#1 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:25

THvrioK.jpg

Crafter Signatures:  Add a "Crafted by <name>" line to rare and heroic player-made equipment.

Item Inscriptions: A limited (40 characters?) area for a message to be inscribed on rare and heroic player-made equipment.  Possibly requires a "chisel" item to be bought for gold or EP in the Shop.

Player Inspection: Added to the right-click menu is an option to inspect selected player.  This would bring up the equipment half of character panel for the selected player.  Mousing-over their equipment would display any socketed gems, Crafter Signatures, or Item Inscriptions.

Spoiler

Edited by Loaf, 18 December 2013 - 01:41.

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#2 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge
  • Australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:30

Aww shucks you made me blush. <3

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#3 Removed6222

Removed6222

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:42

Haha. Lots of great ideas coming forward!  I have a weapons shop, so would be very interested in adding that I  made it, and inscribing weapon with what the buyer wishes.

#4 sapphirewolf

sapphirewolf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 16:07

good idea and maybe let the player name the item as well but then some players get a little creative with names.

#5 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2013 - 00:29

Added "Player Inspections" as otherwise no one but the item owner would be able to see the crafter signature and inscription.

#6 Kedyn

Kedyn

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 17 December 2013 - 16:19

I like the idea of  being able to check out other players equipment and the crafting signature. I'm not sure if the inscription is necessary, but I like all of the ideas +1 Loaf :) 

#7 Zixxus

Zixxus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 23:00

The possibilities of item names are endless. In other MMO's I loved walking about and getting a random message saying"Hey, I'm using swords you made" Makes me smile especially if I'm not the one that sold it to them.

I'm working to be a Jack of All Trades. If you need something gathered, let me know. I won't charge much for gathering it because I'm raising my skills anyway. For farming, though, I need you to buy the compost, scarecrows, etc.. /w me anytime and i'll gather for you as long as i'm not gathering for someone else at the time. (US server)

#8 BigglesVII

BigglesVII

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Badge

Posted 17 December 2013 - 23:05

Great Idea, I like this alot :P

axb0k3.png

huhbum: "The best way to offer constructive feedback is to shelve one's tears, put away the caps lock button, and provide a response in a mature, organized, and respectful manner."

#9 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:54

With the recent update Crafter Signatures and Item Inscriptions would now be visible to more than just the owner.  As a weaponsmith, these are two features that would take crafting to the next level and further retain my interest.

I suppose they could both be considered premium features and require purchases in the cash shop.  As the crafter I could rationalize paying for a walking advertisement.

Item Inscriptions would likely expand the gifting market.  Currently, it is a very rare occurance when I am approached to craft a weapon that is to be given as a gift.

These definitely aren't gamebreaking issues or anything, but would certainly improve upon an already enjoyable crafting system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: