• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

#1 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 17:28

I think that PvP has become a complete joke due to EOC players + many others deciding to drop levels, so they can regain them in an effort to benefit guild contributed exp. It makes the smasher system a complete joke, and is a exploited loophole that the game would be best without imo. I suggest that guild contributed exp be locked at highest attained VL to put a stop to it. I don't know how HCS can go about coding this, but please lets stop the bleeding. I'm sure this ideal will be widely contested, but something needs to give.

#2 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 17:41

I know what you are saying but I think the issue now is that the contributed guild XP is currently locked. When a player drops levels, their contributed guild XP does not drop with them so when they regain those levels they are basically getting double, triple, etc contributed guild XP for the same set of levels. If their contributed XP dropped along with their level then they would only be replacing the lost XP as they regained their levels which would defeat the purpose. I'm with you in that I don't know how to re-code things now but that's how I see it.

Screenshot everything!

#3 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 18:13

I completely agree with finding a way to stop this. The medal is a mockery now along with most of the others, and we now have artificially inflated Guild XP contributions as well. When does the pathetic attempts of these people become to much?

#4 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 18:21

Perhaps giving contributed exp a ceiling pending the highest level gained is the easiest solution...so one player level 1k who spent entire time playing in same guild would have max contributed exp figure of lets say 1 billion (just example) - not sure what the actual numbers are..but whatever they are should be ceiling per level range. I've been able to contribute while PvPing for last couple years - never have I lost levels intentionally.. I'll give it all back to fix this Plague (pun) on FS

#5 hbklives

hbklives

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 02 October 2012 - 18:46

Even if this was fixed, people would just go another route by deleveling themselves with SE's. It's what they did before the Smasher medal came out anyway.

tumblr_ohmmkinSKX1siy7m0o1_540.png

#6 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 18:58

by doing it by way of SE's I think was a bit slower due to they had to find the SE which is I think slower then being posted on BB now that each, every hit can be now posted. so now that each/ every pvp attack can be posted made it way too easy to get players self de-lvl'ed just so guild can gain more from it in XP/ lvl's made the entire PvP aspect of the game a joke.

this isn't really just all EOC players issue, there are others that are not even remotely close to EOC doing same thing. think the reason EOC are being brought up are due to lack of FS game content.

#7 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 18:58

Even if this was fixed, people would just go another route by deleveling themselves with SE's. It's what they did before the Smasher medal came out anyway.

I have no problem with people delvling themselves, I have a problem with people ALWAYS exploiting game mechanics. The fix suggested will stop people from contributing any additional xp unless they go beyond their highest achieved level and will make your statement moot.

#8 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2012 - 19:21

I know what you are saying but I think the issue now is that the contributed guild XP is currently locked. When a player drops levels, their contributed guild XP does not drop with them so when they regain those levels they are basically getting double, triple, etc contributed guild XP for the same set of levels. If their contributed XP dropped along with their level then they would only be replacing the lost XP as they regained their levels which would defeat the purpose. I'm with you in that I don't know how to re-code things now but that's how I see it.

GXP linked to VL would be ideal and solve the issue. BIG + 1 from me on that.

I agree, smasher is a joke now, players having ally guilds or friends gain a medal risk free of being counter bountied, while helping them lose levels on purpose for more gxp. It's hilarious being hit, and asked to post someone and have my guild mates strip their levels so they can get more guild xp. LOL.

Lately the bounty board is full of nothing but players purposely being posted, not players who actually went out and HIT someone for prestige, or for gold and were posted. PvP is dwindling, and this whole Gain GXP is making a mockery of what we have left.

#9 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2012 - 19:24

I have no problem with people delvling themselves, I have a problem with people ALWAYS exploiting game mechanics. The fix suggested will stop people from contributing any additional xp unless they go beyond their highest achieved level and will make your statement moot.

+1

#10 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 19:39

3 years ago, HCS decided deleveling/releveling was just fine: http://forum.sigmast... ... 4&start=40

This is not a new concept here either. People have deleveled/releveled large amounts of levels before. The lack of content makes people want to do it more, and the smasher medal makes people more likely to help.

#11 4gottn4ver

4gottn4ver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 19:46

the problem with that is the player self de-lvl'ing themself can reset their VL to their lvl by way of upgrades section. so maybe something like another ' lvl ' thing added onto a players bio that list what was their highest lvl reach no matter if player has dropped lvl's an reset or not. an from there maybe the XP the player gains does not go into the guild they are part of until they reach the highest lvl they achieved in FS game which can not be changed. that way the guild does not gain anymore XP from a player self de-lvl'ing themself until this other ' locked in ' lvl is reached from same player.

for example what I mean on this:

my lvl/ VL is 480 atm, so this ' locked in ' lvl would be that no matter how many lvl's I were to lose an can NOT be changed even if I were to reset my VL to my lvl. so lets say like alot of others I lose like 200-300 some lvl's an then reset my VL to my lvl. an to gain more guild XP I would need to hunt I would be the one that would gain XP not the guild I belong to until I reached the ' locked in ' highest reached lvl. once I reached that lvl then the XP I would gain from hunting would go towards the guild I belonged to. this highest reached lvl of a player could not be changed/ reset by any means, it would only go up as the player gains lvl's after it was reached. that would I think solve the ' loophole ' effect, not sure how hard it would be for staff/ coders to work in but is a possible idea.

#12 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2012 - 19:58

3 years ago, HCS decided deleveling/releveling was just fine: http://forum.sigmast... ... 4&start=40

This is not a new concept here either. People have deleveled/releveled large amounts of levels before. The lack of content makes people want to do it more, and the smasher medal makes people more likely to help.

Alot of things change in 3 years time ;)

#13 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 20:10

Alot of things change in 3 years time ;)

Yes they do. But it is the most recent HCS input on the matter, which means it's not an exploit (or if you deem it an exploit, it is an HCS approved exploit) unless HCS publicly changes their mind.

And again, none of this behavior is new to FS. It has all been done before.

#14 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 20:12

This isn't SS2, this is FS and we all know what happened to SS2.

#15 grimnok

grimnok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 20:13

Somehow, I don't think the top 2 factions releveling vs each other was a significant factor in its demise.

#16 fs_scrogger

fs_scrogger
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2012 - 20:23

Somehow, I don't think the top 2 factions releveling vs each other was a significant factor in its demise.

So you see nothing wrong with people gaining smasher medals with no consequences? You see nothing wrong with guilds having false xp contributions as well? Im guessing this is why you saw nothing wrong with trading hits to gain your dominance medal either. Collusion is not allowed as we saw with the GvG update disallowing trading. Players that act and play in a manner that exploits the game can't really debate about what is good for the game.

#17 Chazz224

Chazz224

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 20:57

There is a very easy and simple solution to put an end to all of this exploitation.

Change it so that if any player loses levels that upon those same levels being regained that the XP doesn't go to the guild.

#18 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 October 2012 - 22:35

Folks are still spending 100 stamina 'hits' to gain smasher medal .. We (term 'we' used loosely) have found a way to have fun at EOC and contribute to others folks spending stamina and having fun while creating more competition amongst the upper level guilds, while waiting for content and using the potions from the Global Events for a positive purpose .. i don't forsee HCS revamping the VL system to prevent people gaining extra GXP... just my 1.5 cents

added .. to avoid collusion with having certian folks do all the clearing and only them getting smasher medals .. advertizing has become the norm to avoid such 'collusion'...

#19 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 02 October 2012 - 23:21

Folks are still spending 100 stamina 'hits' to gain smasher medal .. We (term 'we' used loosely) have found a way to have fun at EOC and contribute to others folks spending stamina and having fun while creating more competition amongst the upper level guilds, while waiting for content and using the potions from the Global Events for a positive purpose .. i don't forsee HCS revamping the VL system to prevent people gaining extra GXP... just my 1.5 cents

added .. to avoid collusion with having certian folks do all the clearing and only them getting smasher medals .. advertizing has become the norm to avoid such 'collusion'...

Losing levels by stripping gear, and then taking others levels by hitting them naked, is fun? Sounds like a risk free smasher medal to me Oo *shrugs* whatever floats your boat.

Personally I'd like to see it changed(as per the suggestion here) make the smasher mean something. Those who earned it ( before all this free naked hit shinanigans) actually risked being bountied, stomped for guildmates, or smashed on the ladder. Now it's just a wash

Reduce the *regained* guild xp contribution from 25% xp per critter ( as it currently is i believe) to 6.25% per critter towards GXP ( 1/4 of the previous guild xp) Thoughts?

#20 UrcK

UrcK

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 October 2012 - 23:31

I will go with whatever Hoof/Team says .. but i dont forsee a game mechanic as sound as VL being revamped because some folks think you should have to defend yourself to make it as hard as possible for others to earn a medal that is based as a stam sink from the get ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: