• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#1 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:30

I have thought about this for a while now...all the years that I have played FS have I seen such an event...it is time for us as a community to come together and put a little "UMPH" back into the game...what I am about to propose is a Guild vs. Guild all out "Ground and Pound"... No "Ninja Stealth" GvG's...I mean when there is war between clans,groups, or countries both sides are prepared for battle Right!!! One is not asleep while the other attacks...YOU ARE READY FOR THE "POOP TO HIT THE FAN".

1. This must be approved by your guild Leaders and Founders
2. THIS IS ALL IN GOOD FUN
3. Good clean smack talk is in courage but be respectful, and try not to get out of hand
4. This is about your Guild coming together as one to Defend and Attack
5. If you are retentive about your GvG record this is not for you
6. This needs to be planned out far enough ahead (but not to far out)for all guilds to get prepared
7. If you are a non-PvPer or a non-GvGer you still have a roll in defending your guild by buffing,making potions,and watching the GvG board...
8. NO STAM GEAR FOR 24hrs
9. I encourage that all guilds involved have as many players online as they can for you to be successful
10. Will need the FS Community to help promote this...

"A STORM IS COMING...WILL YOUR GUILD BE READY"

I would like more opinions on this...I know we as a community can pull this off....THIS CAN BE ONE EPIC EVENT!!! LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!

We will work out the details and bugs on this over the next week TOGETHER ;)

Edited by Brice, 24 May 2014 - 01:24.

#2 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:49

How+_fb3961d4c64d11c3d7972314bb1471a3.gi

#3 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:52

I like the concept mate - can have different types of battle - a guild champion feature where if opposition guild wants to take on the champ & has a representative it can be a one on one affair - or a select number of players to go head to head - problem that is foreseeable is match up issues amongst guilds member levels - but that can fall into regular GvG where notice is given ahead of time - lucky for you; when I pm'd Lap about a allies week where we could go head to head she simply declined to answer :P  or conveniently missed the pm - ODP would love to show you girls how to play ball :P  You Down With ODP!!!!

+1 on your idea mate

#4 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:58

I have the blessing of the Great Queen of LWS, and we are DOWN and Ready!! Let's do this FS!!!

Edited by Brice, 12 May 2014 - 03:59.

#5 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:33

ABSOLUTELY wild idea that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE!

I've been having thoughts of a global competition amongst guilds for a long time and I'm glad someone has finally put the idea into words!

I am so pumped up already that I'm grinning from ear to ear while typing this (no joke). :D 

A few suggestions:

1) add a prize pot... I for one will put down 25 FSP to the victor guild ( how this would be determined IDK but we can figure it out...

2) DO NOT let guilds with less then 10 (TEN) ACTIVE members participate... (This is kinda iffy considering many of those small guilds are huge on GvG)

3) Add a side competition for those who are TRULY hardcore and want an ACTUAL WAR... I mean legit 100 stam hits that take XP and what not... The war would last for 1 week and the guild who takes the most levels from the other would receive 100 FSP (or something like that) from the losing guild.

LETS JUICE THINGS UP IN FS LAND FOLKS!!!! :)  ;)  :P  :D  :lol:  :( ^_^  

#6 volcom

volcom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:48

31 people reading this and yet only 4 replies... COME ON PEOPLE GET TO TYPING AND GIVING INPUT :P

Hope I didn't scare any of you away :P

#7 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:56

I think the tourney should be a classic 50 rounds...unless 2 agree to higher...maybe some kind of prize pool, but don't know if this should be broken down by guild level to make it fair...but all guilds would be fair game...should probably make some kind of registration board ...who's in who's not...but I want to see guilds defending and attacking....some players protecting ...others bringing the pain...I want to see 2 players standing toe to toe fully buffed in all out Ground and Pound...scores like 15 - 23

#8 Zit

Zit

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:47

My guild is small with only 6 active players.  With the limited number of members and coinciding limited level ranges, how will you make it fair for all guilds?  Our highest active player is 812.  The others are levels 408, 401, 120, 107, and 99.

#9 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:52

My guild is small with only 6 active players.  With the limited number of members and coinciding limited level ranges, how will you make it fair for all guilds?  Our highest active player is 812.  The others are levels 408, 401, 120, 107, and 99.

Well this is where we need to work out the kinks...I understand smaller guilds may not like this but LWS isn't that big of a guild either...being a smaller guild may benefit you too...limits who can attack you...range wise

#10 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:33

hey Brice :) This is a cool idea and finding a way to minimize farming guild RPs from offline players is always been a tough one to crack. 

let's face it, there will always be guild GvGers that will continue looking for the weak links in a guild to get guild RPs quick :\

I've been waiting for HCS to post a GvG thread so I could post my idea of a possible solution to this :)

If you don't mind I can post it here for everyone to get a look at it and see if it is feasible.  

#11 WandKing

WandKing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:49

I've thought of a way to make GvGing a real challenging aspect of the game by making 1 simple addition :D
This will
1) even the playing field for all guilds, big or small
2) allow players to wear their stamina gear offline knowing they are protecting in the event of a GvG conflict attack
3) Minimize needing perfect scores as the norm allowing least loses as goal to win  
4) allow guild members to have more ability to protect targeted members
5) make GvGing challenging, minimizing preying on under- equipped targets and  providing the sensation that you earned the  Guild RPs

The addition is to add to Combat Sets " Load GvG Readiness Gear"

When a player attacks, PvP or GvG, this triggers the auto-load of the preset gear so on the 2nd-25th attacks the attacker will have to deal with the new gear setup. (The initial attack will be on the original gear of course)
Now the attacker must re-configure their buffs and/or gear if need be, to continue.
To load the gear, a player places items in a special slot located in Combat Sets and saves just like you normally would any combat sets, except at a cost, say 25K gold. Now the gear is loaded, so the player can switch to whatever gear they want to have equipped for general game play.
It would be best to have an on/off switch in case the player is leveling with specific gear and gets PvPed, causing the the auto-load of the GvG Readiness Gear..

Pros
1) With more and more players equipping stamina boosting gear to re-coop burned stamina from all these events :), it is open season for easy Guild RP farming. With this auto-load function in place, guilds will have to "work" for Guild RPs.
2) No matter what buffs you put on a player that is in stamina boosting gear, you can't protect them. 
Yet a guild can buff-protect it's members if the player is properly equipped.
3) For Defending guilds, this simple addition will allow more strategic planning and involvement with member's participation to the guild as a whole.
4) For Attacking guilds, they still have the upper hand because they are prepared for retaliation and their members also have the Auto-load function. 

Cons
 1) If a player logs off with stamina boosting gear equipped, with the plan of accumulating massive amounts of bonus stamina and a PvPer strolls by and attacks you, triggering the auto-load, say bye bye to the bonus stamina. (hmm, what to do what to do?)       
2) Just like any other items you have saved in Combat Sets, if 1 or more is removed from BP, they will not be loaded with the rest of the items. 
3) Each time you load there will be a gold cost.
4)Guild leaders will have to police their members...have available PvP/GvG gear for their members to use and reminders to load their GvG Readiness Gear before logging off.

In conclusion
Which would be more exciting to you? Continue hitting the weak for perfect 50/50 scores or trying to defeat a well buffed and well equipped player(s) in an attempted to beat their guild's 27/50 score?
Having every member logged on 24/7 is impossible, yet with this simple addition every member can be virtually present 24/7.

#12 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:05

Great thought on a future update Wandking!!! And we will need to talk more on it!!! but for now this is something the FS community can put together now and see if it can work!!! But I do like where you are going...nice!

#13 DomCorvis

DomCorvis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:18

sadly i do remember a GvG tournament being put together once....it was also the route of all evil(a lot of hackings occured due to the player who started the tournament using his own website to organize the whole event and a lot of people used the same PW as their FS account).

I am not saying this will happen again but i have to feel leary.....best of luck to you all. TFS may throw our hats in if the rest of my family decides they'd like to participate

RealmOfTheDead_zps1e8fa1f1.png

#14 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:08

and may the 2% odds be ever in your favor

giphy.gif

#15 Brice

Brice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:15

As I look out of the Great Tower of my Stronghold...I look to the North and see an ominous dark cloud building...deep in the woods I see a battle flag has risen and rising from the tree tops a green mist approaches...the Order of the Dark Plague is preparing for battle...my Queen approaches ......

#16 davidutz

davidutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Badge
  • Romania

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:48

some thing like a global  Guild war :))  nice  :)) wood love to see that :)   and the only  prize  must be a logo on the guild front  page  
" winer of guild wars  "  really nice :) hope to see it

#17 RedFinn

RedFinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:56

Idea is interesting enough, whether I would want to participate or not, would depend on the rules/details of how it is done.

eFqM9lD.gif

#18 Deano

Deano

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 13:58

Awesome idea , I like to see what more info, will come :)

#19 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 14:49

@RYE..LOL I thought i did respond..but i just posted in guild chat LOL....*bats eyes* this will be fun and if we dont get this event implemented...LWS would be honored to test our skills against ODP!  there is no shame in losing to you, but the thrill of VICTORY is worth the price.......oh boy....what did i just agree to LMAO :P

#20 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2014 - 15:30

you could do guild vs guild wars without the requirement for a new structure or whatever all you need is some balls and some integrity. Sadly though the people who talk the talk when it comes to pvp can never just go guild on guild they have to call all their friends in to bail them out, thus making the whole thing a farce.  I have been in a few of these conflicts and I have never seen it go guild vs guild, usually one guild who are fighting about 5 little guilds who all rally together as individually they are too weak to finish off what they have themselves started. At least it provided some amusement at the time I guess... :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: