• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kalagaraz

Kalagaraz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 13:36

So went to sleep and came back and found I had less than 1% rested exp, kind of disappointing. Most games will give you a full minor bar (10%) over an 8 hour period, with a max of 2 full minor bars (20%) of rested exp at least.

It will save the company money in the long run, as it is now, I have no reason to go to sleep and hence I'm going to use up all your bandwidth. If you increase the rested exp, i'll go to sleep and save you some money :P

#2 Kaendor

Kaendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Badge

Posted 08 December 2013 - 13:39

Yeah rested exp is pretty low, I usually dont even leave my character insede an in before logging out, because the rested exp is so minimal that I dont care for it really.

It really needs a buff.

SquirrelSig_zps7b59b79d.png

#3 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 13:54

Anyway to answer your question; the rested exp is kind of meant for players that don't have very long to play Eldevin, players that are going to be away or players that can't come online for a week or two.

You can still log out after everyday you play the game in a rested area, but as you've found you only gain a small amount.

It's basically meant for players who are going to be away, or are very casual. It's not meant as a "daily booster".

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#4 Kalagaraz

Kalagaraz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 14:09

It's basically meant for players who are going to be away, or are very casual. It's not meant as a "daily booster".

Acctually for most games, it's so casual players won't get so far behind. EVERY game I've played with rested exp has given at least 10% over an 8 hour period (typical sleep).

#5 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2013 - 14:13

Acctually for most games, it's so casual players won't get so far behind. EVERY game I've played with rested exp has given at least 10% over an 8 hour period (typical sleep).

I was talking about Eldevin and what the rested exp is primarily for, not other games. :)

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#6 Kalagaraz

Kalagaraz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 14:38

I was talking about Eldevin and what the rested exp is primarily for, not other games. :)

Well as it now, it's completely useless. The time I spend running to an inn, I could just kill 3 more mobs and gain just as much exp as rested would have gave me.

And the argument it's for people that go away on "Vacation" etc... doesn't make sense. Why would I pay for a month of supporter just to get rested exp while I'm on vacation? I could just buy exp pots instead when I get back...

Edited by Kalagaraz, 08 December 2013 - 14:40.

#7 Cyclonite

Cyclonite

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:02

The current rested exp rate is definitely very low, so low that it should be given to everyone. I feel if you are going to advertise "Rested Experience" as a perk to purchasing supporter then it should be made worth while. For me personally "Rested Experience" is what pushed me over the fence to purchase supporter but now after finding out how low the experience rate really is I feel a little bitter about my purchase. I'd really like to see this game grow and suceed but I don't think this is the best way. I think they should either increase the experience rate to be more inline with other games, give rested exp for everyone, or be up front about the low experience rate when you go to purchase.

#8 Elnestor

Elnestor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Badge
  • Austria

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:30

Even adventurers need to sleep. Imho it's ok if there isn't such a high boost for only 8 hours.

But if you have to stay off for 1 - 2 days it's nice to get that kick :)

~ Be a friendly Founder. Help Newcomers. ~

Char 1: Kyrion - Ranger - lvl 49

Crystal- 49: Farming- 49 : Fishing- 49 : Foraging- 49 : Forestry- 49 : Prospect- 49 : Skinning- 49 

Alchemy- 49 : Armor- 49 : Cooking- 49 : Jewelry- 49 : Leather- 49 : Tailoring- 49 : Weapons- 49

Char 2: Elnestor - Templar - lvl 49   **** Char 3: Sarakh - Mage - lvl 49 **** Char 4: Razvan - Assassin - lvl 49

Char 5: LordRahl - Warrior - lvl 49  **** Char 6: Hezekiel - Prophet - lvl 49 **** Char 7: Durendal - Ranger - lvl 49

#9 Kalagaraz

Kalagaraz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 14:01

Even adventurers need to sleep. Imho it's ok if there isn't such a high boost for only 8 hours.

But if you have to stay off for 1 - 2 days it's nice to get that kick :)

2% isn't much of a Kick, that's about 5 minutes saved...

#10 Booshy

Booshy

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 15:26

I don't really care one way or another since I like slow leveling - but having said that I will say this is the slowest rested xp gain I've seen in an mmo.  Doesn't even seem worth going out of your way to get in a rested xp area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: