clock96.gif

#2 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:29

Ladder hits need to remain un-bountyable. For the simple reason that players posted to the board will get steamrolled.

I've seen it, done it, had it done to me. You want more activity, increase rewards as you said. That should work.

#3 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:32

So you think people who GET ATTACKED should be auto bountied? ROFL.. Do not think that will work very well.

#4 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:38

Ladder hits need to remain un-bountyable. For the simple reason that players posted to the board will get steamrolled.
I've seen it, done it, had it done to me. You want more activity, increase rewards as you said. That should work.

it would work for ladder but the BB would still have a lack of bounties, maybe it was bad before because players posted it themselves and was abused but now its automated, maybe it will work ? :)

clock96.gif

#5 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:41

So you think people who GET ATTACKED should be auto bountied? ROFL.. Do not think that will work very well.

plz don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say this I said according to the lost PvP rating, maybe the attacker loses ? Maybe the top guy gets attacked and loses ? Everyone will try not to lose and they will be forced to defend better adding more life to the ladder maybe ?

Edited by clock96, 19 August 2015 - 12:42.

clock96.gif

#6 jude76

jude76

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 13:35

Hi!

I would say that Ladder hits need to remain un-bountyable.

Better rewards should be enought, I would add just maybe that more 100 stamina hits you make better reward you get.

For Bounty Board I see only solution take pvp protection and Bounty will be full in one hour! If I look in my PVP range right now for a gold hit I can,t find any player that I can hit for it, ore they have pvp protection, ore they not playing the game for a long time.

So take pvp protection away and you will get the result you looking for, ( we all looking for)!

#7 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2015 - 14:06

Hi!

I would say that Ladder hits need to remain un-bountyable.
Better rewards should be enought, I would add just maybe that more 100 stamina hits you make better reward you get.
For Bounty Board I see only solution take pvp protection and Bounty will be full in one hour! If I look in my PVP range right now for a gold hit I can,t find any player that I can hit for it, ore they have pvp protection, ore they not playing the game for a long time.
So take pvp protection away and you will get the result you looking for, ( we all looking for)!

I think that removing PvP protection can be a good solution too, however I am currently waiting for levellers to come and say you want to force us into PvP

clock96.gif

#8 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 14:13

Removing PvP protection will make a lot of people unhappy. HCS wants to keep everyone happy, if possible. Which it isn't. 

I think if you remove PvP protection you'll get more targets for a short while, but then less as some players who rely on PvP protection to preserve their enjoyment of the game decide to leave. Fewer players = fewer targets. And the overall health of the game is degraded. That is why it is a bad idea.

But if you continue to ask for it long enough you might get it. Squeaky wheel in action.  

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#9 SlntScream

SlntScream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 14:54

Personally, I'd love to have seen the new bounty board stay in place, with a few minor changes. Here's my 2 cents and what I'd like to see:

- Commit to either the new or old bounty board interface 100% .. in it's current half-baked form, you must accept the bounty from the 'Bounty Hunt' screen, but attack from the 'Fight Player' screen. If accepting multiple bounties, you have to keep tabbing and find your desired target from a drop down list. This is annoying and not at all user-friendly.

- Bring back the 1 ticket per attack cost

- Keep hunter XP loss

- Keep 10 hit bounties

- Keep 10-100 stamina choice, with only 100 stams counting toward smasher medal, and 10 stamina per bounty award point

- Bring back the 10 hits-to-clear, regardless of if the hunter uses 10 or 100 stamina attacks

- Allow players to post their own bounties from ladder and normal PvP attacks

- Keep allowing conserve to activate in bounty attacks

- Bring back automated bounties..on a slightly smaller scale and find some middle ground, maybe apply it to normal PvP (gold theft) at the rate of say.. 1 bounty for every 400k gold stolen (?) and yes.. I'm aware this would mean you could be bountied twice for one attack

- Keep the ability to bounty the bounty hunter.. OR have bounty attacks count toward automated bounties (based upon gold stolen)

TluddMk.png

#10 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 16:44

Hoof out of all the people that apparently voted against the new system i find it fairly strange the differences in activity. about 3-4 active hitters per range lol. Opposed to 100 active hitters in titan and many more in leagues below...Strange world it is.

#11 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2015 - 17:19

Hoof out of all the people that apparently voted against the new system i find it fairly strange the differences in activity. about 3-4 active hitters per range lol. Opposed to 100 active hitters in titan and many more in leagues below...Strange world it is.

And have you noticed too that the PvP seasons had EPIC REWARDS and I say again EPIC and the ladder doesn't have ANY rewards until now ? Who will opt in to something currently worthless ?

clock96.gif

#12 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 17:22

And have you noticed too that the PvP seasons had EPIC REWARDS and I say again EPIC and the ladder doesn't have ANY rewards until now ? Who will opt in to something currently worthless ?

Thank you for proving my point. Revert was pointless :). Also don't you pvpers say "Scr*w the rewards true pvpers don't need one". Adding incentive to a already broken system won't fix it. Maybe one month of activity than it will be more dead than ever ;). Like i said just add a better reward and move on. Wasted too much time catering to such a minority. Seasons replacing ladder had true potential, a few more tweaks and it would of been perfected. Shame people whined and cried for next to no reason other than wanting to be able to essentially GvP. Maybe giving xp loss back woulda shut them up. IMO worse thing ever removing, dug your own grave their HCS.

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 August 2015 - 17:26.

#13 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:01

Thank you for proving my point. Revert was pointless :). Also don't you pvpers say "Scr*w the rewards true pvpers don't need one". Adding incentive to a already broken system won't fix it. Maybe one month of activity than it will be more dead than ever ;). Like i said just add a better reward and move on. Wasted too much time catering to such a minority. Seasons replacing ladder had true potential, a few more tweaks and it would of been perfected. Shame people whined and cried for next to no reason other than wanting to be able to essentially GvP. Maybe giving xp loss back woulda shut them up. IMO worse thing ever removing, dug your own grave their HCS.

Yeah PvPers don't play for rewards but when we saw the EPIC rewards in season then of these rewards were put to ladder it would have been way better, I am talking about levellers now, once levellers see EPIC rewars in the ladder they will be jumping on it, the reason you and people like you aren't participating in the ladder now is that you liked the new system cause it had no XP loss and you were attacking players 2000 levels below you but the current ladder has players nearly at your level and have the skill of PvP and there is XP loss, you are only afraid of this system that's why you want the new one let's be honest here ;)

Edited by clock96, 19 August 2015 - 18:03.

clock96.gif

#14 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:10

Yeah PvPers don't play for rewards but when we saw the EPIC rewards in season then of these rewards were put to ladder it would have been way better, I am talking about levellers now, once levellers see EPIC rewars in the ladder they will be jumping on it, the reason you and people like you aren't participating in the ladder now is that you liked the new system cause it had no XP loss and you were attacking players 2000 levels below you but the current ladder has players nearly at your level and have the skill of PvP and there is XP loss, you are only afraid of this system that's why you want the new one let's be honest here ;)

Don't put words in my mouth. I liked it better with xp loss. Removing it was idiotic. Afraid? No, i can just sit on there and get dominance for free LOL. You had to work to get stuff in the seasons. Hitting someone 2000 levels lower? Sure probably did. How about they stop complaining and level up. Its totally possible to get 1000+ levels in a year. Some peoples join dates are 3 4 5 even 8 years and they are still sub 1000. Thats because they don't take the game serious or want to be a lower level. They shouldn't reserve the right to complain about people hitting them 2000 levels higher if they are about the same joindate or even earlier lol.

Edited by EpicPiety, 19 August 2015 - 18:13.

#15 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:23

Don't put words in my mouth. I liked it better with xp loss. Removing it was idiotic. Afraid? No, i can just sit on there and get dominance for free LOL. You had to work to get stuff in the seasons. Hitting someone 2000 levels lower? Sure probably did. How about they stop complaining and level up. Its totally possible to get 1000+ levels in a year. Some peoples join dates are 3 4 5 even 8 years and they are still sub 1000. Thats because they don't take the game serious or want to be a lower level. They shouldn't reserve the right to complain about people hitting them 2000 levels higher if they are about the same joindate or even earlier lol.

Seriously ? Dominance for free ? Just join the ladder and I will see getting the dominance for you won't be that easy as you think just join and see yourself if you aren't afraid, and those who are playibg for around 8 years and are still sub 1000 (like me) that's because I loved PvPing and GvGing so I put every bit of my time, stam and fsps in them, so I ( and people like me) have the right to talk about PvP more than people who started PvPing with a golden spoon when they got to EOC and owning thousands of fsps

clock96.gif

#16 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:27

Seriously ? Dominance for free ? Just join the ladder and I will see getting the dominance for you won't be that easy as you think just join and see yourself if you aren't afraid, and those who are playibg for around 8 years and are still sub 1000 (like me) that's because I loved PvPing and GvGing so I put every bit of my time, stam and fsps in them, so I ( and people like me) have the right to talk about PvP more than people who started PvPing with a golden spoon when they got to EOC and owning thousands of fsps

Yes dominance was free my medal was all for afking on ladder lol. Take it away for all i care. Nothing wrong with having or spending fsps. What corruption has some of the community lead you down. I haven't used much stamina outside of 2x events leveling either...plenty of stam went to other things. 

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:28

Also not really you don't have anymore right to talk about pvp than anyone else. If so Titan CD wouldn't be a thing. Many things wouldn't be a thing.

#18 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:43

Great ideas here peeps! Keep going,get another thread locked :) why not?

#19 clock96

clock96

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:53

Yes dominance was free my medal was all for afking on ladder lol. Take it away for all i care. Nothing wrong with having or spending fsps. What corruption has some of the community lead you down. I haven't used much stamina outside of 2x events leveling either...plenty of stam went to other things.

Also not really you don't have anymore right to talk about pvp than anyone else. If so Titan CD wouldn't be a thing. Many things wouldn't be a thing.

can we get this back to PMs ? This thread was for improvements and ideas not for us to talk about our own personal views

Edited by clock96, 19 August 2015 - 18:53.

clock96.gif

#20 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:59

my thinks this thread needs to be looked at again...was full of great ideas..and is the only pvp thread that i can remember where levelers and pvper tried to come to a compromise..

https://forums.hunte...tem#entry890835

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: