49 replies to this topic

#1 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 18:10

ok..someone has to start it out...so i will...please rememebr these are just suggestions to hopefully helps the cows out for pricing the arena token store, feel free to make your own suggestions..

lets start with crystal - abrofos, aellos, drawfish, drawfen, ignaitus, alvars, luks, helmars, xerxes, phellans, di xias, torils, dwarf skin, thorsis, cadeyrns and nuadas all should stay around 20 tokens...maybe a little less

chornos, volkers, takeos- these should be around 30 or so

next, quest items- all except, bothild fire stones, icons of styx, boars tusks - these should all be around 10-15 tokens each

boars tusks, icons of styx, a little more 20-25 maybe, and fire stones around 40-50 tokens

rescources- all of them should be 10 tokens, to help players try and make invents

potions- any ah or bazaar pots- 5 each

flinch, stout-hearted, entrench, enchant helm and boots, terrorize, counter attack, animal mag, death dealer, last ditch, hidden coffer- all these at 10 tokens

doubler, cloak - 20 tokens

conserve, librarian - 50 tokens

light foot and brewing master at 100 tokens...

there.that is a start..maybe i am way off...feel free to comment...maybe a cow will read this thread and it help them....just trying to help solve a major issue..

#2 j3k

j3k

Posted 27 June 2014 - 18:18

LF and BM 85 imo 

would be hard for new players to get to  85 let alone 100

so 85 IMO

fallen-sword-logo.jpg

I am a merchant. If I'm not ripping you off, then I'm not doing my job! ~Gomezkilla

#3 johnagod

johnagod

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 June 2014 - 18:25

My suggestion would be:

All crystalline gear under level 500 - 20 tokens each

All crystalline gear over level 500 - 30 tokens each

All quest items - 25 tokens

All components - 30 tokens

All potions (excluding the ones mentioned later) - 3 tokens each

Flinch 250, AM 250, Buff Master 200, Terrorize 200, LD 225 - 15 tokens each

Doubler 1000, Hidden Coffer 100, Cloak 100 - 25 tokens each

Librarian 300, LF 600, Conserve 250, Brew Master 300 - 70 tokens each

#4 Tastria

Tastria

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 27 June 2014 - 20:47

LF and BM 85 imo 

so 85 IMO

As things stand now, yes it would.  And why would we want to make it exceptionally easy? (or any kind of easy for that matter)

Give me a minute to set the stage for my reasoning.

First of all, Fallen Sword "IS" a game.  One that attracts a specific type of persons.  I don't think I'm going to get any argument on this point.

FS involves growing your character in whatever direction you choose.  No one is going to object if you become a leveler, a merchant, PvPer, and the list goes on of course.  Quite a few directions to choose from, and if you make combinations, you have even more.

Now we get to my reasoning.  The Arena "IS" an aspect of the game.  If we choose to make it "easy", and I know the word is loaded from a semantic standpoint, to acquire  "high level" rewards, ie. potions, then we should extend the logic to leveling, PvPing and the like.  It makes a slippery slope at best.

From my viewpoint, the game has gotten progressively easier over the  five years I've played.  And as a solo player for the first four years, I can speak with some experience. 

By all means, fine tune the prices.  But keep the objectives a challenge, realizing that this is Fallen Sword, not Candy Land.

#5 BraveKath

BraveKath

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:22

LF and BM 85 imo 

so 85 IMO

If it's easy, then there's no motivation to grow and improve and the better reward also becomes meaningless when they end up being worth only gold in the AH as they're so undervalued.

Overall I prefer Yodamus' valuation of items.  Johnagod makes a few good points, but one thing that stand out seeming over valued is Cloak 100.  

#6 Brinmoth

Brinmoth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:07

lets start with crystal - abrofos, aellos, drawfish, drawfen, ignaitus, alvars, luks, helmars, xerxes, phellans, di xias, torils, dwarf skin, thorsis, cadeyrns and nuadas all should stay around 20 tokens...maybe a little less

next, quest items- all except, bothild fire stones, icons of styx, boars tusks - these should all be around 10-15 tokens each

boars tusks, icons of styx, a little more 20-25 maybe, and fire stones around 40-50 tokens

rescources- all of them should be 10 tokens, to help players try and make invents

flinch, stout-hearted, entrench, enchant helm and boots, terrorize, counter attack, animal mag, death dealer, last ditch, hidden coffer- all these at 10 tokens

I think these are good ballpark figures to go with.

#7 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:29

CON250 should be around the same price (or lower) as DBL1000 because a lot of people can easily reach level 13 composing and create their own or buy directly from a guildmate who can make one (and at a fraction of the cost).

Other than that, all other prices seem reasonable.

Edited by Maj, 28 June 2014 - 04:30.

#8 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:24

cloak is actually mostly used by the arena players to prevent the copying of setups.

#9 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:41

I waited for the dust to settle before I commented :) In my opinion I believe there was a bit of "over reaction" to the token pricing of the  arena items by HCS.   It was like everyone ran into wal-mart demanding to pay higher prices. I can assure you I have spent more gold/FSP playing arena than 90% of the players in this game. I am loving the fact that I no longer have to play for items I do not want  or are virtually worthless to get a win.  Also I will like earning tokens for 2nd and 3rd place that is  a bonus as well. I would ask that the prices return to what they were or close to it and HCS introduce new higher priced items , such as potions and gear that are higher level. And those items then be priced accordingly ..   I can assure you .. you will get what you ask for!

aaron_paul_6.gif

Edited by bloody18, 28 June 2014 - 09:57.

#10 shindrak

shindrak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:59

I would like to suggest increase Token/Gold rate 4k seems too low... we used to play arena with  200k-500k gold rewards

It would help players to join arena if its worth changing tokens for gold

Edited by shindrak, 28 June 2014 - 09:59.

#11 podfog

podfog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:47

ok..someone has to start it out...so i will...please rememebr these are just suggestions to hopefully helps the cows out for pricing the arena token store, feel free to make your own suggestions..

there.that is a start..maybe i am way off...feel free to comment...maybe a cow will read this thread and it help them....just trying to help solve a major issue..

I generally agree, though I don't think bothilds should be valued higher than any other quest item. Bothild will balance itself out with its low inventing rate, and even if it doesn't, I don't believe it hurts anyone to have bothild's price the same as any other arena item's price.

#12 podfog

podfog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:50

I would like to suggest increase Token/Gold rate 4k seems too low... we used to play arena with  200k-500k gold rewards

It would help players to join arena if its worth changing tokens for gold

Definitely agree...I think the Token/Gold rate is too low as well.

One thing you have to realize though, is that HCS is unwilling to make the total token's worth output exceed the amount of gold input. To HCS, the arena is probably one of the biggest gold sinks out there. Ex: 8 token arena for 8 players, 10K arena cost, 8 to winner, 4 to runner up, 2 to the 3rd and 4th. Thats 16 tokens total, which is 64K gold's equivalent. HCS takes in 80K. The tradeoff to the runner up system is that no one person really earns much higher than the entrance fee, unless HCS decides to give out more than it receives in the arena.

• Maj likes this

#13 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 13:01

Please add a validation/prompt when buying gold using arena tokens. I mistakenly clicked the button and automatically got debited 1 token (yes it's stupid, but I was tired and lacked sleep). Would also be nice if you can set the number of tokens you want to exchange:

dy4qyg.jpg

Edited by Maj, 28 June 2014 - 13:22.

#14 Maj

Maj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 13:56

[ Deleted ]

Edited by Maj, 28 June 2014 - 14:06.

#15 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:45

thx everyone for giving thier input...cows come back soon hopefully real prices on the way

#16 ludwigo

ludwigo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:43

I think crystaline items and basic resources 20tokens its fine ....2000tokens for potions is too much .I will increase to 100-150 tokens for CON250 LIB 300 LF600 DBL 1000 and BM 300 rest of worth potion 50tokens or less

some potions should be deleted at all or for minimu prize like DD 40 , 100 HF 90 for max 5tokens

and moves should cost more 10tokens at least its nonsence that if you win one 80token worth arena you can buy all moves at once(11x2x3=66tokens)

Edited by ludwigo, 30 June 2014 - 09:10.

#17 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:47

I think crystaline items and basic resources 20tokens if fine ....2000tokens for potions is too much .I will increase to 100tokens for CON300 LF600 DBL 1000 and BREW master rest of worth potion s50tokens or less

some potions should be deleted at all

2000 tokens is merely a "placeholder" (as has been stated) whilst the cows work out the best pricing structure for each individual potion in the arena (as opposed to slapping the same price on 'em all).

Ideally, they should have done that with everything - as evidenced by the price crash on arena invented items over the last few days LOL.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#18 ludwigo

ludwigo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 18:36

but market crash with inventing items was predictable ..in fact player willl buy cheaper items much more cheaper for less fsp and will not buy so many fsp from HSC .....

#19 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:35

after seeing other suggestions and how things are going so far as to ease of getting tokens...most of my sugggested prices need to be raised by about 50% across the board...except those pots that can be bought via ah or pot bazaar..those need to stay really low..

#20 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 18:25

still no word from cows...when are the prices going to be fixed..been 1 week of holding tokens...ready to spend....agree with thought about some upgrades being able to do using tokens related to arena- bp slots, combat setups..move setups..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: