#41 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:47

All the new sets are attack damage. Any particular reason grim? ( not whining, just curious) thanks!

These are specifically hunted creatures so I figured these would be best as Attack and Damage. There are a heck of a lot of sets in the higher levels of the game already. It's all me trying to ensure that I have lots of differing options for other sections of the game.

Thanks Grim and HCS for a great event .

Our pleasure!

any news on a way to open zombie coffin faster ?

We'll be looking to see if we can do something for this.

#42 C4RPY

C4RPY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:51

yes use the quick extract in fshelper

the coffins are not showing up for me in the 'quick extract' screen of the helper :/

#43 Savanc

Savanc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Badge
  • Netherlands

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:43

All the new sets are attack damage. Any particular reason grim? ( not whining, just curious) thanks!

These are specifically hunted creatures so I figured these would be best as Attack and Damage. There are a heck of a lot of sets in the higher levels of the game already. It's all me trying to ensure that I have lots of differing options for other sections of the game.

Not compared to all the other levels. :wink:

Apart from the champion and elite sets that appear every few levels, the higher levels have always had a lot less LE, Crystalline and SE sets than the other levels. It's not that weird considering some time ago the "high levels" didn't even exist. So every new event (Halloween for example) can have one or a couple of new sets for the new high levels because there aren't many special sets yet.

I guess level 1100-1500 can be considered high level. Taking a look at those levels and also level 400-800 (for reference) the number of sets is quite different.
Level 1100-1500: 6 Crystalline sets, 3 SE sets, 11 LE sets. 1 Set every 20 levels.
Level 400-800: 17 Crystalline sets, 7 SE sets, 41 LE sets. 3.25 Sets every 20 levels.

With this I'm not saying that in the high levels we desperately need more sets or something; or that I disagree with choosing attack-damage for a new set. :wink:
But I'm a bit amazed you're saying that it's so crowded there with sets that finding good stats for new sets is difficult. I can imagine that if the high levels are tough to find good stats for new sets that finding good stats for new sets for other levels is hellish... :(

Gathering  Crystal Cutting 49 | Farming 49 | Fishing 49 | Foraging 49 | Forestry 49 | Prospecting 49 | Skinning 49
Crafting  Alchemy 49 | Armorsmithing 49 | Cooking 49 | Jewelry 49 | Leatherworking 49 | Tailoring 49 | Weaponsmithing 49
First person to have maxed them cool.png

Characters (all level 49)
Prophet    
Savanc       Savavita              Savavimala               Mage          Savanhildur    Savashengli    Savahathor
Warrior  
Savy           Savanikomachos   Savafionnchadh       Assassin   Savalina         Savajahangir
Ranger      Savakainda  Savatakoda         Savaraxka               Templar   Savastanislav  Savasegolene

#44 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:08

But I'm a bit amazed you're saying that it's so crowded there with sets that finding good stats for new sets is difficult. I can imagine that if the high levels are tough to find good stats for new sets that finding good stats for new sets for other levels is hellish... :(

Oh, it is crowded up there. Not as insane as lower levels but there are still a lot of sets. Finding good stats is easy enough, it's simply a matter of deciding on which stats will go with which items. Which existing sets shall I break? Which shall I work around? Will these be from hunting? Or Arena or PvP? The caves?

There are a large number of factors I look at with Legendary/Super Elite set creation and I am looking ahead to other possible sets as I build new ones. Attack and Damage tend to be well received (sometimes depending on their enhancements) from hunted (or dropped) sets.

#45 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 15:09

yes use the quick extract in fshelper

the coffins are not showing up for me in the 'quick extract' screen of the helper :/

you have to edit ur fshelper dont ask me what line of code you need to delete its one of the other threads but it then shows up everything as extractable saved me tons of time

#46 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:48

I LOATHE the crafting system in this game, just blew 105 FSP trying to get TWO items to go yellow and perfect, gave up in the end. Let them stay exc, I'll just hate them, that can be my motivation.

(105 FSP on two items isn't even close to my crafting failure record, nowhere near in fact, however back then I think my OCD was a lot more powerful, now I'm a bit more "Meh, screw it, I hate you being exc but I'm done throwing FSP at you".)

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#47 Maehdros

Maehdros

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • Canada

Posted 01 November 2012 - 18:10

I LOATHE the crafting system in this game, just blew 105 FSP trying to get TWO items to go yellow and perfect, gave up in the end. Let them stay exc, I'll just hate them, that can be my motivation.

(105 FSP on two items isn't even close to my crafting failure record, nowhere near in fact, however back then I think my OCD was a lot more powerful, now I'm a bit more "Meh, screw it, I hate you being exc but I'm done throwing FSP at you".)

Same thing happened for me with one of the new items last night, roughly 20 master crafts to get an item perfect Oo :?

#48 DendraDwar

DendraDwar

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:43

Which are the kingdoms where these Lgendary creatures can be found ?

Secondary question : in which recipe the compounds extracted from the ressource emaciated tentacle are required ?

#49 Uncle Beg

Uncle Beg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 15:14

Is the LE event extended for another 24 hours because of Sandy Hurricane?

#50 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 November 2012 - 16:19

I probably dropped about 100-150 on trying to get my kellos set perfect. Didn't work. Wont ever do that again.

#51 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2012 - 16:26

Yeah, I couldn't stand it. Dropped another 80. At least now they're all yellow and shiny and match all my other stuff.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#52 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 16:27

I probably dropped about 100-150 on trying to get my kellos set perfect. Didn't work. Wont ever do that again.

its why i miss when a LE actually dropped the items at least you could farm till fourleaf kicked in how things are now 4leaf potions and buffs are useless

#53 BigGrim

BigGrim

Content Designer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,817 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 November 2012 - 16:37

Hi there Everyone.

The Legendary Creatures have been beaten back and have disappeared. They will return next Oidhche Shamhna.

We hope you've enjoyed the Legendary Event. Remember, the Global Event is still running for 4 more days while Tommy Aches and the Oidhche Shamhna Realm will be available for another 13 days.

~ The Fallen Sword Team

#54 Kontiki

Kontiki

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 18:18

Remember, the Global Event is still running for 4 more days while Tommy Aches and the Oidhche Shamhna Realm will be available for another 13 days.

Does this mean the quests will stay available fore another 13 days too? :)

#55 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 18:40

Wierd seems the crafting chance to "perfect" getting lower at higher level items... before afew days i crafted low level sets got them all perfect by first try.. while i never got high level items 1000+ perfect craft by first try

#56 centurion

centurion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 18:51

of course it is harder, as range of stat is bigger at higher level. even with master crafter bonus, your chance is pretty low that you will get top percentage of each stat. why I don't bother crafting better than exc. not OCD enough to need perfect. LOL

#57 parashuram

parashuram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 22:50

Just a quick note:

Wasn't that all at the same time a bit much? The global with 25k kills required, even though some are worth 15 points, it's still 25k. That's gonna take a bit of stam to do. Then the legendary event and the titan? Why everything at the same time?

#58 hades8840

hades8840

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 23:28

Just a quick note:

Wasn't that all at the same time a bit much? The global with 25k kills required, even though some are worth 15 points, it's still 25k. That's gonna take a bit of stam to do. Then the legendary event and the titan? Why everything at the same time?

cause its halloween ..sometimes you just have to choose its as simple as that

#59 GoHalos

GoHalos

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:30

Just a quick note:

Trick or Treat Mother F'er.

#60 goldlee02

goldlee02

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 13:51

so i will Halloween quest end 15th at what sever time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: