Photo

'BLOOD' a possible idea for Grims intended removal of xp loss from pvp.

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#81 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:35

i still doubt you would see an increase in pvp, the only reason to take xp loss out is for the levelers and they arent goin to stop leveling to pvp

Let me say this about... (tap, tap, tap....Hey, Grim, is this thing on?}

I think you may be under the impression that that's all levelers do.  I sure that there are some out there that are raising a banner with "God and my levels" on it, but that's not all most of us do.

Some guilds push leveling, requiring so many levels a week. (mine doesn't by the way)   Others require your xp gain to be maxed.  I would hypothesize that a lot of the complaints about loss of xp might come from these two facets of guild life.

For myself, and my guild mates, it's level a bit here, kill a titan or two there, participate in a global event (NOT a big xp advantage to those)  If you're on a quest, some of those aren't necessarily level producing material. A few folks jump on guildmates and butf them to the gills  to get their medals.  And for heavens sake don't forget the GvG (when they can find someone) crowd, who will probably find someone who will hit them back when they attack. 

What I'm getting at is that the person who is leveling to extent of ignoring everything else, is not one of the majority groups in the game.  In fact the only time I'm a manic leveler is to get away from someone who is PvPing me constantly.

Yep, I KNOW this is a PvP game, and if someone hits me there all sorts of nefarious things I can do in revenge.  I do do them too ;)  But I do other game aspects besides leveling.

And if PvP were changed to resemble what was originally posted on page one, I'd likely start looking around for a target or two.

We levelers have a wide range of interests :D

#82 Raikage

Raikage

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:06

True, the only reason levelers don't PvP is because they don't like to lose xp and levels, gold isn't that much of a big deal anyway and everyone has the sense not to log off with millions of gold in hand. Take out the risk factor ie losing xp and you'd be surprised how many people start hitting because after all, it is fun.

#83 yghorbeviahn

yghorbeviahn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:53

Ok, the XP Loss thing will happen, BG already stated his opinion on this, so we should just accept it or stop playing FS.

Now, if HCS plan to remove XP Loss from PvP and introduce a new PvPXP system, they will need to do a LOT of work, and they should not remove XP Loss until they have all that done and TESTED ON A BETA SERVER, that will be the biggest change FS ever had, we need to test it a LOT before that take place on the real game.

#84 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 13:00

Normally I would agree that the lower levels need to be condensed, but since you have to get to level 100 first you should be able to also get to a decent normal level by then. Otherwise it probably means you stayed in the lowest range to pick on the newer players... and with the wider ranges eventually it means you should either level up and stop picking on the less experience or be exposed yourself to better competiion

I thought the idea was to separate normal levelling xp and pvp xp?

As in,  one could stay at a certain level range, and still go up on PvP levels?

Why do you think its necessary for PvPers to "normally" level up also?

I would think the "less pvpxp gained from a lower level pvp target would be enough to keep the "picking on the less experienced" in minimum.

eFqM9lD.gif

#85 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 September 2014 - 13:06

what about we make levellers engage by instead of making them loose a percent of their PvP enhancements, they loose a remarkable pperent of their hunting enhancements ?

So let's remove an abusable function that negatively impacts players game and replace it with something that negatively impacts their game? No.

I have had to remove a lot of your spiteful posts from this thread. I do not want to see more of them.

Where do gold hits, which are a huge gold sink, fall into this? No xp loss but how do you punish someone for stealing your gold, especially if you remove the bounty board?

Use the Bounty Board as it is not going anywhere.

I must say, I am completely against "negative PvP XP", too.

Agreed. If the PvPXP is low or zero, the defenders PvPXP ought to stay zero and the attacker receives little reward. That way it makes it better to attack those with higher PvPXP. Y'know, PvP against those who WILL fight back and show your PvP chops!

Why?? make it so to protect gold only.

No. PvP is a gold sink. We are not going to protect gold.

#86 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 13:09

PvP is a gold sink. We are not going to protect gold.

This is great to hear.. Please keep this stance throughout this whole discussion/development phase

#87 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 13:22

I thought the idea was to separate normal levelling xp and pvp xp?

As in,  one could stay at a certain level range, and still go up on PvP levels?

Why do you think its necessary for PvPers to "normally" level up also?

I would think the "less pvpxp gained from a lower level pvp target would be enough to keep the "picking on the less experienced" in minimum.

I'll just quote myself here:

Imaginary situation

I am at regular level 65 (in the current 50 to 99 pvp range) and I have 1000 PVPXP

Then I choose to attack a level 50 inexperienced pvper who has lets say 100 PVPXP

I win of course (being the badass master of PvP) and gain 1 PVPXP.

Then I choose to attack another badass master of PvP, level 99 with 5000 PVPXP

I happen to win and I gain 50 PVPXP with the same amount of stamina I used to attack the inexperienced player earlier.

^^ What I wanted to say is isnt that enough incentive to not pick on the inexperienced?

Why would we need to bring higher levels to in the pool also?

The current PvP ladder ranges are just fine to determine who am I able to attack. The difference in the amount of PvPXP on the participants should determine is it worth attacking them, not the level of gear they are able to wear.

I hope I made some sense.

eFqM9lD.gif

#88 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 13:37

Why?

It's actually pretty simple. As you level up you will ultimately have less targets at your level. To account for this and to keep the game interesting it makes sense to expand your range so that you will still have a reasonable amount of different targets and not have to hit the same person over and over to advance.

#89 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 13:51

Why?

It's actually pretty simple. As you level up you will ultimately have less targets at your level. To account for this and to keep the game interesting it makes sense to expand your range so that you will still have a reasonable amount of different targets and not have to hit the same person over and over to advance.

And again, isnt the whole point of this to let the levellersdo their thing if they so wish.

If you want more targets, then dont level up. All about choice.

Theres no need to let high levels to hit low levels, just so they can have more targets is there?

Not really fair on the lower level.

eFqM9lD.gif

#90 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 14:00

I am talking about increasing your pvp level it has the same concept of leveling your character level...as it increases you will have less viable targets especially if your range is not increased.

#91 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 14:06

Well the higher on the PvP level you get, isnt it just appropriate that its harder to maintain that position? By less juicy targets in range.

I still dont see why would there be need for a player in the 2000 gear to be allowed to "farm" on a fella in a level 50 gear.

Its just stupid.

Just as in the ladder now, if your rating gets high enough, youre not going to get good ratings from others.

It doesnt mean I would be able to hit on anyone who has high rating in lower or higher brackets.

Would just be silly if I could. There level ranges are there for a reason.

eFqM9lD.gif

#92 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 14:18

Did you see my post go you about just expanding the ranges some? Not fully. 50-300, 301-600, 601-1000, 1001-1500, 1501-2000, 2001-2500.

#93 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 24 September 2014 - 14:34

Did you see my post go you about just expanding the ranges some? Not fully. 50-300, 301-600, 601-1000, 1001-1500, 1501-2000, 2001-2500.

I think the lower tiers should be broken down into smaller pieces... Gear is more abundant and the ratio of increase of stats is bigger at lower levels... A level 99 dude can pull about 2.3-2.9k with a lot of buffs, and one at level 200 can already make 7k att with some Defense. Level 200 dude can put out level 99 one with NVM and a couple of buffs like nobody's business as long as he's got the magics to show.

I think the current Ladder changes are just fine for the new PvPXP thing, too. If a lower level desires to move up a field, they can just watch the "Bounty Board" and take on a higher difficulty target if he isn't to find one in his current playing field.

#94 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 14:41

Perhaps not feasible but what if there was a whole set of new pvp only gear with mega pvp stats starting at level 100. So your regular level has minimal to do with pvp level? Then your true pvp level will be fighting against the best regardless of regular levels. Also level 100 being the cutoff where you can't hit sub 100 folks. There has got to be an idea out there.

#95 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 24 September 2014 - 16:07

One thing that occurred to me... Silly, but here goes anyway... Used to be that when gold was stolen, the screen would say "xxx lost [amt gold]  of which zzz stole [amt gold], of which the remainder stayed scattered on the ground" or something similar... that was kind of cool... Bring it back

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#96 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 16:35

I did see them, but the gaps are still huge, especially on the lower side (where I have a very fair share of experience).

The high end does need expanding, I agree(from what I have heard).

But I was talking about your OP where you said that "Once you reach level 100 PVPXP you would be able to attack anyone in your normal Xp range as well as be able to now attack anyone in you PVP range"

Thats the problem for me, as you could have those level 2235's hitting a level 25, as long as they are in the same PVPXP level range. At least thats how I understood it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Perhaps not feasible but what if there was a whole set of new pvp only gear with mega pvp stats starting at level 100. So your regular level has minimal to do with pvp level? Then your true pvp level will be fighting against the best regardless of regular levels. Also level 100 being the cutoff where you can't hit sub 100 folks. There has got to be an idea out there.

I wouldnt hate the idea of a totally different set of equipment for PvP, that would definitely level the playing field for everyone regardless of their "normal" level. But I think that would require so much work that dont know if its even a valid option. But what do I know, I am no coder.

Edited by RedFinn, 24 September 2014 - 16:36.

eFqM9lD.gif

#97 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 16:57

• When attacking a player at or above your PVP level you get 100% of standard PVPXP.

Do you mean there would be a fixed base amount of transferred PVPXP in the combants, on which these formulas are based on?

• Amounts of PVPXP required to advance to next level would begin at 1000 and slowly raise in set increments every level. (or every other level, more input required)

If I am correct, theres a formula to count the xp required for next levels in regular levelling, maybe apply the same in PVPXP?

eFqM9lD.gif

#98 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2014 - 17:00

Yeah RedFin, there'd be a fixed amount.

It's actually there in the OP, if you look at the gains when using 100 stam or 10 stam?

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#99 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 17:55

Oh right... My finnish brain missed that one, sorry.

But, on a lighter note (and because someone needs to say it)...

Where do we do this trading, blood for items and so on...

In a... (wait for it)...

BLOOD BANK?

Hehehehehheh

I know, sometimes I just crack it up.

eFqM9lD.gif

#100 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2014 - 19:00

Original post has been updated to reflect the new 'BLOOD' format and to include a few additions, including the xp formula leo devised.

Edited by Mister Doom, 24 September 2014 - 19:00.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: