57 replies to this topic

#41 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 16:07

well looking at the decay set as a whole u can get a good-perfect set wtiha FF rune for about 110FSP max. the rune is now only selling for 95-100 fsp perfect FF and it does help alot i mean it lasts from lvl 90 to lvl 168 when a cheap 75K rune u can buy from a shop beats it lol
ill be using my rune till then and with proper buffs and a good setup and good guild u can 1 hit alot from 140-160. :lol:

The point is, however, that why to pay additional 80 fsps for just additional 50 damage points? Is it really impossible to get these additional 50 damage points from other combinations of items ? If you look at other items for gold that follow you all the way, you found out that those are worse by just several stats points than the "popular" set items, but their cost is so low that you can even drop and destroy them later... People are levelling up fast even without these popular items...

#42 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 18:04

80fsps for an extra 50 damage I think is worth it, I would love an extra 50damage now and would have loved it then :)

#43 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 18:59

80fsps for an extra 50 damage I think is worth it, I would love an extra 50damage now and would have loved it then :)

Ok I can say it in other words, would you like to spend 80 fsps to raise your overall damage ability by only 3% to 5%, considering that you already have all kind of enhancements (like Piercing Strike) and all kind of buffs (and also level points)... The significance of these 3-5% is really and really doubtful... It's possible to get through these levels even without magic popular sets, but if you have all these sets but do not have that rune it doesn't seem any disadvantage... The price is ridiculous in comparison with the Darklore rune... so either the Darklore rune is underrated or the Decay rune is overrated... the difference between these two runes is not that big as the price...

#44 fs_godzwrath

fs_godzwrath
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 01:38

when you hit level 148, you'll wish you had the extra 50 damage :P

#45 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:41

when you hit level 148, you'll wish you had the extra 50 damage :P

Is it really so close on those levels? :roll: I mean it seems doubtful that with 1420 damage you are flourishing, but with 1370 damage your life is miserable and pathetic... :cry: .. perhaps picking right creatures and using Animal Magnetism might help?

#46 EJames2100

EJames2100

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:04

No they are still rock hard on that lvl :wink:

#47 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:33

No they are still rock hard on that lvl :wink:

That sounds intriguing.... :? :) Ok, I will be there in three weeks :P

#48 fs_godzwrath

fs_godzwrath
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2008 - 20:11

well, yeah it is kinda hard. with the best damage setup all ff and exc/perfect, i couldnt 1 hit 98% of the time :( . Maybe 90% because my stats r not reset. But its still a close fit and 50 damage makes a world of difference.

#49 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 18:23

You know, there are much more valueable items than the Decay rune... for instance:

Reborn Frost Amulet, Reborn Cerberus Ring, Cobweb Sickle, and Pumpkin Helm...

These items can be good for you for the rest of this game (if your guild doesn't have Fury Shrine of 5th level) due to Fury Caster enhancement... You can use them in one of your combat sets just for buffing ... The next item with this enhancement is available only on 239 lvl...

Having Fury Caster you can start to sell buffs even before you reach decent levels, that can help you earn more gold from your every day stamina... You might be able to buy the Decay rune more easily :lol: ... If you look at prices:

Cobweb Sickle and Pumpkin Helm are already expensive ~50 fsps each
Reborn Cerberus Ring is rarely offered at all, but when it is ~100 fsps
Reborn Frost Amulet is not expensive, and I was able to buy Excellent+ 3f for 11 fsps... but probably players with 100+ lvl have this enhancement in their guilds...

Anyway, Fury Caster is a rare enhancement if you don't count on guild structures and there are only 4 items before 239lvl that can give you that... These items can be useful on any levels, so there are no motivation to sell them at all... :wink: so they are underrated.......... :lol:

#50 fs_cutupforce

fs_cutupforce
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2008 - 23:24

Wearing a decay rune is like rocking a shiny chain yo. It's the bling-bling that's the hottest trend! Don't knock it yo!

lmao, anyway, I agree. this decay rune is overpriced, i sold mine a few weeks ago for 95 or 97 fsp, i forget ;)

#51 fs_me94555221

fs_me94555221
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:35

the extra 50 damage is essential at level 148-149. i was regretting that i took off bloodthirst because half the time, i didn't kill the monsters by some 20 hp, and i was using baron+mancrusha+decay rune+lesser santork claws.

#52 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:01

the extra 50 damage is essential at level 148-149. i was regretting that i took off bloodthirst because half the time, i didn't kill the monsters by some 20 hp, and i was using baron+mancrusha+decay rune+lesser santork claws.

There are many creatures that can't be killed with one hit... the solution is to kill other creatures and use Animal Magnetism... I've already skipped some creatures and my leveling up has never slowed down because of that... Buying Baron set and Decay rune for those ridiculous prices is just stupid... Of course, if somebody has got those items from their guilds or by cheap prices it is ok... but buying in the auction house... hmmm... better invest into guild structures, that will work for you longer... :roll:

#53 fs_godzwrath

fs_godzwrath
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2008 - 15:12

Well if you can't get most of the items neccessary for level 140 like the forging of drake armor and such, then i hope you have fun 2-hitting from lvl 140 and upwards.

#54 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 17:20

Well if you can't get most of the items neccessary for level 140 like the forging of drake armor and such, then i hope you have fun 2-hitting from lvl 140 and upwards.

You know that all kind of limitations promote thinking... :wink: ... I am sure that there are many rich players that can and like to buy decent combat sets... probably they enjoy how their stuff look and that they don't need to go into details of the stats of creatures and what buffs and levels to use to make usage of stamina more efficient ... but I am sure that this easy-rich approach does not make them any skillful in hunting... it's quite possible that stamina they win from 1-hitting will be wasted on walking, I don't see any amazing leveling up among players that possess the Decay rune, and also quite unlikely they develop any skills in preparing for hunting: amount of stamina to start, levels of buffs, proper buffs, areas, creatures and their stats... Buying all the best for ridiculous prices and hitting all creatures without thinking ... I hope that is a lot of fun and people enjoy it much ... :? ...

#55 fs_godzwrath

fs_godzwrath
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:29

30 damage is pretty much the line between 1 hitting and 2 hitting on certain monsters in the 140-168 range. such as emerald tree vipers.

#56 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:36

u know wat really pisses me off without decay rune? dark trees

Dark Trees? :wink: First, You don't need a decay rune to defeat Dark Tree in 1 hit... you need increase your attack, not damage... :P ... That what I was talking about, people that can allow themselves to buy anything in this game, do not even look at stats of creatures... If they can't beat a creature with high defense they continue to increase damage .... :roll:

I beat Dark Trees very very easily in one hit when add Balakar ring and my attack and damage both slightly over 1000 ... I don't have the Decay rune and my Darklore rune is Average and not forged...

#57 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:27

30 damage is pretty much the line between 1 hitting and 2 hitting on certain monsters in the 140-168 range. such as emerald tree vipers.

Yeah? Where is this line when people buy a Decay rune for 100 fsps and do not forge any other items that give additional damage? Besides, it's a question of going through these levels in 2 or 3 maybe 4 weeks... When I look that people reach 170 lvl in ~5 months having all these Decay rune and Baron set, I really doubt that these items worth anything... :P ... I remember the times when Manchester United didn't win anything for 20 years and still it was the most popular and richest club in the world, people "chose" Manchester United not because it was better quality over Liverpool that won many titles year after year, but because MU resembled brands like Coca-Cola, Marlboro cigarettes or Nescafé ... It is quite rational for consumers to make choices based on brand image, even if they pay higher prices for the same product. First, choosing a brand name is generally simpler than choosing from a range of similar products in a world where it is costly to acquire information. If consumers had adequate information, they might choose to buy a better-value brand of coffee each week, or choose to see a different football match.... or choose other items over Decay rune and Baron set... :P

#58 fs_godzwrath

fs_godzwrath
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2008 - 23:06

u see, you have to forge AND have the rune at that level and have ur lvlup pts in damage to always 1 hit:p. i only 1 hit 90% of the time cuz my lvlup pts werent reset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: