Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2016 - 16:37

Hey all,

With patch 1.02 now live, I'd like to give you some information on two significant features which are coming to Operation : New Earth in the near future.

Each of these updates will include the usual improvements and fixes, but we're especially excited to share the following two features.

Feature : Region Changing

• Players will have access to the Region Map, allowing them to view and explore the other regions within Operation: New Earth.
  • A special Relocate item will be added to the game. This will allow players to change their region when at a low level (to allow new players to find and join their friends) and during special events which we have planned for later down the line!

region_change.png

Feature : Nuclear Missile Silos

• Nuclear Missile silos will now appear on the World Map, spawning at random intervals. These locations occupy an area of 3x3 sectors, which allows multiple Alliances to contest these locations. The first Alliance to claim a certain number of contest points, claims the silo!
  • The victorious Alliance can then fire a Nuclear Missile, causing heavy damage and applying a healing de-buff to a large area.

missile_silo.jpg

That's it for now! We'll keep you posted on additional upcoming features as time goes on. Thanks for supporting the game!

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#2 Black Heart Forumer

Black Heart Forumer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:25

relating to the nuclear missile silos will these be able to spawn in already captured territory and then we automatically own it or will it spawn and even if previously contested land we then have to re contest it? 

second whats the range of the nukes? i only ask because i don't wanna be bombed and the site at other end of map. 

third describe the healing debuff. will this slow degrade health of bases there? or merely make it unable to heal after several destroy attacks 

lastly is there only 1 silo allowed per alliance? because in region alpha 1 i don't want the very top alliance to own basically the whole map when they at 100 mil power and there sister alliance at like 97 million with all silos under there rule 

-black heart forumer

Side note i definitely would love the details on questions since i wanna be sure this wont break the game. 

#3 Newt Chromium

Newt Chromium

• WG Cells Staff
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 21:04

Hey there Black Heart,

Thanks so much for your interest in the upcoming features! The team doesn't have more information about the specific game mechanics to announce at the moment. We're just looking to preview what's up-and-coming.

Keeping the game interesting and balanced is a huge priority of the team and they should have more details to share as we get closer to the Missile Silo update.

WG Cells Community Manager

#4 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:13

1.3 Game Update

We're now testing the Region Map. We'll be releasing this within the next 2 weeks.

1.4 Game Update

We're already making good progress on the Missile Silo feature Here's a few screenshots of what to expect from the Silo!

silo_list.jpg

missile_control.jpg

missile_launching.jpg

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#5 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 22 September 2016 - 21:40

OMG,Vengeful Cow Gods!

I want my mommy xp

Edited by BadPenny, 22 September 2016 - 21:40.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#6 Mojawk

Mojawk

Chief Operations Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 07 October 2016 - 11:31

1.4 Game Update

The Missile Silo system is progressing nicely, next week I hope to be able to share some final details, such as images and a launch date for this update.

Feature : Situation Room

I'm sure some of you have noticed an empty interior plot in your Facilities, well today I can share with you a new structure coming to New Earth soon.

situation_room.png

The Situation Room will allow Alliance members to join forces with you to create Rallies. Rallies are deployments which can be of a considerably larger size than a normal deployment. If humanity is going to survive and capture new locations such as the Alien Mothership, a strong Alliance and Situation Room will certainly be required.

John Stewart
Chief Operations Officer

#7 xXGhostriderXx

xXGhostriderXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 14:43

The big question is how do we train the new specialized units in barracks and production facility?

#8 7RSB7

7RSB7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 15:08

Now you're perking my interest..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size: