Photo

ranger build that seems to work

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 daawesomeone

daawesomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 00:00

so im posting this to help new players or new people to rangers

first of this is the build i have (if any pros have  a better one feel free)

http://talenttheory....H1I1K1L2N2Q1V1/

and otherwise full ranged

Edited by daawesomeone, 23 December 2016 - 00:05.

Me a noob? After 2 years and 3 chars no way. What me be sarcastic? Of course not :) 

daawsomeone - ranger lvl 49

awsassin - assassin lvl 17

da_docter - prophet lvl 49

da_wall  - Templar lvl 49

SliceAndHiest - Warsin lvl 25

#2 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:47

You spread the points too widely. Should focus to max out only the couple abilities that are most useful and best for your game style. + you wont be needing 3 different stun/snare abilities, because mobs/players will be immune against CC after the first one. There wont even be time to use them all until battle is over (with the regular mobs or pk fights, since ranger focuses on ending battles fast)

Also: You do not have Exit Wound, so why spend points on barbed tip. As mentioned before, dont spread them too hard or you will end up with multiple ineffective abilities.

Edited by SagaTeller, 24 December 2016 - 06:48.

BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#3 malaggar

malaggar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:53

Here is my Full Ranger PvE Build:

Attribute Points - Ranged 98

http://talenttheory....F2H1K1L2N2Q1V1/

If you are planning on doing allot of soloing max out the wolf and when you hit l45 respec to what I have in the table.

I have been using this set-up for some time now and it works really well.

Hope this helps someone.

You've come to the edge of the map, Here be Dragons

#4 Ponylicious

Ponylicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 18:51

Here is my Full Ranger PvE Build:

Attribute Points - Ranged 98

http://talenttheory....F2H1K1L2N2Q1V1/

If you are planning on doing allot of soloing max out the wolf and when you hit l45 respec to what I have in the table.

I have been using this set-up for some time now and it works really well.

Hope this helps someone.

Not really playing anymore, but your build is very flawed.

Here is mine: http://talenttheory....D1F2G2I1K1L2V1/

Reasons why it's flawed:

- Steady Aim is useless at higher level because your accuracy would be over 100% against lv 49 and 50 mobs already.

- If you want to contribute a lot of DPS in dungeon, you -need- Torrent on low cd at all time so that you could use it frequently. More crit = more dps.

- The Dual-Wield Mastery from Assassin is mandatory because of how much dps it gives.

- Max Volley for mana, because if you aren't using all of your mana all the time then you have a problem.

- Solo wise, just have Concealed (lv 40 assassin skill) on when you lure, group them up together, Monsoon then Creeping Vines, then either Storm or a combo of Detonate -> Tornado -> Napalm -> Detonate would finish the job. 

- Haemorhage is only used as a debuff to boost your damage, so no points having it apply damage on contact at all, because you're not going to use it every time it's off cooldown. And its mana:damage ratio is terrible.

- Call Of The Wild is unimportant, especially in dungeon. You don't want to steal aggro from your tank.

- Wild Instinct is like a free glimmer emerald. Not worth 2 points.

- Celestial Recall is one of the most important skill of Ranger, for escape, catching up and positioning.

- Life steal from Blood Link is very negligible. You'll be relying more on your HP and Stamina pots anyway.

"In a world full of idiots, it is better to have more following you and less against you. But if you find another smart person and have them join you, even at the cost of the rest of the world going against you, just do it. Just do it."

zusmCdf.png

#5 malaggar

malaggar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 21:11

My Ranger Build is not flawed for my play style, you cannot say that while you don't know my equipment set up and gem list.

Fist off my ranger runs off having a decent Crit instead of a high DPS for a lowered Aggro reduction and also has a Haste for increased ability cool down.  I see that the build that you reckon that every Ranger should have is built for PvP not as a PvE, I would all so like to add that my build is a full class build not a halfbreed.

You are entitled to your opinion but so am I and everyone else.

Edited by malaggar, 11 January 2017 - 21:12.

#6 Ponylicious

Ponylicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:21

My Ranger Build is not flawed for my play style, you cannot say that while you don't know my equipment set up and gem list.

Fist off my ranger runs off having a decent Crit instead of a high DPS for a lowered Aggro reduction and also has a Haste for increased ability cool down.  I see that the build that you reckon that every Ranger should have is built for PvP not as a PvE, I would all so like to add that my build is a full class build not a halfbreed.

That build I linked is nowhere near PvP style. By the time you get lv 49 gears + either ASV weapons or Infernal gears, your DPS would be high anyway. Even if it's just lv 45 gears, you can still get lots of crits. In no way should you even be worrying about lowering your own aggro if the tank knows what he's doing. As for full class, having only 3-5 points in Assassin doesn't mean that it's half breed. Ask Atlantean, one of the best Rangers out there. If anything, I would say your playstyle is flawed.

And so that, if your skill bar is nothing like this, you're just wasting potentials. https://forums.hunte...=73922&p=958467

Edited by Ponylicious, 12 January 2017 - 09:34.

"In a world full of idiots, it is better to have more following you and less against you. But if you find another smart person and have them join you, even at the cost of the rest of the world going against you, just do it. Just do it."

zusmCdf.png

#7 Steve1973

Steve1973

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:36

My Ranger Build is not flawed for my play style.

True everyone has their own personal setup and style. I feel there is no wrong style if what they have works for them and gets the results they want.

Agreed, we all have different oppinions and are entitled to them. It is nice to see players suggesting their own ideas and experiences, but they are suggestions, so everyone else can get ideas of alternate options open to them and can pick bits from here and there, if they want to, that may enhance their own setups.

In a couple of months time, there may be a completely different approach and setup no one has thought of that we all may switch to.

You never know, in that time, I may even finally finish creating something different than a sorc based setup on one of my many alts laugh.png

When in doubt. Blame lag ;)

#8 malaggar

malaggar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 16:41

Putting points into another class is classed as multi-classing not pure class, why should we all have the same set-ups we are not robots or sheep  we are individuals and our toons reflect that choice, while you are entitled to your opinion you seem to think that others should adhere to your way of thinking this makes you flawed just like the rest of us.  Chill out and remember it is just a game and there is no right or wrong way to get things done in game.

#9 Ponylicious

Ponylicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 19:37

Putting points into another class is classed as multi-classing not pure class, why should we all have the same set-ups we are not robots or sheep  we are individuals and our toons reflect that choice, while you are entitled to your opinion you seem to think that others should adhere to your way of thinking this makes you flawed just like the rest of us.  Chill out and remember it is just a game and there is no right or wrong way to get things done in game.

The OP asked for a pro build. It's fine to keep your opinion to yourself, but when someone put their mind to make perhaps one of the very few most efficient builds, don't keep clinging to your inferior one and even try to justify whether it's good or not. I would rather be a robot and make sure I do my work the best I could, than to be something half-assed and inefficient.

As for the points part, ask anyone who've been playing for a long time how they define what multi-classing is. A mage getting 5 points from prophet to get extra haste is not a mageproph. A ranger who put 9 points in assassin tree to use Haste buff and extra dodge is classified as a rangersin. 

Edited by Ponylicious, 12 January 2017 - 19:47.

zusmCdf.png

#10 malaggar

malaggar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 20:44

Go online and look up the term multi-classing!  I see that I have been playing this game longer than you, also on a side note I have been playing RPG's since before you were still sucking on your mama's mammary gland, but hey you said I don't know anything. Good luck with life PvPer.

#11 Ponylicious

Ponylicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 20:52

Go online and look up the term multi-classing!  I see that I have been playing this game longer than you, also on a side note I have been playing RPG's since before you were still sucking on your mama's mammary gland, but hey you said I don't know anything. Good luck with life PvPer.

- Argumentum ad hominem – the claim that a position is incorrect or an argument invalid because of something not about the position but about the person taking it.

- Anecdotal fallacy – using a personal experience or examples to extrapolate without a statistically significant number of cases that could form compelling evidence.

- Appeal to authority – where an assertion is deemed true because of the position or authority of the person asserting it.

- Moral high ground fallacy – in which one assumes a "holier-than-thou" attitude in an attempt to make oneself look good to win an argument.

The tone you're using to defend yourself is just disappointing and pathetic. I've already brought up points, and instead of trying to tell the advantages and disadvantages of your build, you ended up being a stubborn fool.

Playing this game longer doesn't make you any better if you don't bother putting effort to be better. If you want to bring personal experience into this, before I installed and played TF2 for the first time, because from the lack of a good PC to actually run it, I actually spent time looking up about the game, how the mechanics work, etc. When I started playing, I'm confident that I'm above 80% of the player base in term of skill, and even joined a competitive team after 2 months playing. So please, don't speak to me about experiences when you are the one to rely on time instead of effort.

I have nothing else to say, have a good day.

Edited by Ponylicious, 12 January 2017 - 21:13.

zusmCdf.png

#12 Ponylicious

Ponylicious

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 21:02

Btw, I looked up multi-classing.

From DnD, which is a very well known RPG, states that:

"A character may add new classes as he or she progresses in level, thus becoming a multiclass character. The class abilities from a character’s different classes combine to determine a multiclass character’s overall abilities. Multiclassing improves a character’s versatility at the expense of focus."

- In other to be a multiclass character, in case of Eldevin, the talents of the secondary class must be contributing to an ability of said secondary class. Eg. extra Sear duration from Warrior tree even though you're an Assassin is already enough to classify it as a sinwar.

- No where in the description says anything about having pure stat gain would make your character multiclass. Rangers are bound to be dual-wielding, having +dps from dual-wielding is only true to the class. Therefore, "Multiclassing improves a character’s versatility at the expense of focus" does not apply because you're still improving the main class' potential and not upgrading any secondary skillset.

A full ranger build is not recommended because some talents are just not worth putting points in (eg. Stealth Shot, Steady Aim, Concussion if you're PvE, Blood Link, Wild Instincts, Call Of The Wild and its upgrades if you're high level).

Edited by Ponylicious, 12 January 2017 - 21:14.

zusmCdf.png

#13 daawesomeone

daawesomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 00:02

haven't check forums in a while didn't mean to spark this much a argument

Me a noob? After 2 years and 3 chars no way. What me be sarcastic? Of course not :) 

#14 daawesomeone

daawesomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 00:13

so what i think of these from my experience

pony's build

I love those stuns you took out and am very confused why creeping vines they do no damage are only a snare so bad for PvE and not sure the use in PvP

malag's build

I am confused by the exit wound which i realize isn't very good also why blood link and not blood trail also I agree no rapid fire is concerning also why 3 steady aim

I think ill take what I like from both and make the best I can figure out

Edited by daawesomeone, 21 February 2017 - 00:15.

#15 daawesomeone

daawesomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 00:20

alight I've made it

http://TalentTheory....G2H1I1K1L2Q1V1/

if anyone else would like to assist and make a suggestion that would be great and if any new rangers would like to use this build also great

#16 daawesomeone

daawesomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:56

actually I have changed my build since  this post its 

http://TalentTheory....H1I1K1L2N2Q1V1/

just minus the wolf and 1 volley and both are in wild instinct

Edited by daawesomeone, 21 February 2017 - 01:57.

#17 SagaTeller

SagaTeller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 10:44

actually I have changed my build since this post its

http://TalentTheory....H1I1K1L2N2Q1V1/

just minus the wolf and 1 volley and both are in wild instinct

You dont need more than 1 stun in your build. Immunity takes care of it so focus on keeping just one cc in your build
BUYING ALL EP 6G/ea. Huge amounts of gold. Also buying all high level gear, gems and rares with gold. Will not run out of gold so your offer is always priority. Buying everything.

Head to: https://forums.hunte...showtopic=75969For more information!

-Gold Mine team.

#18 Sacrier

Sacrier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 02:32

http://talenttheory....D1F2G2I1K1L2V1/

So pony's build but with 2 points to cruel barbs which makes black fang a stronger ability helps with single target bosses

#19 Elrog

Elrog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 18:39

There is a lot of bad advice in this thread. Here is a build I would recommend for someone who wants to focus solely on DPS'ing dungeons. It is not optimal for solo content or pvp.

http://TalentTheory....v3B1F2K1L2N2V1/

The Steady Aim talent is entirely statistically useless for any max level character except one time a year which is killing the level 52 frost dragon at the Christmas event. This talent shouldn't be used.

Mana is a huge limiting factor in dealing damage. Volley should be fully talented.

Eagle eye is a must have (unless someone else in the group already has it). It allows each member of the group to do more damage and is worth getting even for solo content.

Exit wound is definitely worth getting. Haemorrhage is too good of an ability to not use. You may as well do damage when you are going to spend time doing it anyway. The damage increase from exit wound is worth the points.

Rapid fire to reduce the cooldown on torrent is a useless talent and a waste of points. If you calculate out the average percent increase in direct damage output from the crit chance gained, it isn't worth using one out of every 15 seconds to increase your crit chance when you can spend that second doing more damage. Torrent should not be used in place of doing damage. It should be used at a time when you can't do damage anyway, such as before the Tank generates enough threat to hold agro. A few things to not are that with a higher crit chance, the average percent increase in direct damage from adding 15% crit chance will go down, making this an even worse talent choice. This is a complete waste of points.

If your goal is to be solely a DPS for dungeons, you do not need any stuns or snares and the healing on blood fang is fairly negligible. Celestial recall also is not needed in dungeons. These talents can help for solo content though. Whether you get them is your call depending on what you want to do.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: