29 replies to this topic

#1 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:30

About six months from the last update, and day by day we are losing it.

Auction house, world map, guild manage, countless feature were implemented and become very important for a very large part of the community. Almost everyone i know used it sooner or later. At the point that when something didnt work you didnt know if it was FSH or the game.
It made our life easrier, i know it changed my game experience making it much better.

Simple, fast to learn and to use and most important friendly.

Just a few functions have been implemented in game, and now we are losing all the others.

No more footprints, enhanced text quick buffing now doesnt doesnt work for new buffs, we lost Combat logs, the first version of it, where you were able to check your combats and see what happened, studying your mistakes, it was important to learn the game. Default hunting buffs list in the new world map.

FSH is slowly dying, and everytime we lose a feature, enjoy game experience goes down.

Its like having a Ferrari, the you drive a BMW, and then you find yourself driving a Tata. yes, you can still go everywhere, but driving experience is different.

I dont know if someone is able/willing to work on it, and update it, but i feel we are losing something important.

Id like to see missing functions implemented in the game, maybe for the feature that require too much coding, someone in HCS could help to just fix FSH.

FSH has been for so many of us, our in game best friend, and it was a huge and very well done work:

-------------- dont let it die ----------------

dowuones
*signs*

#2 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:50

You have seen the updates to FS that have gotten rid of the FSH features because they are trying to make the game where no outside script is needed to play the game.

We are trying to implement as many FSH features as we can, but a HUGE amount of work has gone in to it and as such a huge amount of work would be required to integrate it all.

Our hope and the FSH teams hope is that one day there will no longer be a need for it, but until that day we're not going to ban the use of it.

#3 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2013 - 14:51

I dont like FSH. It makes people lazy. People start depending on a script, and refuse to do any mental work of their own.

-Signed against.

#4 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 06 April 2013 - 14:58

since Tangtop stopped leading the FSH team the script started falling into disrepair. The professionalism and dedication Tangtop gave to the script is sorely missed.

It's time for HCS to take over the reigns and implement as much as possible into the game code so there's no need to have a script in the first place.

#5 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 15:48

I dont like FSH. It makes people lazy. People start depending on a script, and refuse to do any mental work of their own.

-Signed against.

Sorry, but theres nothing about being lazy here.
Having a list of buff you planned in advance to use, its helping players to follow their strategy being sure there wont be mistakes.
Having a list of Guild Inventory items is a way to keep Guild Stores updated.
Having the possibility to fetch creature stats in UFGS is a way to double check what you are doing without having to load dozens of pages.
Using enhanced text to buff is a way to be sure of what you ask and what you give.
Saving combat logs is a way to double check what you did during your hunt, and be sure you wont do the same mistakes again.
All these, and i could go on with many others, are ways to know what you are doing, doing them in a more precise way.
There is absolutely nothing about being lazy.
(and if you dont have to spend hours loading and refreshing pages you have more time to spend on mental work and enjoy the game).

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 16:44

I dont know if someone (else) is able/willing to work on it, and update it, but i feel we are losing something important.

is it like wiki, where anyone else can work on it?

#7 RJEM

RJEM

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 17:06

I dont know if someone (else) is able/willing to work on it, and update it, but i feel we are losing something important.

is it like wiki, where anyone else can work on it?

I believe you can be added to the list of 'coders' on the team by one of those already on it - it's not open to all, but someone wanting to take it over code do so.

yuuzhan was very active a few months ago in porting the newer features over to the map window along with Tangtop.

I do think it is time for HCS to implement it themselves and make decisions on which aspects take things a bit too far outside what was intended!

#8 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2013 - 17:28

I agree it would be ideal to have many of the FSH features implemented in the game and it's something we can look at after the Hunted Cow account merge and Composing are implemented :)

#9 Versair

Versair

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 17:37

I agree it would be ideal to have many of the FSH features implemented in the game and it's something we can look at after the Hunted Cow account merge and Composing are implemented :)

Well after the Hunted Cow account merge and Composing are implemented AND Gold Upgrades resetting at 00:00 server time. :mrgreen: (oh I didn't forget).

#10 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 18:15

*crosses fingers*

#11 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 18:22

*crosses fingers*

I'm sure it will get it done, but it will be slow work.

#12 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 18:39

*crosses fingers*

I'm sure it will get it done, but it will be slow work.

That was the aim of the thread, im looking forward to see helper features implemented in the game, and for sure its the best solution, just it would be nice to have FSH updates until that for 2 main reasons:
1) FSH can be a "test" for many good suggestions of things that could be implemented;
2) Its a matter of "reaction" time: in old days we have been spoiled by Tangtop and the team. When there was a problem, it was fixed in a few hours, not months. And new good features were implemented in few days. Fast updates were the winning key.

#13 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2013 - 19:32

-Signed against.

Having a list of buff you planned in advance to use, its helping players to follow their strategy being sure there wont be mistakes.
Having the possibility to fetch creature stats in UFGS is a way to double check what you are doing without having to load dozens of pages.
Using enhanced text to buff is a way to be sure of what you ask and what you give.
Saving combat logs is a way to double check what you did during your hunt, and be sure you wont do the same mistakes again.
All these, and i could go on with many others, are ways to know what you are doing, doing them in a more precise way.
(and if you dont have to spend hours loading and refreshing pages you have more time to spend on mental work and enjoy the game).

It still comes down to laziness. Everything you mentioned could be done manually, but instead, you require a script to do it for you.

#14 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 20:44

It still comes down to laziness. Everything you mentioned could be done manually, but instead, you require a script to do it for you.

You may see it as laziness, but others might not. Think of it like this, you are driving a car, did you make the car? Probably not. Is that considered laziness?

#15 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 21:01

-Signed against.

Try running a Guild without it mate.

Cheers.

wil72

#16 evilbry

evilbry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 06 April 2013 - 21:02

You may see it as laziness, but others might not. Think of it like this, you are driving a car, did you make the car? Probably not. Is that considered laziness?

that's not really a relevant comparison.

perhaps a better one would be

Driving with cruise control, or driving an automatic instead of a manual (stick). Or even using the hands free parking option in cars these days.

#17 Spitfire666123

Spitfire666123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  • Badge

Posted 06 April 2013 - 21:08

Cheers.

wil72

There are countless guilds that operate without FSH. I dont understand what makes it NECESSARY to operate a guild...

that's not really a relevant comparison.

perhaps a better one would be

Driving with cruise control, or driving an automatic instead of a manual (stick). Or even using the hands free parking option in cars these days.

I was thinking the same thing, bry, and honestly, I wouldnt trust any automation to drive for me (in reference to the hands free parking, or cruise control). I like to be in control of what im doing...

#18 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 21:13

Not everyone is a genius like holy. Even to this day, I can't do a 1 hit setup for mobs at lvl 186 without points in damage and strong buffs. Woah. Is holy chuck Norris?!?!

#19 dowuones

dowuones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 21:47

Making a list of Guild Items? Yes, you can do it manually, write down a list of 1,000+ items, writing the name of the item, level, all the stats, craft, forge: time? 10/15 hours?

And keep it updated every time you tag, untag, craft or forge something (or someone does it and you dont know it?): time? 2/3 hours every time?

Saving combat logs? how? you copy and paste every single combat when you hunt? Time: about 1 hour per level

Seriously, you dont like FSH and its ok (but this is not about liking helper or not)... but between laziness and making the game more enjoyable, theres a huge difference.
I dont require any script to do it for me, i want to discover and learn the game myself, and enjoy it. If something helps me to have more fun in the game, i cant see what is the problem.

#20 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 22:01

Cheers.

wil72

There are countless guilds that operate without FSH. I dont understand what makes it NECESSARY to operate a guild...

NECESSARY! NECESSARY? Where in my post did I say it was NECESSARY? Please stop putting words in my mouth.

I was alluding to the fact that FSH sure helps in running a Guild. You should try it sometime.

As for being in control, free your mind mate, obliviousness is bliss :wink:

Cheers.

wil72

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: