143 replies to this topic

#21 Command101

Command101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2021 - 04:37

I agree that anyone can cheat the Medal easily already, but I think that would make it way to easy to group the same, let's say, 8 people going for Arena Medals at the same place to help eachother...Although I know that it can be made already just as easy if you know enough people in the game.

I'd be in favor of:

Guild Gear - 25% Rule

Own Gear - 50% Rule

PS: I don't play Arena, have not much say into it, completelly talking from an outsider standpoint.

I like this, it would be very easy for "someone to "lend" their gear to other people for them to own and dominate that arena

PM me in game if I get out bid on a piece. Thanks.Thaisetqb1_zpsiu932q47.png

#22 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 12:55

Why not make boosting against the rules and lift the 25% rule (Guild tagged gear would still have 25% rule). If we are worried about boosting this is far more effective.

Why restrict those who want to play morally to protect against those who don't?

#23 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 13:27

I agree that anyone can cheat the Medal easily already, but I think that would make it way to easy to group the same, let's say, 8 people going for Arena Medals at the same place to help eachother...Although I know that it can be made already just as easy if you know enough people in the game.

I'd be in favor of:

Guild Gear - 25% Rule

Own Gear - 50% Rule

PS: I don't play Arena, have not much say into it, completelly talking from an outsider standpoint.

I would be mostly against removing the rule since i spent lots of time even lost some sleep time to be where am i now in Arena... But i feel removing the rule for untagged gears is fair and going to get Arena more active and it would be fun to challenge more new faces and Guildies there !  

I'm sure more players from biggest guilds will jump in and will have no time to join before tourneys start if you weren't active enough !

Not to mention how this will make a move in the market very well more players will buy gears and gold to forge and craft...

Result is More Activity and More donations for HCs and More updates to FS.

I mean who is going to put that much effort to ask other players to join without gears or something , Not worth it and those players will lose their integrity for FS community ...

I'm always helpful when someone ask me a question about Arena , never ignored or denied anyone from my knowledge in that part of the game.

Edited by shindrak, 01 October 2021 - 13:34.

#24 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 13:53

You guys know way more than me about this, so really not my place to say.

But there's also the option of if the guild wants, they can just untag the gear and leave all 'Arena Gear' in the Guild Store? Sure that would increase Arena activity.

#25 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 13:55

You guys know way more than me about this, so really not my place to say.

But there's also the option of if the guild wants, they can just untag the gear and leave all 'Arena Gear' in the Guild Store? Sure that would increase Arena activity.

Kind of a pain to play at that point, also will people really do that? Even if everyone is trusted people will forget to redepo and there is chance of theft.

#26 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2021 - 17:46

Do we need a leveling cooldown as well? Cooldown for everything tbh. Everyone of the players that are the best at what they do started from the same place at the bottom. You need to put the time and effort in.

Cooldown takes the competition out of things, the game needs competition. Source; look at titan hunting, it got so bad they needed to allow people to personally secure things on top of guild secure.

The reason you are showing in top list is because the player base is small and once you are inactive you fall off the top charts.

I cite titan cooldown as precedent. Again, neither you or Shindrak can explain why so few of people have 100 or more wins in arena. It means people either gave up on it after trying awhile or the same people win all the time, therefore an issue. Again, I know you and Shindrak don't agree with me but I'm not alone in my thinking about arena. To be honest, I probably won't play much arena if they make a change or not, I'm indifferent for the most part. What I'm suggesting is best for the game. 

Teleport and individual titan secures is what killed titan hunting + declining player base + market saturation. I would argue possibly titan doubler but I can see not wanting to spend hours and hours titan hunting for a secure. However, this thread was about arena not titan hunting.

Edited by Windbattle, 01 October 2021 - 17:53.

#27 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2021 - 17:48

This negative attitude will never change ...  "The best" Arena players you call them the best ! they were newbie at some point and learnt from the constant trying  ,  Play more and get better it is simple . i can see lots of players who were newbie and got better now days without complaints .

In my case Cooldown in arena is just like asking me to stop playing the game. 

Again, I'm basing it off how many wins the entire player base has an individuals over the course of 15 years. Also, you stand to lose if they added this change so of course you would be against it. 

Edited by Windbattle, 01 October 2021 - 17:49.

#28 Tilley10

Tilley10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 17:55

An arena cooldown is a terrible idea and should never be implemented. Why should the winner be punished into not being able to play? Feels very counter intuitive and a bad thing for the health of the game.

#29 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2021 - 17:55

Honestly, what Arena needs is a proper "tutorial", I'd love to play Arena more, but it seems so complicated that I don't even know where to start...It's more like a thing of finding someone to teach you the basics is the only real way to start doing it, and I think that's the reason no one really plays it.

I know if I sit down and go over hundreds of sets, move sets, join a lot of Arenas and learn how to do it, it'll work at some point, but to break that initial barrier is such an investment of time and resources that most people don't even bother.

It's just an area that requires A LOT of game knowledge, a massive BP, huge investment in gear and so on...So it really limits it to a very small group that play the game.

I completely agree with that statement. Plus there are nuances to combat moves as well. The fact that I've mastered almost all areas of the game besides arena says a lot. 

Edited by Windbattle, 01 October 2021 - 18:17.

#30 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2021 - 17:56

I cite titan cooldown as precedent. Again, neither you or Shindrak can explain why so few of people have 100 or more wins in arena. It means people either gave up on it after trying awhile or the same people win all the time, therefore an issue. Again, I know you and Shindrak don't agree with me but I'm not alone in my thinking about arena. To be honest, I probably won't play much arena if they make a change or not, I'm indifferent for the most part. What I'm suggesting is best for the game. 

Teleport and individual titan secures is what killed titan hunting + declining player base + market saturation. I would argue possibly titan doubler but I can see not wanting to spend hours and hours titan hunting for a secure. However, this thread was about arena not titan hunting.

the list doesnt show inactives!

#31 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2021 - 18:00

I mean who is going to put that much effort to ask other players to join without gears or something , Not worth it and those players will lose their integrity for FS community ...

When they added the big increase in arena resources, I saw several players paying other players to join arenas so they could win and collect the items (before they went to the arena token system). 

the list doesnt show inactives!

That would make up not that many people. sorry but your wrong. I've periodically looked at the top arena list at least a few times a year for the past 15 years.

Edited by Windbattle, 01 October 2021 - 18:01.

#32 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 18:23

That would make up not that many people. sorry but your wrong. I've periodically looked at the top arena list at least a few times a year for the past 15 years.

I'm sorry he is correct. The chart does not show inactives. It accounts for a tremendous amount of players. There are a large majority of players that only participate in one area of the game (By choice may i add, they are content doing what they do).

There is probably a ton of players that have not completed any novice arenas and those are practically freebees.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 October 2021 - 18:24.

#33 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 18:26

Cooldown played it's part, it allows any old anyone to secure a titan without any competition. Teleport and Titan doubler only exacerbated it and made it much faster to do. 

Gone are the days of contesting for sport, cooldown btw just wait it out.

Cooldown turned me and many other players from avid participants to never participating.

This is what cooldown does, gets rid of competition and kills off most of the players that participate regularly.

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 October 2021 - 18:28.

#34 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2021 - 18:49

i dunno about wrong, im more right than wrong tho, just looked at times when the bottom of the list was over 300 wins to make top 250, for all we know might have been times it was 350 or 400, is where we differ.

#35 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 01 October 2021 - 18:53

Arena does require a big investment in gear and time. But it is important to note that the players who are at the top remain at the top not because of how much gear they can amass, but because of the time and energy they have put into it.

If it was as easy as putting some gear on and winning some rounds, everyone could do it. You already see it in regular PvP - pop some potions and go crazy, regardless of how much (or little) thought you've added in the process, you will find success.

Putting people on Cooldown from participating in the Arena sounds... counterintuitive. Cooldown worked somewhat on Titans for other reasons that we will not discuss here (this is an Arena thread??), but Arena does not correlate to Titan Hunting mechanics whatsoever. The game is already low in #'s, I don't see how adding a cooldown to Arena will be beneficial beyond seeing some self proclaimed experts getting their Bronze medal here and there.

#36 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2021 - 18:59

i dunno why im called wrong either, i just stated inactives dont show, didnt warrant being called wrong, for your negativity, enjoy my super sleek memory of 300ish bottom of the list to make it post, id bet its dipped down by 500+ players or more, since u want something to debate without facts.

#37 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2021 - 19:14

ive seen you posting a lot of late Windbattle, my suggestion if you wanna get into debates, is choose your topics more carefully or dont try and force a point for the sake of attention? approval? bloodshed? or whatever applies in your case!

i've seen this elsewhere, people want elaboration, they get some and its still not enough, i think the majority can tell whats factual and or whats best, moving against it seems sus.

respect tho, i dont mean to belittle, just want to call it as i see it.

#38 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 October 2021 - 19:22

The difference is that I didn't make it personal like you have done. I'm saying you were inaccurate in my opinion. I don't have screen shots to say otherwise since that is literally years ago.

This whole thread is about people's opinion on arena and changes you would or would not like to see to it. At least that is how I took it. I'm posting because it seems like the cows are making more of an effort to look at threads and make meaningful updates to the game.

Edited by Windbattle, 01 October 2021 - 19:23.

#39 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 October 2021 - 19:29

The difference is that I didn't make it personal like you have done. I'm saying you were inaccurate in my opinion. I don't have screen shots to say otherwise since that is literally years ago.

This whole thread is about people's opinion on arena and changes you would or would not like to see to it. At least that is how I took it. I'm posting because it seems like the cows are making more of an effort to look at threads and make meaningful updates to the game.

i fail to see how its a level of personal that is of concern, like i said, respect to ya, old warrior sunshine.

#40 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 01 October 2021 - 20:44

I'd be in favor of:

Guild Gear - 25% Rule

Own Gear - 50% Rule

I only do arena when I get a arena DQ and maybe 1 out of 25 times I try to enter one, I get the  25% Guild mate arena rule warning since we do not have many arena players.

Making any changes to the existing rule will give advantage to guilds with more experienced arena participants allowing less slots for amateurs like me.

yghorbeviahn suggestion above might be ok, yet, opening up the arena rule  to 100% guildmate participation is not good.

Even I might take advantage of "boosting" since I've played FS over a decade now and  I still need 54% for my  PvP Arena Wins Bronze  :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: