11 replies to this topic

#1 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 14:40

I levelled my little toon quite quickly during the christmas event and yesterday and today i have been clearing my backlog of quests in the questbook. I am reminded once again what a PITA the quests connected with Junction Inn are. 

Can we have a secret tunnel that goes from Junction Inn to Eldevin harbour and Northam Harbour?

V4RVQOf.png

Possibly the Ring of Shadows building might be a good place for the middle point and the end point could be a back door to the building just behind Cothar next to the harbour.

Mounts do help a bit and I have levelled my mount skill to level 2 but it is still incredibly slow running up and down the map. There is still a lot of time taken up with this quest line but it would cut out some of the running around which is just pants!!!

#2 sdcrichy

sdcrichy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2015 - 14:56

lol lazy, you won't get the walk 10k miles achievement that way. :)

#3 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 16:51

i wouldn't call that lazy, i would call it absolute mind-numbing effing tedium!!

#4 Anakiro

Anakiro

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2015 - 17:03

Is Fort Piregarde (over the bridge into East Eldevin) too far, do you think? You can take a dragon from there to just outside the Barren Trail at level 9. We have talked about putting a dragon just outside Junction Inn. I imagine that would solve the problem of having to trek across the map for those quests.

#5 ZeusIV

ZeusIV

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 17:48

well it is a long run, about as far as running to EC and there is a realm change which takes time to load and another realm change back

the reason i picked a halfway point for the tunnel was because you often need to do something in EC on the way, buy maggots, get tuna from bank or get a scarecrow, maybe the Shady Stein would be a better half way point.

you could have a thuggish looking geezer at each end that demands 26c to use the passage then you wouldn't lose your dragon fares gold sink :)

a secret tunnel would fit in with the theme of these quests with the scullduggery and all 

probably a lot easier to draw and code a couple of doors than a new dragon

#6 Wiivja

Wiivja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2015 - 19:00

Is Fort Piregarde (over the bridge into East Eldevin) too far, do you think? You can take a dragon from there to just outside the Barren Trail at level 9. We have talked about putting a dragon just outside Junction Inn. I imagine that would solve the problem of having to trek across the map for those quests.

Please do so. Its the most annoying quest chain since its so much back and forth and it takes alot of times.

#7 rowbet

rowbet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Badge

Posted 19 January 2015 - 19:26

It sure is - and it is in a different realm, which can slow things down a lot on some on some systems (see my ticket that has been open for the last 136 days)

A tunnel/portal would make a huge difference to the enjoyability of this quest.

Robet (Proph 49)   Orbet (mage 49)  Ebrot (magepro 49)

Tebor (warsin 49)   Orteb(sin 49)  Beort (warsin 49 - might become tank)

Betro (ranger 49)   Trobe (??? 6 - there for bene runs - just whisper

#8 Spirit

Spirit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Badge
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2015 - 19:52

It's honestly not bad now with release of mounts, I find. Without mounts, it does take longer.

So if you do put a dragon there, it should be a little ways away from the inn, not directly in front of inn. A good spot seems to be across from the resurrection point.

Edited by Spirit, 19 January 2015 - 20:11.

9izzGSr.png Feb. 27th 2015 - First level 45 :)

#9 hero

hero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 19 January 2015 - 22:12

Secrete tunnels scattered all around this game would be even better, some would be instant teleport and other would be explorable. I remember runescape's underground paths, they were a blast to explore. Lastly some tunnels could be f2u while others would coast in game money or  reputation.

Edited by hero, 19 January 2015 - 22:16.

#10 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:05

Everyone wants to get everywhere so fast nowadays.  I remember back when I started playing MMOs, and you had to walk twice that far.  For every quest.  In the snow.  Uphill both ways.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#11 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:06

OK, seriously.  Maybe it's due to the classic feel of the game, but even before mounts I didn't find the walk so bad.  Try farming :).  Occasionally I'd just walk to/from Nidaros rather then fly, so I could stop off there and update quests.  I'd also run down there for lvl 16 foraging (that was before TA).

(Who remembers the Treefolk that hung out near the road as you got close to the Junction Inn.  Catching unsuspecting lowbies trying to cut that final corner.)

That said, I can understand wanting to make the running around easier.  If you decide to go for it, keep it as simple as possible.  I imagine adding a flight point is easier then a tunnel, so I'd go with Spirit's suggestion.  Tunnels sounds like a cool idea, but there are much bigger priorities right now.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#12 Blissy

Blissy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:07

but you can actually not even go through ec.  you just go around the wall of it and there is like a short cut across from one end to the other so it makes it shorter.  or maybe it just felt that way when I realized I didn't have to go into ec and across it and out the gate but just around it.    but secret tunnels sound fun so I"m board with that idea :lol:

Slow but steady wins the race or something like that.

I'm just taking it slow, not sure about the steady.

*Pre-Steam release Player*

*Joined Spring of 2014 *

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: