Photo

GvG and New Players.

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Poll: GvG and New Players. (143 member(s) have cast votes)

Should new players be exempt from GvG as they are in PvP?

1. Yes. (117 votes [83.57%])

Percentage of vote: 83.57%

2. No. (23 votes [16.43%])

Percentage of vote: 16.43%

If yes, at what level should they be introduced?

1. 25 (42 votes [29.79%])

Percentage of vote: 29.79%

2. 50 (54 votes [38.30%])

Percentage of vote: 38.30%

3. 75+ (29 votes [20.57%])

Percentage of vote: 20.57%

4. N/A (Chose 'No' for question 1.) (16 votes [11.35%])

Percentage of vote: 11.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 watagashi

watagashi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 22:02

To be sure there should be something,,, I mentioned a tutorial, to ease the new player into it and explain what its about and how it works BUT a lot of complaints come out about GvG and I though this was a great time to point out that there are always 2 sides to any story and many times just like pvp the "victim" claims to be attacked without provocation when many times there was a reason for it.

#122 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 22:27

I think people are really getting bent out of shape for nothing. The suggestion is not to eliminate gvg. Just give noobs a chance (and then farm them).

#123 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:18

some people don't want to give noobs a chance. Everyone went with the assumption that people care about new players. some just want to profit and smash them, maybe send a bragging message to them as well, : P

@grendel, lots of things could be added to the tutorial. but since the cows don't play the game enough .. its hard for them to know what to add. Titan hunting, gvging, pvping, pvp arena, and pvp ladder are all good topics they could add to the tutorial.

#124 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:18

is this a closed discussion now? or is GvG player level restriction still an option for the future of Fallen Sword? 

#125 paramore

paramore

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:40

HCS, PLEASE introduce the GvG just like the PvP Ladder, the guild must opt-in.  This means that there's gonna be a lot of conflict within the guild to rather opt-in or not, but it will protect guilds like mine, who are simply trying to focus on being established.  When they log in and see 2 pages of attack from guild conflict, it's a big concern on my guild chat.  That way, guilds can face guilds who want to PvP and leave the rest of us alone.  I think that's a great idea! : )

#126 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,129 posts
  • Australia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 03:43

HCS, PLEASE introduce the GvG just like the PvP Ladder, the guild must opt-in.  This means that there's gonna be a lot of conflict within the guild to rather opt-in or not, but it will protect guilds like mine, who are simply trying to focus on being established.  When they log in and see 2 pages of attack from guild conflict, it's a big concern on my guild chat.  That way, guilds can face guilds who want to PvP and leave the rest of us alone.  I think that's a great idea! : )

That'll never happen :)

The idea is to raise the gvg limit for players to Level 100 (ideally) to give them a chance to "bed-in" to the game and learn something before they get the "you know what" farmed out of 'em ...

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#127 michael65

michael65

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 17:22

GvG allows a player to:

1. see other players gear and compare to his/her own gear in combat.

2. see buffs PvPers use and compare buffs available to player.

3. analyze PvP combat through results in log (gear, enhancements, buffs, even shrines).

4. do all above for cost of durability repair.

Downside:

1. seems one's guild is always under attack.

2. seems attacking guild always have better buffs, gear, and shrines.

3. durability loss cost gold.

4. left with decision to level or GvG?

The game needs rp and GvGing is the way to get it. Thus, the problem.

#128 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 22:40

*cough*

#129 SgtWolf

SgtWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:28

Yes, I think NEW GAME PLAYERS need some protection and time to learn the Basics of the Game. 

Now a days, players can level faster than when this game started!  Even a year ago, players level slower.  Of course if someone PAYS for FSP, etc that will help.

Heck, I was running a Guild (Wolf & Eagle) by level 11, but the game was simple but then too.

So lets give them a small by nice cushion (in Time & Levels) to learn & start enjoying the game, before being BEAT UPON, plus GvG not only effects them but the whole Guild.

How about 50 Levels or 1 Month?  I think that is more than enough time to learn a few parts of the game, especially with MENTORING. 

Guardian Wolf of the Cross of Tortured Souls

#130 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 14:56

That'll never happen :)

The idea is to raise the gvg limit for players to Level 100 (ideally) to give them a chance to "bed-in" to the game and learn something before they get the "you know what" farmed out of 'em ...

If a cap is introduced, as you are suggesting, that cap will not only protect new players but any within it. A cap wont descriminate between new and old players but protect them all. So I don't see how a cap can be used to protect new players when it will do so much more.

An exemption from GvG for a certain period of time will protect only new players. And the whole idea behind this is to protect new players not all players below a certain level.....right?

Cheers.

wil72

Edited by wil72, 09 October 2013 - 14:57.

#131 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:38

The 100 minimum level would be the preferred option I'd think.

Not only does it protect the newer players from gvg onslaughts, it also discourages people from creating multi accounts and using those to populate their 'gvg guild'.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#132 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 16:49

How can you have a lvl 100 minimum cap, in fact how can you have a cap at all when it will include all players under it's umbrella and not just new players? This whole idea is to help " new " players not all players under a certain level.

The " multi " argument. Not a fan. It's up to HCS to weed these out. And it's up to Guilds who suspect they have been hit by them to report them. If nothing is done who's faults that?

Cheers.

wil72

#133 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 17:18

a level cap would give players something to work towards.. not something to wait for

The " multi " argument. Not a fan. It's up to HCS to weed these out. And it's up to Guilds who suspect they have been hit by them to report them. If nothing is done who's faults that?

even if you aren't a fan of the argument, it's a REAL problem.. and yes, it's up to HCS and the community to help weed them out. but rules/restrictions put forth from HCS could help squash them before they are much of a problem. 

a level 100 cap may seem extreme but it would be the best to help reduce those exploiting the system.

a time period would only limit cheaters on time, not effort.. and by the time they start putting in the effort, HCS and the community will hopefully of caught them BEFORE they exploited the GvG aspect..

..now i'm going to talk about your 'new player only protection' argument..  what if a person made an account and didn't log in again until the time period is up.. even though their account is 'mature' enough, they still might not understand the aspects of the game... then they get farmed at level 1 once they join a guild..

GvG protection isn't JUST about protecting New Players, it should also be about taking away the easy farming targets.. why are most GvGers low levels, because it's easy.. we shouldn't be handing easy RP to guilds who farm low level players. i don't think that is good for the overall game

a time limit doesn't cover every possibility for protection.. a level cap does.. 

#134 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 18:25

a level cap would give players something to work towards.. not something to wait for

even if you aren't a fan of the argument, it's a REAL problem.. and yes, it's up to HCS and the community to help weed them out. but rules/restrictions put forth from HCS could help squash them before they are much of a problem. 

a level 100 cap may seem extreme but it would be the best to help reduce those exploiting the system.

a time period would only limit cheaters on time, not effort.. and by the time they start putting in the effort, HCS and the community will hopefully of caught them BEFORE they exploited the GvG aspect..

..now i'm going to talk about your 'new player only protection' argument..  what if a person made an account and didn't log in again until the time period is up.. even though their account is 'mature' enough, they still might not understand the aspects of the game... then they get farmed at level 1 once they join a guild..

GvG protection isn't JUST about protecting New Players, it should also be about taking away the easy farming targets.. why are most GvGers low levels, because it's easy.. we shouldn't be handing easy RP to guilds who farm low level players. i don't think that is good for the overall game

a time limit doesn't cover every possibility for protection.. a level cap does.. 

I hear what you're saying jedi, I really do, but I'm sorry i just can't agree with you. A cap to level 100 with reference to multis just seems like a quick fix, a band aid if you will, to counter the " multi account " problem. If HCS and the players of FS actively pursued these accounts and when caught they were handed a complete termination of their accounts and by that i mean all accounts then this would be a bigger deterent than any level cap in GvG.

Can I ask, what player actually remains at level 1 if they join a Guild? With all the upgrades, additional stam and what not, most are whizzing past level 50 first day of joining. Come to think of it, haven't these additional upgrades in themselves not made farming new players much, much harder? It should, if that new player has used them and is supported by their Guild. If a new player joins a Guild and chooses not to level or take advantage of these additional upgrades I don't think they'll need to worry about GvG to much as they wont be in the Guild very long.

I'm sorry mate but this is just about new players. Using the muti threat and ease of farming of lower level players is just a way to justify a level cap. It's true, a lot who participate in GvG are lower level but as i mentioned before with the new upgrades available along with, lets say, a 3 week exemption from GvG a new player should be able to whizz past them and is likely not to be considered a GvG target by these players. Hey, you might even get a situation that the only targets these GvGers have is amongst themselves. ;)

Cheers.

wil72

#135 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 18:46

Can I ask, what player actually remains at level 1 if they join a Guild? With all the upgrades, additional stam and what not, most are whizzing past level 50 first day of joining. Come to think of it, haven't these additional upgrades in themselves not made farming new players much, much harder? It should, if that new player has used them and is supported by their Guild. If a new player joins a Guild and chooses not to level or take advantage of these additional upgrades I don't think they'll need to worry about GvG to much as they wont be in the Guild very long.

they make their account and log out.. they come back after their GvG protection is up.. they join a guild and get farmed right off the bat because they are an easy target.. tis another way for a multi account to 'sabotage' a guild or even make a fake 4 player guild that can easily be farmed.. no work is put into this cheat, they just have to wait it out.

maybe guilds won't take certain new players because they don't have GvG protection anymore and the guilds themselves don't want to be easily farmed.. could take one refusal to deter a player from playing.. could this be a one in a million case? sure but still a possibility *shrugs*

NO MATTER WHAT a level cap of 25 should be put into place.. it shouldn't be possible for a level 25 player to farm a level 1 player.. 

Edited by RebornJedi, 09 October 2013 - 18:47.

#136 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 19:38

they make their account and log out.. they come back after their GvG protection is up.. they join a guild and get farmed right off the bat because they are an easy target.. tis another way for a multi account to 'sabotage' a guild or even make a fake 4 player guild that can easily be farmed.. no work is put into this cheat, they just have to wait it out.

maybe guilds won't take certain new players because they don't have GvG protection anymore and the guilds themselves don't want to be easily farmed.. could take one refusal to deter a player from playing.. could this be a one in a million case? sure but still a possibility *shrugs*

NO MATTER WHAT a level cap of 25 should be put into place.. it shouldn't be possible for a level 25 player to farm a level 1 player.. 

We're talking about " multis " now rather than protecting new players. So a cap in GvG would kill 2 birds with 1 stone...right? Yes, it might. But what about those genuine low level GvGers that are within an imposed cap and can no longer GvG. They would have lost the part of the game they enjoy at the level they enjoy playing it at through no fault of their own. The cap would be imposed to try and eradicate the " multi " and to hell with their enjoyment. :(

I mentioned a GvG exemption of around 3 weeks, wouldn't a new player be a reasonable level by this time? With the upgrades now available to them. As they're asking to join a Guild at a higher level I'd hope that would make acceptance easier, GvG protected or not. But hey, your right, who knows.

Level 25 cap. Believe it or not, I'd go with this. :)

Cheers.

wil72

#137 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 20:05

as with the change that made it necessary for at least 2 players to split all the attacks, the community will adapt.. some willingly, some stubbornly :P 

once and if the change is made to put a level cap - they will need to level up to be able to GvG. is it fair? *shrugs* it is, if its for the well being of the game as a whole.. especially since this would affect a small percentage of the game's population but will be for the best in the long run

We're talking about " multis " now rather than protecting new players. So a cap in GvG would kill 2 birds with 1 stone...right? Yes, it might. 

if 2 things could be solved by one change.. think it might be worth a shot.

risks need to be taken for this game to evolve.. HCS just needs to decide if the risk is worth the reward.

#138 wil72

wil72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 20:40

as with the change that made it necessary for at least 2 players to split all the attacks, the community will adapt.. some willingly, some stubbornly :P

once and if the change is made to put a level cap - they will need to level up to be able to GvG. is it fair? *shrugs* it is, if its for the well being of the game as a whole.. especially since this would affect a small percentage of the game's population but will be for the best in the long run

if 2 things could be solved by one change.. think it might be worth a shot.

risks need to be taken for this game to evolve.. HCS just needs to decide if the risk is worth the reward.

Now that you mention the team GvG requirement.....no, must not go there. :P

In your opinion a cap will be good for the well being of the game, I don't share that sentiment nor do i believe it. I'll go back to what i stated earlier. A cap should not be imposed to GvG if it is primarily to prevent " multi " account abuse. And I suspect it's actually more to do with that than protect new players. I've already mentioned how I think they should be dealt with. A cap is not a real solution to this problem.

Small percentage effected. There is no need for anyone to be affected if a GvG exemption period is introduced.

And I do know how a cap would evolve mate, lvl 50, then lvl 100, then lvl 200 and on and on...... ;)

Cheers.

wil72

#139 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 21:05

How about reward more RP based on level of target? Kinda like the frags? If the cows were to do that, I would become a popular and easy target but I deserve it for wearing stam set. And no sweat off my back since I understand the risk/reward. The problem is the devaluation of the RP items however. Just a thought! Skewer it, I dare you!

#140 MummRa

MummRa

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:42

I definetly think there should be some kind of protection, but the protection I would be looking for hasn't been mentioned.  What if you can only particpate in GvG (ie attack or be a target) if you at least have a Bronze Guild Loyalty Medal.  I know there are "professional GvGers" and "travelers" who may not like this idea.  But anything that has an effect on the guild, I feel should be tied to loyal members.  It only takes 30 days to get the Bronze Medal become a part of a guild before you participate in GvG

Edited by MummRa, 10 October 2013 - 02:03.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: