BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 March 2017 - 15:10

Hi there everyone.

The Gargantuan Mosquito were once normal little irritants. How ever this has been a long, hot, damp summer and the humid temperatures have seen the Mosquito population explode. As if this were not bad enough, Mages across the Realms have reported rogue magic concentrations that have allowed the Mosquitos to grow to monstrous size.

Now these beasts are buzzing around and draining people and livestock of their blood. Any unlucky survivors find themselves struck with a magical fever which spreads to other living beings, weakening them, making them easy prey!

The Warriors of the Realms must gather together to rid the Communities of these horrifying vermin!

Gargantuan Mosquito (Level 25)

2486ff4db7706982f7b559ad132649e2ca62.jpg

Counts as 1 kill.

Envenomed Mosquito (Level 25)

4356a2c349dc9bb46fdc9ccdba99581227c5.jpg

Counts as 5 kills.

The latest Global Event in Fallen Sword is now underway! In the Event, the Community must work together to destroy the Gargantuan Mosquito plaguing the realms.

Each player must earn a personal target for increasingly powerful chests (mouse over the event info on the World page for more details) while also helping the Community to attain the best total kills possible, unlocking the rewards for all.

The Global Event shall be live until 15:30 (Server Time) on the 22nd of March 2017.

For each tier that the community completes the reward will be as follows:

Bronze: 1 x Jigsaw Box
Silver: 1 x Rusted Iron Box
Gold: 1 x Decorated Lock Box
Crystal: 2 x Crystalline Box
Ruby: 3 x Cut Ruby Box

If you qualified, the reward(s) will be delivered to your mailbox shortly after the event ends. Note that you get the reward for the tier that you have qualified for, for example if the community unlocks Gold, but you qualify for Silver, you will receive 1 x Rusted Iron Box. You don't receive the rewards from lower tiers, only the tier you have qualified for.

If at the end of the event, you are placed within the top 100 contributors, you will receive 2 additional Cut Ruby Box in addition to any reward you are qualified for.

Finally, the top 3 contributors will get the chance to design a new Legendary Creature to be added to the game!

There is a helpful forum post RIGHT HERE full of information on Global hunting grounds and so on compiled from the Community by Egami.

Good luck everyone!

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#2 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 15:12

just fantastic! i was almost done leveling :P

#3 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 15:18

Is the Envenomed Mosquito a x5 kill creature? It doesn't say.

But thanks regardless for the global. I wanted this one. No cut ruby boxes left. :D

Edit - I assume not as it's not posted as such but I figured I'd ask for clarification as BG is occasionally forgetful. :P

Edited by Josh1404, 17 March 2017 - 15:24.

#4 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 15:18

cheers grim was running low on am500

cheers grim was running low on am500

#5 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 March 2017 - 15:31

Is the Envenomed Mosquito a x5 kill creature? It doesn't say.

It is, yes. Didn't have to post that every time in the past so not all of my templates had that note. They do now.

~ Grim

#6 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 16:11

It is, yes. Didn't have to post that every time in the past so not all of my templates had that note. They do now.

~ Grim

Ah sweet. Thanks for the clarification.

Always useful to post it even if most people remember. For newer folks or people like me with a memory like a sieve. :P

#7 cucullainn

cucullainn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 19:06

Ah sweet. Thanks for the clarification.

Always useful to post it even if most people remember. For newer folks or people like me with a memory like a sieve. :P

let me guess. You didn't try smacking one of each. To see if there was a difference? Then you could have posted it to let everybody know :P

#8 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 20:05

let me guess. You didn't try smacking one of each. To see if there was a difference? Then you could have posted it to let everybody know :P

I'm not buffed. That's an inefficient use of 2 stamina. What an awful waste. :P

#9 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 17 March 2017 - 20:34

I was just perusing the top 100 list.  What I liked seeing was that there were a whole bunch of names I didn't recognize :D   Nice to know that there are new folk swatting 'skeeters out there!!

#10 kitobas

kitobas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:33

I was just perusing the top 100 list.  What I liked seeing was that there were a whole bunch of names I didn't recognize :D   Nice to know that there are new folk swatting 'skeeters out there!!

that good to seeing

#11 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:24

Holy moley! You guys are MURDERING this event!

Progress: 28,780,085 / 25,000,000

Time Remaining: 2 days, 3 hours

That's impressive! Let's see how high we can go!

~ Grim

#12 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 14:48

Holy moley! You guys are MURDERING this event!

Progress: 28,780,085 / 25,000,000

Time Remaining: 2 days, 3 hours

~ Grim

I would guess somewhere around 40 million kills. Not a bad effort. GG guys. :D

#13 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 20 March 2017 - 16:31

<snip>

~ Grim

I bet it could be higher, if the lag wasn't so damned annoying (but that might just be me?).

I am messing around with 7sec per page load, and I am sorta betting it has to do with the jumping around servers - each page refresh results in me getting bumped to a different server. Never experienced this behavior in.. well.. ever tbh. Also seems like a very unlikely way to build a setup ...

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#14 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 March 2017 - 16:38

Hey Kit.

No issues with the servers I can see though Cloudflare are showing re-routing in Quito, Ecuador, Philadelphia, United States and Stockholm, Sweden.

~ Grim

#15 KitiaraLi

KitiaraLi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Denmark

Posted 20 March 2017 - 17:16

Hmrf. So.. no kick with the boot to the server? I am just saying, that sometimes this fancy technology needs to know its place :-P Or maybe.. kick someone at cloudfare... in the face mayhaps? :ph34r:

No one can deny that we changed this game and influenced it in such a way that NO ONE could compete with us.. so much so that they changed the rules. ~Abhorrence, chosen founder of Cerulean Sins

#16 RED

RED

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 23:06

That ruby Overkill is incentive enough...One of the best chests.  red

#17 TxLxS

TxLxS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 23:21

I love these chest the buffs are extremely beneficial in all aspects they can be used :)

#18 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 14:32

Gonna hit 50,000,000 kills very soon. Impressive turn out. Shame there is no tier above ruby. :P

Well done all. :)

#19 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,814 posts
  • Badge

Posted 22 March 2017 - 15:39

Hi there everyone!

Congrats to the Fallen Sword community for unlocking the Ruby Tier in the Global Event! Once again the community worked together as a team to achieve this!

If you qualified during the event, your reward is now awaiting collection in your character mailbox :)

We hope you all enjoyed the event!

Additional congratulations go to Groosalugg, bilops and JKlundt who came 1st, 2nd and 3rd respectively and as such have the chance to design a new Legendary Creature and set each to be added to the game!

Note: You can see the 'Top 100 Global Quest Contributors' for this event by clicking here.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#20 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 15:46

thanks for the extra chests! =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font: