8 replies to this topic

#1 arthog

arthog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:15

normally the ones that dont work , or dont pay out , im not too fussed with , 

however , these ones for these videos here dont just do nothing , they take my tab out of fallensword and first go to       a.jumponfire.com/click      then to b.v11media.com/click?k=9fcd2442c79fd4d4baa6bab5143bf707&o=71942&uid=99d6b63aa3c4582260f3c5eed08bfe99&subid1=201w6z38FhvtfMHn01G4xe1vdydD000.?

so i am more worried of being hijacked than of not getting the shards , anyone else getting the same issue with these three video rewards ?

Contiki Tour of Duty, Watch this cool video and earn 14 Fallen Sword Shards now!

Duration: 2:00

Toyota Calling all Heroes, Watch this cool video and earn 14 Fallen Sword Shards now!

and

Contiki - Tour of Duty, Watch this short video and earn 43 Fallen Sword Shards !

Duration: 2:00

#2 arthog

arthog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 14:39

ok ,.  an update to this at this stage is that 2 out of the three video rewards which were kicking out to an outside of fallensword site , still did kick out to those sites , but this time they actually loaded , played and paid out on those rewards , they were the contiki challenge one and the toyota camry adverts . the other one either vanished or didnt show up when i went back to check them just now . either way , i am still a bit unhappy at an advert which takes me away from the fallensword site without my choosing to do so . like i said earlier , im not usually too worried if this or that video reward doesnt payout , what i am worried about is that i am visiting a site i never consciously chose to go visit , it just seems a lot like hijacking to me and im worried it could be used to infect my computer . thoughts anyone ?

#3 cyrus7

cyrus7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,562 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 25 August 2013 - 18:18

im not usually too worried if this or that video reward doesnt payout , what i am worried about is that i am visiting a site i never consciously chose to go visit , it just seems a lot like hijacking to me and im worried it could be used to infect my computer . thoughts anyone ?

Me too. Especially considering I have to disable my script blocker to view the videos at all because of the way they script them. I definitely do not like it when I click to view a video, and rather than pop up in a video window like many do, they do a redirect to a funky URL.

#4 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 25 August 2013 - 20:40

Me too. Especially considering I have to disable my script blocker to view the videos at all because of the way they script them. I definitely do not like it when I click to view a video, and rather than pop up in a video window like many do, they do a redirect to a funky URL.

I don't like being redirected either ... it should stay in an in-game window.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#5 arthog

arthog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 13:13

given that we are providing HCS a income stream by looking at these video rewards , i think the onus should be on HCS to not allow advertisers who use the advert to hijack the browser and take you to a separate website . too many of these websites infect computers . 

#6 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 15:13

given that we are providing HCS a income stream by looking at these video rewards , i think the onus should be on HCS to not allow advertisers who use the advert to hijack the browser and take you to a separate website . too many of these websites infect computers . 

completly agree..the other forum thread "offerwalls", also discusses this..but the cows seem to be ignoring this issue..bad for the game..bad for newbies to see..can cause players to leave the game..issue needs to be looked into..

#7 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:50

There are "videos" on the supersonic page that, when clicked on,show a seperate screen with what appears to be a video in-screen - clicking them just takes you to a new page where there is no video and no shard credit.

Supplied Hoof with several examples to look into ..

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#8 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 15:21

There are "videos" on the supersonic page that, when clicked on,show a seperate screen with what appears to be a video in-screen - clicking them just takes you to a new page where there is no video and no shard credit.

Supplied Hoof with several examples to look into ..

excellent...Hoof needs to address this...new players use the vids to get started with some fsps...dont need them getting a bad first impression...

#9 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 18 November 2014 - 22:41

I'll tell you all right now, the videos on the supersonic page do not pay for the most part.  Only the vids from the box on the sidebar pay.  Of those, any that require you to visit another site will not pay, just refresh and move on.  This includes the social theater ones where you watch a video, then continue to the next step... the last step never completes... Again, it's a hassle, but just refresh and move on.  Just on videos that do pay, I'm averaging 5 dots a day.  Just a drop in a bucket, I know, but it finances my daily needs, which allows me to spend more of my real life $$$ on other things.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: