#1 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:00

Mmk so everyone knows foraging doesn't have a processing function.. You just pick berries and what not then chuck some in a bottle then poof you got a potion. Anyone who has even remotely started foraging knows how slows it can be so why not give it a processing function like prospecting?

Currently with prospecting you mine the ore you mine the coal you buy some flux then you hit the forge. Not only did you get prospecting experience from mining all that coal and copper but you also get it for each bar you make.

Now with foraging there is no processing function so you miss out on that extra xp from processing which is why it goes so slow. So why not give foraging a processing function? The way it could potentially work is you gather the materials similar to prospecting you grind your jootberries and your swamp fungus and your apples etc. with a mortar and pestle creating powders and such. BAM! processing done take your ground up berries and fungus add em to your alchemy bottles and you got yourself some potions.

That is all. :)

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#2 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:05

very much supported. even with a gathering booster foraging cant come close to keeping up with majority of other gathering skills not being exp boosted. soon as you hit 16 you have to rotate maps for different mats. which is very different from other skills

lvl 16 forestry they rotate spawns close,bronze can easily think of 3 locations you can mass mine bronze right next to each other so prospecting there,fishing spawns are pretty close for tuna and bass, skinning just mob aoe and skin as soon as you kill,cc pretty close to one another in some locations.farming you don't move at all, foraging you have to go around the world for good gathering just for individual mats.

maybe the fruit processing could be called hydrocooling(rl processing type for fruits) 

or another rl fruit processing =

LIQUEFACTION 

Edited by HuMoR, 12 December 2013 - 11:09.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#3 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 13:57

Since 5 of the 7 gathering professions have this feature, I would like to see it implemented across the board.

As HuMoR suggested, for foraging this could involve creating a liquid or pulp and for fishing it could involve removing the meat from the bone or creating strips of meat etc. Sorry to broaden the topic, but I think each skill should be on even footing.  :)

#4 Xero

Xero

Lead Artist

• Hunted Cow Staff
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:08

It's a very valid point you guys make.

Fishing, Foraging, Crop Farming and Meat Skinning all don't have the middle step. They all lead to the Cooking and Alchemy crafting professions. They all fall under the same bracket, in that they make consumables, so it's balanced across the board in this respect. If you look at the middle step professions, they all lead to creating equipment.

I can't quite remember the reasoning behind excluding the middle step for the consumables bracket, but I think the complexity of the Cooking and Alchemy recipes was a key factor. Of course, as you mentioned, the down side is you miss out on the extra, "faster", xp (although Farming and Skinning has the equipment side of them to compensate).

My only real solution would be to slightly increase the amount of items a Fishing or Foraging node holds, and reduce the amount gained per 'take' action. This means more actions per node visit, giving xp more quickly. I could also speed up the actions to save some time.

Iain Mair
Lead Artist, Eldevin

#5 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:11

I would happily settle for that in all honesty. I find it very very time consuming when making potions lvl 8-24 and having to just map rotate after map rotate for less exp then other gathering skills. If the whole team is willing to agree on that and implement that i'm sure myself and many others would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this thread.

Edited by HuMoR, 12 December 2013 - 18:15.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#6 Krydrax

Krydrax

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:16

For me the only thing would be if they added processing to forage, or even cooking, they would drop the exp per gather leaving people forced to process to get good exp.  I guess I must be part of the extreme minority that finds no problem lvling forage at all. I am pretty content with the forage exp and not having to process the materials to either use or sell is a huge plus.  I mean either way I will continue to forage, i just may be more inclined to rush now that people want it changed.

Edited by Krydrax, 12 December 2013 - 18:17.

#7 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:23

krydrax,when looking at it all together other gathering skills level almost 2x faster. (prospecting,farming,skinning,crystal cutting)
i'm not saying all skills should be fast to do,i'm just saying that all skills should be even in how much time and money you have to  put into them. those listed above you don't have to put into travel time and some of those where you don't have to travel you can even get more exp for processing. higher you go in foraging/alchemy less convenient it is to do. have to run around each map multiple times to make 10 potions and at less exp then majority of the other gathering.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#8 Krydrax

Krydrax

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:34

Im guessing forage gets worse after tier 3? I guess evening things out wouldn't hurt; some of them might me just a tad too fast(skinning gives such high exp per skinning action+per leather craft), just might take a bit of trial and error. Only thing i can figure is that they wanted forage(and cooking) to be very simple due to potions and food being a general need for all characters. Ultimately anything that makes a gathering/crafting process run more smoothly in and way is good in my book.

What Xero suggested with an action speed up would be fantastic for all gatherings especially fishing which feels so slow after enjoying fishing in other games. 

Edited by Krydrax, 12 December 2013 - 18:35.

#9 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:40

Slowest skill's to lvl is WC , Tier 1 Pryn wood log's  take so log gather as well most time spread out, Tier 2 alot better but just geting to lvl 16 , take longer then Gathering as usly have more around gather even if not some thing wont.

bulk of exp is in prossing of log's with sap, Sap ratio is bit off!

1000 log's 400 sap

not sure if this right  usly be off around 100 - 150 sap

Simlure to crystal cuting but think ratio some what better then Wood / Sap ratio.

Simlure mean to Hide/skin ratio , skinning lvl 2 pig's: 1000 Hide/350/400 skin  with atleast 200 or hide's end up npcing.

Not sure meant be this way off set cost of 2 nd mat's!

thought for forestery - wc , Think should increase sap ratio.

Gathering not to bad as many node's around you as you go about most time not what need or wont to gather but many node's around gather one after another.

inceased yelled gain would be usefull even at lower exp gain, Help alot in long run but at same time keep at ruffly same exp rate as it is now!

Full node gain 100 exp hopfully stay at 100 exp fullnode clear!

10 - 12 per node / 100 exp gained full clear.

incease yelled 15 - 20 / still end up with 100 exp

Edited by redsmokeboy, 12 December 2013 - 18:54.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#10 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:48

smoke,at lithistles it becomes really fast

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#11 Krydrax

Krydrax

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:58

I might try to lvl Forestry again, i just hate having to process to get half decent xp.  A simple increase to 25xp per chop from 1-16 would be enough, doubt it will happen but would get me more into the T1 forestry game.

#12 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 18:59

Tier 2 alot better but just geting to lvl 16 , take longer then Gathering as usly have more around gather even if not some thing wont.

Reaad this bit stated that Tier 2 is faster, Going from tier 1 is slowest of skill's start lvling.

make up for slow gan at tier 1 at Tier 2.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 12 December 2013 - 19:01.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#13 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:02

Reaad this bit stated that Tier 2 is faster, Going from tier 1 is slowest of skill's start lvling.

agreed,forestry is slowest at t1 but t2 it becomes one of the fastest,not t3 yet so wouldn't know about that.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#14 Krydrax

Krydrax

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:05

I would think T1 fishing is slower due to the slow as molasses animation+action time.  Neither fishing or forestry are too fun to lvl imo, but at least u can cook the fish.

Edited by Krydrax, 12 December 2013 - 19:06.

#15 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:13

fishing isn't all that slow,the spots are all relatively close.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#16 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:13

I am looking at the imbalance in foraging/alchemy themselves. My foraging is 10 and my alchemy is 9. I spent 15 minutes gathering today and if I use the 200 or so items I managed to collect, my alchemy will be higher than my foraging. The craft skill should never raise before the corresponding gathering skill... By eliminating the "preparation" item from foraging there is a knock on imbalance created where alchemy is the easiest crafting skill to raise. Also the most profitable from what I can see as at tier 2, the bottle cost 50c and a crafted bottle can be sold back to the vendor for 58c. No other crafting skill is profitable when selling to the vendor due to coin spent preparing items (at least not on such a low tier). 

Xero while I appreciate possibly boosting the XP gained per action, please don't increase the amount of items per node or it will over power an already broken craft  :blink:

Edited by JQuan, 12 December 2013 - 19:16.

#17 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:23

I am looking at the imbalance in foraging/alchemy themselves. My foraging is 10 and my alchemy is 9. I spent 15 minutes gathering today and if I use the 200 or so items I managed to collect, my alchemy will be higher than my foraging. The craft skill should never raise before the corresponding gathering skill... By eliminating the "preparation" item from foraging there is a knock on imbalance created where alchemy is the easiest crafting skill to raise. Also the most profitable from what I can see as at tier 2, the bottle cost 50c and a crafted bottle can be sold back to the vendor for 58c. No other crafting skill is profitable when selling to the vendor due to coin spent preparing items (at least not on such a low tier). 

Xero while I appreciate possibly boosting the XP gained per action, please don't increase the amount of items per node or it will over power an already broken craft  :blink:

while I support what you say,i dont really feel that its broken. there really isn't any advantage to having higher alch then foraging,and its easy to say we will all be using alch even after we max it out.the  problem isnt alchemy its foraging. you get stuck 3-4 lvls behind or more from alchemy and you're able to craft the potions but not able to gather the items to make them. either way xero plans to or does fix it it will just be the same problem,but we will be able to get to the next tier slightly faster and not have to rotate maps as much.

Edited by HuMoR, 12 December 2013 - 19:24.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#18 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:24

Update:

Gather 1 swamp fungus node / Gain for full clear 10 - 12 Swamp fungus
Yell you some thing like 100 exp

Gather 1 swamp fungus increased yelled 15 - 20 per node

at same time still end up with 100 exp

Increased yell , end up with same base exp.

take 5 click's per clear!

base 20 exp per click!

Lower Per click increase per node yelled to 10 click's for clear.

10 exp per click at same time geting base exp as before.

Gaining more yelled still geting same amount of exp.

Edited by redsmokeboy, 12 December 2013 - 19:36.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

#19 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:27

not sure what you're trying to say smoke?

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#20 RISDMAC

RISDMAC

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
  • Badge
  • Ireland

Posted 12 December 2013 - 19:44

while I support what you say,i dont really feel that its broken. there really isn't any advantage to having higher alch then foraging,and its easy to say we will all be using alch even after we max it out.the  problem isnt alchemy its foraging. you get stuck 3-4 lvls behind or more from alchemy and you're able to craft the potions but not able to gather the items to make them. either way xero plans to or does fix it it will just be the same problem,but we will be able to get to the next tier slightly faster and not have to rotate maps as much.

"Broken" is possibly a strong word, but it does have an unfair advantage over the other crafting professions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: