Photo

'BLOOD' a possible idea for Grims intended removal of xp loss from pvp.

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#101 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 19:18

just want to say..glad to see most people are coming together on this new pvp/xp system and trying to get all our ideas together to make this thing happen for the best of the game and everyone who plays...i feel this is going to be a great improvement for the game and open up many new avenues for pvp and allow for more retention of players

also think, that if/when (hoping more on the when,and the sooner the better) this new system is implemented.. an email to all players that have ever played the game should be sent out..declaring a new dawn to the game, explaining the changes (no xp loss for levelers) and new pvp/xp system....should bring back many players..keep up the great work bg, hcs, and the community..we can make this work..

#102 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 22:41

I hope they don't use 'blood' if they implement this.. I'm not Dracula nor want to be

#103 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 22:45

I hope they don't use 'blood' if they implement this.. I'm not Dracula nor want to be

midi-chlorians then? :P

Cheers.

wil72

#104 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 23:08

Harvesting midi chlorians has only been achieved by few and it either brings out the zombie in everyone or devours whole worlds.. Let's just stick with PvP rating and move along.. move along

#105 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:46

Use the Bounty Board as it is not going anywhere.

No. PvP is a gold sink. We are not going to protect gold.

So am I to understand that the new system will remove xp loss from gold hits but the current bounty board WITH xp loss will remain?  I make a gold hit on someone and, win, lose or draw, I will be bountied for that hit where I will lose regular xp, the new super valuable pvp xp and whatever gold I may have on my person?  The current bounty board system is set up for retribution of xp loss.  Double xp loss for regular xp loss.  Is the current formula for bounty penalties going to change since regular pvp will no longer involve xp loss?  Seems to me that if you really and truly want to increase pvp activity, you will need to drastically reduce the penalty for those that do choose to participate.  Otherwise you are actually increasing the risk, not decreasing the risk of loss, for those timid souls looking to try their hand at pvp.

Screenshot everything!

#106 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:06

So am I to understand that the new system will remove xp loss from gold hits but the current bounty board WITH xp loss will remain?  I make a gold hit on someone and, win, lose or draw, I will be bountied for that hit where I will lose regular xp, the new super valuable pvp xp and whatever gold I may have on my person?  The current bounty board system is set up for retribution of xp loss.  Double xp loss for regular xp loss.  Is the current formula for bounty penalties going to change since regular pvp will no longer involve xp loss?  Seems to me that if you really and truly want to increase pvp activity, you will need to drastically reduce the penalty for those that do choose to participate.  Otherwise you are actually increasing the risk, not decreasing the risk of loss, for those timid souls looking to try their hand at pvp.

No, Yote, regular XP will be totally taken out of the PvP equation.  The XP for PvP (I think it will definitely called "blood") will be exchanged like PvP ratings were in the original ladder structure.

Edited by BadPenny, 25 September 2014 - 04:06.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#107 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:34

No, Yote, regular XP will be totally taken out of the PvP equation.  The XP for PvP (I think it will definitely called "blood") will be exchanged like PvP ratings were in the original ladder structure.

Quite certain you are wrong on this which is why I am pointing it out.  Read my post on page 4 of this thread and the possible punishment for a gold hit and Grim's response is the bounty board isn't going anywhere.  OK, sounds like same BB but with the added loss of the new super valuable pvp xp.  So which is it?  Great big punishment which will even further discourage people from trying pvp or no xp loss which will only encourage more people to get hit often and hard?

Screenshot everything!

#108 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:36

No XP Loss on Bounty Board. Only PvPXP.

#109 Billybob

Billybob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:46

So no real punishment for gold hits unless the pvp rewards are out of this world? 

#110 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 13:49

So no real punishment for gold hits unless the pvp rewards are out of this world?

Yeah. I see this as the one major exploit. If there are players (like me) who will not really care too much about my pvpxp, I will switch to the dark side and start robbing people for gold. My only real concern will be whether the amount of gold I steal is worth the stam I used for the attack. Even if put on the bb, I'm not too worried about losing pvpxp. So I think there will end up being 2 classes of marauders, ones who will care about being bountied and ones who won't. On the flipside, the victim of the robbing may feel they are not getting justice since posting a bounty on a player with 0 pvpxp isn't really gonna do anything.

Perhaps a fix would be players have to have a minimum pvpxp in order to rob someone? Why am I suggesting rules to ruin my evil plans?

#111 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 13:56

Please don't restrict gold theft.. This PvP XP removal will actually bring life to that aspect of the game.. Plus will just add more bounties.. There are lots of ways to protect gold without putting in game restrictions

#112 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 14:02

Please don't restrict gold theft.. This PvP XP removal will actually bring life to that aspect of the game.. Plus will just add more bounties.. There are lots of ways to protect gold without putting in game restrictions

totally agree...in fact..even as a leveler, i think more gold should be stolen during a pvp hit...master thief should kick in more often..carry lots of gold..expect to get it stolen..with so many ways to ditch gold quickly, having lots on you is not bright and asking to be hit..and should get hit , and have lots of it stolen..

Edited by yodamus, 25 September 2014 - 14:04.

#113 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 14:04

Yeah. I see this as the one major exploit. If there are players (like me) who will not really care too much about my pvpxp, I will switch to the dark side and start robbing people for gold. My only real concern will be whether the amount of gold I steal is worth the stam I used for the attack. Even if put on the bb, I'm not too worried about losing pvpxp. So I think there will end up being 2 classes of marauders, ones who will care about being bountied and ones who won't. On the flipside, the victim of the robbing may feel they are not getting justice since posting a bounty on a player with 0 pvpxp isn't really gonna do anything.
Perhaps a fix would be players have to have a minimum pvpxp in order to rob someone? Why am I suggesting rules to ruin my evil plans?

That is a good idea, if you had to be a certain pvp level before you could steal gold it would add value to the pvp xp.

Or if your level is related to how much gold you can steal. Level 1-100 could give you that percentage of the normal amount of gold stolen. Past 100 is obviously always 100%

#114 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 September 2014 - 14:32

There are lots of ways to protect gold without putting in game restrictions

Exactly right. There's no way to protect it beyond the Market and the banks now. Why should that change? Protect your gold if you don't wanna lose it.

If someone hits you for gold, HIT THEM BACK!

#115 Corrupted

Corrupted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Dominican Republic

Posted 25 September 2014 - 16:28

Exactly right. There's no way to protect it beyond the Market and the banks now. Why should that change? Protect your gold if you don't wanna lose it.

If someone hits you for gold, HIT THEM BACK!

Hear, hear!

#116 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 16:46

That is a good idea, if you had to be a certain pvp level before you could steal gold it would add value to the pvp xp.

Or if your level is related to how much gold you can steal. Level 1-100 could give you that percentage of the normal amount of gold stolen. Past 100 is obviously always 100%

Theres already so much variation in the percentage stolen as is, that would just make it blehhhh...

But having 0 PVPXP on the bb does raise an issue, if thats all you lose on the bounty. But should not be normal xp either if someone is thinking that.

eFqM9lD.gif

#117 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 16:54

Durability loss(if they are wearing anything) and even buffs broken or leeched will still be a good penalty along with PvP XP/rating.. Could get the guild and allies together when you could smash a lot of useful buffs off the target if wanting to get your revenge. With a big enough party someone's buffs could be fully stripped

#118 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 17:18

If a player is on the BB for hitting someone  wouldn't they have at least some PvP xp? Unless they lost or were deflected... And it could be changed so that lost attacks or deflected attacks are not bounty-able. Would that work?

Edited by tharzill, 25 September 2014 - 17:18.

#119 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 18:20

If a player is on the BB for hitting someone  wouldn't they have at least some PvP xp? Unless they lost or were deflected... And it could be changed so that lost attacks or deflected attacks are not bounty-able. Would that work?

That would, if the bounty is placed immediately. If not, then theres time to lose that pvpxp again

eFqM9lD.gif

#120 Billybob

Billybob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 18:26

Main point, it doesn't matter if I don't care about my pvp points.  Buffs expire any way and if I'm worried about damage to my gear I'll just strip to my skivvies before I go offline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: