Photo

'BLOOD' a possible idea for Grims intended removal of xp loss from pvp.

• Please log in to reply
510 replies to this topic

#161 Grimwald

Grimwald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:30

Or call it  honour.. You will gain more honour by attacking better player..  You might even want to make it so that you loose honour if you attack someone with 0 honour.. :)  Ofcourse if you both have very few honour you still get some, just to boost things up. But it would be smart to make it so that you have an real choice. Do I do an goldhit on someone with 0 honour and loose some of my own doing it... Or do i leave that target alone and take on the real pvpers.

#162 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 September 2014 - 14:04

Other stuff ~

Furthermore I detest the idea that the new "xp" which is to be transferred be called "blood" it is a horrible idea, truly horrible, please call it Prowess or something less grotesque!!

Or call it  honour.. You will gain more honour by attacking better player..  You might even want to make it so that you loose honour if you attack someone with 0 honour.. :)  Ofcourse if you both have very few honour you still get some, just to boost things up. But it would be smart to make it so that you have an real choice. Do I do an goldhit on someone with 0 honour and loose some of my own doing it... Or do i leave that target alone and take on the real pvpers.

This was brought up in global chat the other day, and I have also received some private correspondence on the subject.  The general consensus is that the term "BLOOD" is too negative, uncouth, distasteful, and without class... after careful thought on my part, I tend to agree.  

I'm sorry, Doomie, I understand where you came up with the term, but, we need for this to be a positive classification, to foster the desire to PvP in the first place.  

As for the rest of you, your ideas are listened to.... if you post them... please, speak up about this... it's YOUR game, just as much as mine or anybody else's....

#end soliloquy

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#163 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2014 - 22:23

I like this idea and I play a lot of the game.  I think that those at the end of content and starting off will check in and play.  I want to state that stealing gold is a good part of the game as well. I think there should be no protecting gold. The reason you can upgrade your character to add more deposits and convert to fsp and there are more options not limited to taking your gold back from the gold thief.  

The name of blood pts is a turn off. I know this is in talk, but I think let if rip would be funny name for points and sums it up. Giggles, but name can be adjusted later. I am concerned for the bounty board. 

I do believe this will produce more bounties, but I am confused, if you have no xp taken and pvp points  in place okay I get, but if you steal gold and not doing pvp playing how would this work?  I feel more need to understand this aspect and I like to this explained a tad more.  I know we have 100 stamina hits and I wonder if you steal gold or play pvp does those hits still work the same?

Overall from what I have read I like the idea and hope Hcs staff keeps posting do things and absolute not things. Thanks and like I said I do all aspects of the game and like to see how it all works to get all players enjoying game play in fs. 

Edit:  I did not see this thread and thought I would add it to this thread since they are part of this topic too. 

http://forums.hunted...w-pvpxp-system/

Edited by bigchaos, 27 September 2014 - 22:34.

#164 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 22:56

I am a bit surprised to see that players are "concerned" about the name "Blood", this is sensitivity in its extreme. 

Have I been playing a different game then them.  We kill creature, sell heads and other body parts... make potions out of body parts ...  make sets from body parts... and even blood is used in inventing... and players don't like the term blood points?

Search AH for items with Blood in their name or search blood in wiki... better yet search the players BP that are sensitive to the term for any item named or made from "body parts"  or "blood" and take the sets away from them as they are made from "negative, uncouth, distasteful, and without class"  parts of the game.    I bet they used the Brides set at those levels.

Make the name whatever,  Blood is as good as any name!!

Edited by justinian9, 27 September 2014 - 22:57.

#165 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 23:55

Red annis

#166 bigchaos

bigchaos

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 September 2014 - 23:57

I do not think it is sensitivity like you are posting. In my opinion it is overused the name in general in game and something else is preferred as I stated earlier can be adjusted when we get settled in the process of what we are doing to improve pvp, bb, and xp aspects of game.

oops double posted sorry.  :wacko:

Edited by bigchaos, 28 September 2014 - 00:03.

#167 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:05

"This was brought up in global chat the other day, and I have also received some private correspondence on the subject.  The general consensus is that the term "BLOOD" is too negative, uncouth, distasteful, and without class... after careful thought on my part, I tend to agree."  (BadPenny)

I really did not like the term Blood either...  but I'll be darned if player(s) who use(d) and wear sets that were made from game "blood" or "skin of creatures" start dictating  terms used in the game because it's "uncouth, distasteful and without class".

The hypocrisy is galling.

#168 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:02

I am a bit surprised to see that players are "concerned" about the name "Blood", this is sensitivity in its extreme. 

Have I been playing a different game then them.  We kill creature, sell heads and other body parts... make potions out of body parts ...  make sets from body parts... and even blood is used in inventing... and players don't like the term blood points?

Search AH for items with Blood in their name or search blood in wiki... better yet search the players BP that are sensitive to the term for any item named or made from "body parts"  or "blood" and take the sets away from them as they are made from "negative, uncouth, distasteful, and without class"  parts of the game.    I bet they used the Brides set at those levels.

Make the name whatever,  Blood is as good as any name!!

I fail to see anything constructive in this post, just a mindless flame at some folk who are providing constructive feedback with new, and better, ideas. Oh and by the way I never used the Brides set ;)

In any case, collecting blood? Not sure how many people carry a syringe and plenty of vials around with them when in combat?? Perhaps if this was a game based on the RPG series Vampire the Masquerade I could understand blood being relevant but this game isn't. I do like the idea of earning Honour, sadly we already have a buff with that name so it could get confusing, hence why I chose Prowess as an example.

#169 Olef

Olef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:34

this new system will get everyone involved, willingly or not

for example: there are some players who do not want to play this new system but they really do not have a choice here, if for example I want to "bully" or "drive out" a person then I pick someone who goes offline for days and hourly attack him, will buff him with cursed buffs before and keep attacking him, I do not care for tokens or this new system rating and can do some real damage to this player, if he bounties me he loses fsp/gold + he has to repair his totally broken gear , everytime before I go offline I would take off all my gear incase I get bountied, I lose nothing and my target loses a lot and maybe is driven out of the game because of a gameplay he did not even want to be part of (this was an only an example but could be done)

#170 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 14:11

I like gore, death, and horror just as much as the next weirdo but the look of the term Blood and how its being used for this idea does nothing for me.. I just don't want to be labeled as a blood hoarder or anything..

It would even be better with collecting bones or a skull instead of blood.. How much is 10 blood? Lol

Edited by RebornJedi, 28 September 2014 - 15:28.

#171 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 15:25

I like gore, death, and horror just as much as the next weirdo but the look of the term Blood and how its being used for this idea does nothing for me.. I just don't want to be labeled as a blood hoarder or anything..

I would even be better with collecting bones or a skull instead of blood.. How much is 10 blood? Lol

10 Sith points?  :D 

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me."

―The Sith Code

"If you seek to aid everyone that suffers in the galaxy, you will only weaken yourself … and weaken them. It is the internal struggles, when fought and won on their own, that yield the strongest rewards… If you care for others, then dispense with pity and sacrifice and recognize the value in letting them fight their own battles."

"What fuels your power with the Force but your passion? The stronger, darker emotions. Anger, hatred, fear… these passions empower us."

#172 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 15:59

"And when they triumph, they will be even stronger for the victory."

#173 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 19:39

HC's should put limit on player posting in same thread like 3 posts ..  then we won't see lots of ranting and arguing and we can see more constructive feedback :)

Edited by shindrak, 28 September 2014 - 19:39.

#174 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 19:57

HC's should put limit on player posting in same thread like 3 posts ..  then we won't see lots of ranting and arguing and we can see more constructive feedback :)

LOL... forum is dead enough already.  :(

#175 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:48

Depending on the results of these discussions it can be the last change in the game for some players, at least for me. Just a few wishes here before I die  :P

#176 Removed20081

Removed20081

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:17

I think the best idea before changing a system so drastically (a system that has been here since as long as I remember) is to have it tested by the players themselves on a beta server, same as how the new map was tested. Until I see this new proposed system in action I'll withhold my compliments and/or criticism of it, other than that, I'm pretty open minded regarding the proposed changes.

Edited by Blacky, 29 September 2014 - 03:21.

#177 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:12

why can not there be on "opt-in"?

Because this is a PvP game? It's part of the whole experience. We're removing the XP Loss as it drives people away and is used to abuse by some.

You don't want to lose gold? BANK IT. It's what those deposits are for.

HC's should put limit on player posting in same thread like 3 posts ..  then we won't see lots of ranting and arguing and we can see more constructive feedback  :)

Uh, no. I really don't think so. Punishing those who are passionate about the game is not on. As long as they remain civil, their constructive feedback is gonna be considered.

#178 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:31

Just so people that don't know me will get an idea of where I'm coming from, I have a Diamond Monthly Top 10 medal and I'm still #11, even after getting into pvp, so I do know a thing or two about the leveling side of the game.  I also really enjoy the pvp side, mostly because it brought a lot of excitement to the game after I grew extremely bored of 1-2-3, rinse and repeat.  It's no secret that I am against changing the current pvp system and I will be the first to admit it's not perfect but it's pretty good.  It's also pretty obvious that I am fighting a losing battle to preserve xp loss in pvp.

Having said all that, I see a real danger in the way these topics are progressing.  There are a lot of ideas being thrown out, which is good because more input can lead to a better product.  The problem is that there is very little being done to narrow down and fine tune all of those ideas so we are still left with a lot of guesswork about what the final product will actually entail.  We are talking about the single biggest change the game has seen, we should still be in very rough draft mode but I am getting the distinct impression this could be implemented at any moment.  We have a freight train running down hill, gaining speed by the second, and nothing is slowing it down.  How many times have we seen things implemented, only to be quickly changed because the idea was put in place before it could be thoroughly explored?  That's why I'm trying to get things nailed down by the admins.  We still have a huge number of unknowns and what-ifs attached to this change, not to mention any possible exploits the new system may bring about.

Is there a timeline for these changes?  Will there be discussion about the final product BEFORE the changes are made?  Will there be any way of testing the changes before they are implemented in to the game?

Questions I have right now -

1)  I'd still like to know about how the Prestige system will work.  Has this even been considered?  It's pretty tough to take something away that people have worked for but if you leave Prestige it will just give an added bonus to those that participate in the new pvp system.  So I make a gold hit, get Prestige, lose no XP (just rating) on the BB and have a bonus when I level up.  Sounds great to me but does my target feel like I was actually punished?  If they are a pvp hater the answer is a resounding no.

2)  I saw Grim posted that rating would be converted to tokens on a monthly basis.  Really?  And then what?  Will everyone's rating will be reset to start point?  Those that have earned rating will get rewarded while those that have ignored pvp get a free monthly reset to start point?  How is it fair to the pvp'ers that the non-pvp'ers don't have to work their way back up if they decide later to pursue rewards?  At least tell me players will need to have a positive rating to get tokens but that still brings up the issue of trading for rating.  Resetting everyone to start point every month just makes trading easier.  If you earn rating this month, you should get your reward and keep your rating.  If you lose rating, it stays low until you decide to actively participate enough to raise it back up.  Furthermore, a timed reset was tried and failed on the ladder.  You had little to no activity until the closing moments when everyone tried to get in a flurry of hits to win it all.  Do we really want to go through that again?  In order to make the reset meaningful you will have to randomize the reset, by a LOT.  7-28 days would guarantee enough variance that players would actually engage without being able to guess when a reset might occur.

Once again, I really feel like we need to slow things down just a bit to make sure we cover as many scenarios as possible BEFORE implementation.

Reposting because I'm still looking for answers on these things.

Screenshot everything!

#179 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:57

So after past PvP level 100.... Lets say I am at regular xp level 50, and at pvp level 100 and the other fella is at regular level 2000 and PvP level 100, this said level 2000 (with their level 2000 gear) can farm me the level 50 in my level 50 gear?

That doesnt seem very fair. Or did I miss something?

Or would the participants still need to be within their regular xp attack range?

The way I understand it, PvP XP (whatever we're calling it) will be exchanged based on the difference between the attacker's and defender's PvP XP., and ths will affect the amount of gold stolen, as well... This in no way governs who we may attack.  Our VL will remain the criteria as to who we may attack...

Edited by BadPenny, 29 September 2014 - 15:52.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#180 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,815 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 September 2014 - 15:51