RJEM's Content

There have been 6 items by RJEM (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#835617 Excessive activation of Deflect during bounties

Posted by RJEM on 29 December 2013 - 20:57 in General Discussion

Bear in mind that streaks occur both ways - and check your logs for a streak of 8 kills in a row which is also quite unlikely.

HCS uses an imperfect PRNG - but it is not biased for or against the player. All my tests across all the aspects of the game that rely on it suggests the macroscopic values (hit %, variance etc.) are reproduced well, just with some  additional streakiness that is not necessarily true. Over many bounties your ratio will be 43.75% Deflect activation as it should be. Some bounties may be tougher (i.e. unluckier) than others and I understand the frustration.

Honestly - I ask you to look at your logs over an extended period (say 100 or 200 attacks) and post up your log if you actually get deflected more than 30% of the time when using anti-deflect. I've asked this before when people question my investigation and noone has yet posted any evidence outside of the odd single bounty which went badly.

Anecdotes like this (and by the way, 8 in a row is not bad luck for the BB) do not show anything is amiss.

#787216 The Blood Weaver - L1600 Super Elite

Posted by RJEM on 27 April 2013 - 15:21 in General Discussion

I've always understood CA not to function in group attacks because the 'sacrifice' of extra stamina for extra stats was not made. If, and I stress that's a big if, you were to allow CA to function for players in a group then I would suggest a 2nd tier of group would need to be created.

For argument's sake, a "CA-enabled Group" would cost 5 stamina to create, 10 to join, and CA would only function on players who had it actually cast on them - so mercs can't be boosted by 43.75% for free.

In fairness to Pard and others these situations are pretty rare, but pretty tough for those outside the larger guilds. Tough luck for us I guess - it's a game choice - but it's worth discussing.

#784731 Maintenance Completed!

Posted by RJEM on 15 April 2013 - 18:54 in General Discussion

Has the size of the Creature Info Box text been bumped up? It's taking up a lot of screen real estate right now - and a hard refresh doesn't change things much.

The merge seems to have gone pretty well.

#784726 The return of Quango Island!

Posted by RJEM on 15 April 2013 - 18:43 in General Discussion

I'm enjoying the quests once again - will get the Quangos off my book once and for all. I liked this one when it first came out and still think the concept was a good one.

#783922 Save FSH plea

Posted by RJEM on 06 April 2013 - 17:06 in General Discussion

I dont know if someone (else) is able/willing to work on it, and update it, but i feel we are losing something important.

is it like wiki, where anyone else can work on it?

I believe you can be added to the list of 'coders' on the team by one of those already on it - it's not open to all, but someone wanting to take it over code do so.

yuuzhan was very active a few months ago in porting the newer features over to the map window along with Tangtop.

I do think it is time for HCS to implement it themselves and make decisions on which aspects take things a bit too far outside what was intended!

#771493 Return to Xinderoth / Karthak etc

Posted by RJEM on 02 January 2013 - 18:24 in General Discussion

I would enjoy this - there are a huge number of old foes that would love a piece of the action once again. Plus the storylines through those areas are some of the better ones!

I'd love to see set progression (we've all seen ideas of gear that 'lives' with a player being proposed). This re-engagement with old areas would allow reworking of old sets into new, potentially useful ones - Xinderoth has never really been great afaik, but perhaps higher up it could fill a new niche.

Good thinking Grimwald.

[Just murmuring aloud, perhaps even teaming up with a player going through the lower level quests as you do yours would give benefits to both parties or something similar - even though the basic returning idea would be good on its own!]

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: