huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:05

Heya!

I recently picked up the Templar buff, Inspiration. The tooltip states:

"Inspired reduces all damage taken by 10%."

However, while testing on a few monsters, it seems like the Inspired buff only reduces damage by 5%, not 10% as stated in the tooltip.

Testing on level 27 Scarab with no armor equipped(0 defense, 0% defense):

Damage taken without Inspiration, but with Conviction 2/2(4% damage reduction) = 114 damage

Damage taken with Inspiration and Conviction 2/2 = 108 damage

Base damage of monster roughly calculated at ~119 damage (119*0.96 = ~114)

Approximate damage % reduction of Inspiration if reduction is multiplicative = 5% (119*0.96*0.95 = ~108)

Approximate damage % reduction of Inspiration if reduction is additive = 5% (119*0.91 = ~108)

Testing on level 28 Garai Shambler with no armor equipped(0 defense, 0% defense):

Damage taken without Inspiration, but with Conviction 2/2(4% damage reduction) = 181 damage

Damage taken with Inspiration and Conviction 2/2 = 171 damage

Base damage of monster roughly calculated at ~189 damage (189*0.96 = ~181)

Approximate damage % reduction of Inspiration if reduction is multiplicative = slightly above 5% (189*0.96*0.95 = ~172)

Approximate damage % reduction of Inspiration if reduction is additive = 5% (189*0.91 = 171.99)

Obviously, without exact values and formulas, and without knowing how the game rounds damage to the nearest damage number, this math is not completely precise. However, there is enough of a discrepancy to suggest that the Inspired buff only reduces damage by about 5%, rather than the 10% stated on the tooltip.

Therefore, my question is, is Inspiration not correctly reducing damage by the correct amount, or is the tooltip wrong and Inspiration only supposed to reduce damage by 5% instead of 10%?

Also, if other people with experience using the Inspired buff have any information to contribute, or could shed some light on why the numbers don't match the buff, that would be very helpful also!

Cheers

-hb

#2 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:00

After being approached by huhbum to help test this I can confirm with similar results that we're only getting roughly 5% of our Inspiration buff and not the full 10% as it states we should be getting.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#3 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:49

It appears that inspiration does 5% damage reduction, I will update the tooltip to match the correct value.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: