Photo

Fallensword Profit Guide (New Player Edition)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:51

Hello future, current, and maybe even past Fallensword players

At the request of a fellow forumer i decided to make a guide on how to make FSPs (Fallensword Points). I will only be going over some of the less detailed ways to profit for the sake of the guide edition *New Player Edition*. Which also includes in depth explanation of gold upgrades and how they benefit you to do with potential profit margins.

Table of Contents

1.0 ... Gold Upgrades

1.1 ... Guild vs Guild (GvG)

1.2 ... Potion Making/Resource/Frag farming (Requires Backpack/Component/Auction House Slots)

1.21 ... Item Inventing (Requires Backpack/Component/Auction House Slots)

1.3 ... Titan hunting

1.31 ... Super Elite Hunting

1.32 ... Chest Hunting

1.4 ... PvP Arena

1.5 ... PvP Ladder

1.6 ... Leveling

1.7 ... Fallensword Shards

1.8 ... Merchanting (Auction House Slots Required)

1.81 ... Marketplace Flipping (Gold Flipping)

1.82 ... Special Item Hoarding (Requires Backpack Slots)

1.9 ... Low Investment Scavenging (Backpack/Component/Auction House Slots/Gold required)

2.0 ... Wrap up/UFSG (Ultimate Fallensword Guide)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.0 ... Gold Upgrades

Spoiler

1.1 ... Guild vs Guild (GvG) https://forums.hunte...res-version-09/

Spoiler

1.2 ... Potion Making/Resource/Frag farming

Spoiler

1.21 ... Item Inventing

Spoiler

1.3 ... Titan Hunting

Spoiler

1.31 ... Super Elite Hunting

Spoiler

1.32 ... Chest Hunting

Spoiler

1.4 ... PvP Arena

Spoiler

1.5 ... PvP Ladder

Spoiler

1.6 ... Leveling https://forums.hunte...ond-epic-gears/

Spoiler

1.7 ... Fallensword Shards

Spoiler

1.8 ... Merchanting

Spoiler

1.81 ... Marketplace Flipping (Gold Flipping)

Spoiler

1.82 ... Special Item Hoarding (Requires Backpack Slots)

Spoiler

1.9 ... Low Investment Scavenging (Backpack/Component/Gold Required)

Spoiler

2.0 ... Wrap Up/UFSG (Ultimate Fallensword Guide)

Spoiler

*Under Construction*

*** Will be easier to read/comprehend when it's finished.

Edited by EpicPiety, 10 February 2016 - 23:59.

#2 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 18:31

Me likes. Looking forward to some of the under construction stuff. :)

Only suggestion so far is under leveling. Method to reduce gold on hand includes selling and depositing but I would add the daily max Stam gold upgrade (see 1.0). You can do this 25k gold at a time to minimize gold on hand.

#3 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 18:38

Me likes. Looking forward to some of the under construction stuff. :)

Only suggestion so far is under leveling. Method to reduce gold on hand includes selling and depositing but I would add the daily max Stam gold upgrade (see 1.0). You can do this 25k gold at a time to minimize gold on hand.

Was exactly my thinking ;). Everything is sort of in "rough draft" mode haha. Good idea

#4 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 00:12

I liked this thread which is often odd in my case. I've got my scruples, lol. 

I've skimmed it and hope to provide some "helpful" suggestions to EP's sections for his consideration. Unfortunately (?) this is RL dependent. 

Rather than doing the typical Egami-diatribe that makes everybody seasick... I'll try to take everything in order as I have time and add "suggestions" if I think they are "constructive". Everything here is up to EP's consideration in my book... hands down. 

#5 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 00:16

I really like 2.0... I play the same way. As an addition, I would add Mowglick's Maps: http://games.jmle.net/fs.htm

I use it all the time and think it is really helpful for new players (and "old" like me) to see the general layout and how to get around. That is something UFSG is definitely lacking.

#6 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 00:34

@1.0.... Good, but rough draft. I'd proffer forth the following:

Not really to be used "before all else". Depends on options. I know this is in beginning stages.

I think the general idea is good, but it drifts off-topic. 

In order of priority that you should focus on upgrading should be Max Stam/Stamina Gain>Backpack>AH>Components>Deposits. It would advantageous to set a personal goal of 10k max stam before spending too much money on the other upgrades. Another cheap alternative to gold upgrades which also should be upgraded as soon as possible are the start/champion packs. They offer many different upgrades at a cheapened cost.

All that could simply be deleted. I think the key in this section is making clear that the gold upgrades COULD be a cheaper alternative and, depending on MP, should probably be taken advantage of prior to using the the FSP upgrades. 

#7 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 00:39

@1.1... definitely can be a huge-profit maker for minimal stam. Not easy, but not hard either. 

Maybe throw in the link to top GvG guilds? http://www.fallenswo...cmd=guildladder

There will be work involved... checking them to see who pays and what have you. Or watching the boxes. 

#8 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 00:42

@1.2... I think these should all be in their separate categories. 

#9 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 00:50

@1.6 (yeah, I skipped some simply because some are under construction or I didn't have anything that I considered to be a valuable suggestion): Here, I don't know... do we "explain" it a bit more? Links to MP, blah, blah? I just have doubts but over-explanation is probably not so great anyway.

#10 Egami

Egami

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 00:53

Done going through tonight. I hope the FS Community gets involved on giving input. Apologies for what "might" look like spam. I just wanted to keep suggestions separate and wasn't sure how far I'd get. 

Great idea... again... all you old-fogies out there... please offer your vast experience! (o0

Edit... just added "please" to the last line, hehe.

Edited by Egami, 08 February 2016 - 01:41.

#11 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:04

Appreciate the feedback. It's sort of still in rough draft mode... I'd like to have it 100% complete and looking easy to read and beautiful before the steam release.

#12 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:04

Thanks for putting the time into this guide.

A few comments/suggestions

Levelling: probably worth mentioning sacrifice as the counter to merchant/TH

FS shards: probably worth a warning that what is available is highly dependent on where you live, and this gives very little in some parts of the world

low investment scavenging: does this really require backpack/compnent/gold? I took this to include fragment hunting, and if you find a buyer before you start, you can sell fragments with virtually no resources (just keep sending items to your buyer).

#13 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:11

Thanks for putting the time into this guide.

A few comments/suggestions

Levelling: probably worth mentioning sacrifice as the counter to merchant/TH

FS shards: probably worth a warning that what is available is highly dependent on where you live, and this gives very little in some parts of the world

low investment scavenging: does this really require backpack/compnent/gold? I took this to include fragment hunting, and if you find a buyer before you start, you can sell fragments with virtually no resources (just keep sending items to your buyer).

Left sacrifice out purposely because this is a guide on profiting...Guess i can mention NOT to run it :). FS Shards are dependent on location true... Will squeeze that in somehow. Low investment scavenging yea it will cost BP/Component... Wouldn't be too profitable just to sell the items your going to need to invent potions and list the potions in your AH... Thanks for the input appreciate it really helps me! Like i said i'd like to complete this within a week or two. Was busy with superbowl things today so was busy all day and couldn't add anything :(.

Edited by EpicPiety, 08 February 2016 - 07:11.

#14 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 15:26

excellent start to something very useful for all players..keep up the good work...really like what i see so far... 

#15 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 February 2016 - 16:23

Added to the Guides page under General.

#16 Ainz

Ainz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 16:51

Avatar making, custom theme making..I made like more than hundred point making avatars and theme...but well, you need skill and at least some experiences for this...not so efficient I guess.lol

Edited by Ainz, 08 February 2016 - 16:52.

#17 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 18:00

Avatar making, custom theme making..I made like more than hundred point making avatars and theme...but well, you need skill and at least some experiences for this...not so efficient I guess.lol

While that is a good idea...It's not really part of "Game Mechanics". It would only appeal to a very limited amount of players.

#18 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 18:18

Added to the Guides page under General.

A good profit method for newer players is FS Shards and lately over the past year there has been a severe lack of videos and doable offers...Anyway you can contact the company asking why? There are NEVER videos... It's also not just me it's people from all parts of europe, all parts of US, and asia.

#19 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 18:44

sacrifice ...Guess i can mention NOT to run it :).

Exactly :) if they need to learn to use TH, they probably need to learn not to use sacrifice - and it does come in some of the GE potions.

Low investment scavenging yea it will cost BP/Component...

It might be my use of words. I was thinking of "scavenging" rather than "Scavenging" (i.e. gathering anything, rather than specifically in the caves) which then includes gathering items for someone else to use. If you have a regular buyer for fragmenting, you can send them items as you hunt and they pay you later---so you end up using their back pack space and don't *need* your own. There also used to be a lot of the same thing with farming for potion-merchants , but maybe the economy doesn't support both farmers and potion makers now.

#20 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 18:52

A good profit method for newer players is FS Shards and lately over the past year there has been a severe lack of videos and doable offers...Anyway you can contact the company asking why? There are NEVER videos... It's also not just me it's people from all parts of europe, all parts of US, and asia.

They more or less died out for me (UK) during the last couple of days of the first triple-shards event. Never more than a trickle ever since. Not even the usual surge around world sporting evens like the rugby and cricket world cups.

I realise this is all about advertisers seeing FS as a good market (more precisely about Matomy etc. convincing advertisers that FS is a good market). Maybe there will be a chance to push this again once the app comes out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: