#61 Undjuvion

Undjuvion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2016 - 17:36

btw, if in times of trouble your solution is crying rivers then keep going with that :-)

#62 Josh1404

Josh1404

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 17:38

btw, if in times of trouble your solution is crying rivers then keep going with that :-)

Oh please don't stop him. It's truly rather entertaining. Same as the guy posting in the shoutbox. This is much better than the event. :D

#63 Weapon4war

Weapon4war

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 17:45

Seems to me what would have been fair to the community as a whole would be to have held the releasing of that last 50 levels of content until after the event.  Seeing that 50% of the community, more or less, has already spent their stam.

#64 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 17:48

You and I and everyone else who cares even a little bit about this game, knows that no one gets to EOC during a double xp event and stops, they spend all their stam, otherwise, you are wasting your top tier pots.

Maybe the early levelers only get punished by a couple % of lost xp, but it is a punishment nonetheless.

They do this like every event...idk why but that's why i always hold off.

#65 stimpysam

stimpysam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 July 2016 - 17:57

It's been done now, those extra 50 levels got released 24 hours after the 2xp event started which I don't think is right... it is unfair. Many players are still able to take advantage of this, but a good percentage have sadly lost out. Only a very few will want to, if they are able, to buy a load of current stam and use more expensive potions/chests to continue where they left off in their first levelling hunt.

I really hope that in future all EOC content intended for 2xp events is released in one sitting.

#66 Leos3000

Leos3000

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 18:13

Just happy to see content after 2 months of none. Hope to see the quests for it soon.

Now that we have people at 3000 can you please look at invigorate? .01 per point means at a maxed skill it's a 1.75% boost.

Kinda useless tbh. Can this be bumped up to .05 so this skill has some use?

#67 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 18:15

Just happy to see content after 2 months of none. Hope to see the quests for it soon.

Now that we have people at 3000 can you please look at invigorate? .01 per point means at a maxed skill it's a 1.75% boost.

It needs to be worth me losing Coa/Cod/some ke/sh benefits... Don't even thing that would be worth me breaking a set for a epic.

#68 EpicPiety

EpicPiety

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 18:17

Would like to know that answer as well....

Guess he ignored us. I'm genuinely curious what has taken precedence over everything else. I'm really eager to see the update! Must be something really fun or important right?

Edited by EpicPiety, 01 July 2016 - 18:18.

#69 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:44

I'm wondering why there was an extra 50 levels added after the event started, instead of the quests being added to the 100 levels just added the day before?

Realistically, I'm not anywhere near EOC so it doesn't effect me. But if I was and it did, this would suck.  I get why some players are not happy about it. And I think it's totally on topic for them to point out the frustration, so hopefully this kinda thing can be avoided in the future. I'm sure HCS didn't intend or foresee this reaction. Now they know. Productive, right?

If only this were the first time players have been caught by a switcheroo.  Unfortunately, it's happened before and player outcry hasn't stopped it from happening again so I seriously doubt this will be the last time.  :(

Screenshot everything!

#70 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:46

If only this were the first time players have been caught by a switcheroo.  Unfortunately, it's happened before and player outcry hasn't stopped it from happening again so I seriously doubt this will be the last time.  :(

It was additional content that was added to give more levels for players at EoC. We'll take note for the next Double XP event however :)

#71 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:51

It was additional content that was added to give more levels for players at EoC. We'll take note for the next Double XP event however :)

Whilst it's semi-irrelevent to me given I've already hunted, had those 24+ hr later 50 levels been added from the get-go, I'd have used bigger potions and made more of an in-road into the content.

This is, as far as I can recall, the FIRST and ONLY time that secondary content has been added once an XP event has been live for over 24 hrs.

Please, PLEASE, ensure it's also the LAST.

I feel for those who burned big pots and sub-levelled and then found more content - this should NOT have happened IMO.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#72 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:53

I'm not sure anything less than another 'gamebreaking boost' is going to make this skill useful.

The Coordinated buffs are so overpoweringly good, losing them in favour of using an epic would have to come with an absurd boost.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#73 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:54

Whilst it's semi-irrelevent to me given I've already hunted, had those 24+ hr later 50 levels been added from the get-go, I'd have used bigger potions and made more of an in-road into the content.

We thought it would be a nice surprise to add the extra content, but I see where you're coming from. Will look to do it differently for the next Double XP event.

#74 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2016 - 21:57

I'd say rollback, but then I'd have to hunt again, and... Ugh...

Can you do individual rollbacks for those that lost out? lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#75 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2016 - 22:00

I'd say rollback, but then I'd have to hunt again, and... Ugh...

Can you do individual rollbacks for those that lost out? lol

No and no. We will look at releasing all the content before the Double XP event next time however :)

#76 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2016 - 22:03

We thought it would be a nice surprise to add the extra content, but I see where you're coming from. Will look to do it differently for the next Double XP event.

I have to query why this would be perceived as a "nice surprise" by those who'd already expended their stamina LOL.

Ho Hum.

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#77 lapdragon

lapdragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 22:49

i for one have to say how AWESOME it was to hunt today with NO LAG what so ever!!....this is a big deal to me...and when i say i spend a long time hunting....it is horrible with lag...and what EVER the HCS did to prevent it, THANK YOU!!  xoxoxoxo

#78 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2016 - 23:01

i for one have to say how AWESOME it was to hunt today with NO LAG what so ever!!....this is a big deal to me...and when i say i spend a long time hunting....it is horrible with lag...and what EVER the HCS did to prevent it, THANK YOU!!  xoxoxoxo

That was the highlight of the event for me too - for the first time in memory, an XP event with no lag. So, congrats Cows on that aspect of the event :)

#79 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 00:02

The extra 50 levels after the event has started?

You know, at first I was bummed - I could have got through most, if not all of those levels if they had been there when I was hunting, given my remaining stam at the time - I then hilariously blew a wad of it hunting a titan with doubler 1750+ still running - heroic error! LOL!

Now, on reflection, I'm cool with it - it is a curve ball, something unexpected - I like the surprise, and I like that I have content to look forward to and plan around once I've regained stam. It means I can plan for gold acquisition for myself and my guild, rather than worrying about a gold drought, which happens when there is a long lag between new releases of content for me.

In future players may not jump in on day one, in case this happens again - having to make decisions and deal with uncertainty gives the game a little edge again. So, as I said, I'm cool with HCS doing this now. Yep, folk spent mega pots, me included, but we did so knowing we'd waste them as we'd outrun the content anyway. Now there is new content waiting for us. I personally like that.

My 2c. 

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#80 Windbattle

Windbattle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,707 posts
  • Badge

Posted 02 July 2016 - 00:22

guessing i'm getting some extra content, woot

1 user(s) are reading this topic