12 replies to this topic

#1 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:53

a report button is very much needed in world chat like in FS .

main reason is because due to the increase in number of players , some of the players get very personal and start using abusive words badly and then they just dont stop .

i killed someone in TA and was gonna return the resources but that guy immediately started telling me to "Go away" in world chat repeatedly in capital letters again and again and what could i do about this , best was to ignore him though i wanted to report him i couldnt ... so this button would be very nice.

Edited by BigGrim, 08 December 2014 - 13:57.
No swearing please.

#2 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:36

Hi there.

A report button is certainly on our radar and something we want to implement. In the meantime, I would urge you to submit a support ticket reporting this kind of behavior. Please include the name of the character in question, the server it occurred on and roughly what time it happened.

#3 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:54

Gzwb2KY.png

Be careful what you wish for it might just come true :)

#4 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2014 - 13:15

I definitely agree with this, there's way too much guttertalk in chat these days, because of this, i log on once a day for maybe an hour to say 'hello' to friends, it's too much hassle to submit a ticket about the offenders as i have to minimise window to take a screenie (screenshot in full screen is just a black screen) open paint, past, crop and/or underline, save, open ticket, find screenie and attach screenie to ticket post :(

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#5 Rydner

Rydner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 December 2014 - 21:04

Support

I just take a screenshot and submit a ticket since that's the only option right now.. It's really nice that the devs get back to me by the next business day though.

@Fizban, Have you tried taking screenshots by binding a key to the screenshot setting? I've had to do that since the PrntScn button with Paint usually messes up when I take screenshots in Eldevin. A link to the screenshot folder will pop up in the general chat window and you just have to click on it to open the folder. 

Edited by Rydner, 02 December 2014 - 21:05.

27 Crystal Cutting | 19 Fishing | 40 Forestry | 43 Skinning | 21 Farming | 34 Foraging | 35 Prospecting | 42 Alchemy | 36 Cooking | 22 LeatherWorking | 25 WeaponSmithing | 20 ArmorSmithing | 20 Jewelry | 16 Tailoring

I am normally on the Zephyr server. Feel free to PM me in-game or on the forums if you need something.

#6 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 00:05

I've had to do that since the PrntScn button with Paint usually messes up when I take screenshots in Eldevin

i've had problems with paint

but if you don't have paint maximised and just make it bigger with the corners it 'sort of' plays nice

#7 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 December 2014 - 17:33

just as i made this topic and told it in world chat on US server some guy called me a retard and told me to not look at world chat if i cant take it ... out of emotions on this one 

and its good to know that this button is on ur radar .

earlier we looked at world chat for fun or to look for group or to sell some stuff now all these are missing and the only thing going on is trash talk mostly ...

now i have a few guys on ignore list and as such i can see some guy talking to him which appears he is talking to himself only ... lol

#8 redsmokeboy

redsmokeboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 03 December 2014 - 22:50

agree with faster why report. Many time i would report but take to long minize game get screen add to support tiket so forth just to much of hassle.

Frog - Archer - lvl 49

Kazzarat - Templar lvl 49 Skiller

Redsmokegirl - War/sin lvl 49

Q PvP | No repair fee's | 1% EXP of lvl | Valor | Weekly 10 match | Achvemnt's | So much more Join when log | Click on cross sword via mini map Q solo |

Looking for group's RG/BT/ASV/ARG/ICC/CC Boss Killing/Arena 30+/ToC/ Need DPS willing come usly asking in world chat.

#9 Mongo

Mongo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2014 - 13:03

You know when you are 5 years old and your mummy teaches you that "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me" ?... at what age when we grow up does that stop becoming relevant?  :P

Yes a report button would be useful, I guess... but it is important that messages are taken in context!

I would urge the investigations into reported messages to take into account not just the actual message but the conversation, before and after. 

Visit my shop! Mongo's Emporium for emotes, pets, vanity and more!

#10 aliadnan12

aliadnan12

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 March 2015 - 18:54

bump ... still waiting for it

#11 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 19:31

definitely needed..

#12 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 27 March 2015 - 13:30

yeah; even a new game I alpha test for has this feature

The world is cruel...as will I....

#13 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:30

Epic fail.

If you need me, I'll be hiding in the forest. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: