• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we do this..? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we do this..?

1. Yes (6 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fs_vikrant0

fs_vikrant0
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:36

Hey guys..

Something new came to my mind today... i think we haven't done anything such here ever...So would love ur feedback on this...

I was thinking of conducting an AVATAR TOURNAMENT...

WE have had many avi competitions here but they were made for some person..
But here we will have a panel of judges...

The basic idea is that.. All those who will be willing to participate will be divided in pairs of 2 randomly, and a common theme would be provided to all the groups..

Each artist can submit only 1 avi... The judges decide which one is better of the 2.. and d winner will advance to the next level, until we have a final winner..

Either this way or what we can do is that we give some NECESSARY ELEMENTS for d avi and ask every participant to make it in d first round without grouping any1....
(it makes it more fair i think, coz if a player gets grouped with the famous personalities here, his chances to succeed will be low...)

From here d judges will select the top ones and we will go on with the competition...

It will be basically a process of elimination, rather than selection...

Entry fees will be charged per head, and the top 3 will get their prices..

We can have separate tournaments for ADVANCED, INTERMEDIATE, and BEGINNERS category, with decreasing fees and prices..!

SO what do u say..

Can we do that!!
I HOPE WE CAN!

#2 fs_hobblegob

fs_hobblegob
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 18:09

sounds fun :D would i be able to be a judge?

#3 fs_brishu

fs_brishu
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 18:24

i would like ot point out that with the exception of DA, JJ, Briggzy, Penny and MAYBE a couple others ... no-one here is even CLOSE to beginner lvl ... most of us would be classified as newbies ...

but sounds like an intresting idea .... lets see how this plays out ....

#4 fs_vikrant0

fs_vikrant0
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 23:50

i would like ot point out that with the exception of DA, JJ, Briggzy, Penny and MAYBE a couple others ... no-one here is even CLOSE to beginner lvl ... most of us would be classified as newbies ...

but sounds like an intresting idea .... lets see how this plays out ....

Yeah... dats right... Hey why not make them the judges... :D

#5 fs_vikrant0

fs_vikrant0
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2008 - 23:51

sounds fun :D would i be able to be a judge?

We will decide that later bro... First lets see if players here are ready for this!

#6 fs_vikrant0

fs_vikrant0
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:29

Keep d suggestions coming guys!

#7 fs_brishu

fs_brishu
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:51

[quote name="brishu"]i would like ot point out that with the exception of DA, JJ, Briggzy, Penny and MAYBE a couple others ... no-one here is even CLOSE to beginner lvl ...[/quote]

OK since SOMEONE decided to bite my a^& abt me calling him a beginner ... i just want to make my self clear ...

i wanted to say taht the above mentioned and a couple notable exception are of beginner level or higher, the above mentioned are definately higher ....

i just wanted to point out that most of us here would be newbies .....
----------------
Now playing: Billy Talent - Line & Sinker
via FoxyTunes[/quote]

#8 fs_vikrant0

fs_vikrant0
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:07

[quote name="Kenniko"][quote name="brishu"][quote name="brishu"]i would like ot point out that with the exception of DA, JJ, Briggzy, Penny and MAYBE a couple others ... no-one here is even CLOSE to beginner lvl ...[/quote]

OK since SOMEONE decided to bite my a^& abt me calling him a beginner ... i just want to make my self clear ...

i wanted to say taht the above mentioned and a couple notable exception are of beginner level or higher, the above mentioned are definately higher ....

i just wanted to point out that most of us here would be newbies .....
----------------
Now playing: Billy Talent - Line & Sinker
via FoxyTunes[/quote][/quote]

It is still always safer not to mention names. :lol:
If you care about being safe...

Eh, I dunno about the competition though. =P
I find it hard enough to muster up the inspiration to enter normal contests. =/
Maybe I'd enter for fun, but I really wouldn't be willing to pay an entrance fee (within reason), if my style is going to automatically loose by default.[/quote]

THe entrance fees will vary category wise.... AS in

Beginners : 50k
Intermediate: 1 fsp
Expert: 2 fsp

The prices vill vary accordingly..

Beginners: 8 fsps
Intermediate: 15 fsps
Expert : 25 fsps

But unlike d pvp arena we wont allow d advanced artists to enter the lower level competitions..!

I think dese prices are fair but they are open for negotiations..!

#9 fs_brishu

fs_brishu
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:30

a) like i said ... there are amybe 4 or 5 people in this forum who can be called beginner + everyone else is a newbie ...

also ... the factor taht determines whether a sig is good or not is variable ... and the quality of a sig with the same theme and stock made by the same people could vary depending on the day ... especially here ....

so... im out ...

----------------
Now playing: Iron Maiden - Powerslave
via FoxyTunes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: