Photo

ASV RUN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 17:24

completion time pic>>>>>>>  asv comp.png <<<<<<<<<<

TEAM

• fable
  • lahara
  • maquiboy
  • reinedor
  • xpwaste

1st boss defeated

loot

• 1 defined agate

NO RELICS.

ATTEMPTS

• 1st- wiped due to spit killing healer
  • 2nd-enraged due to a dog entering in bosss arena and we wasted time killing it
  • 3rd-KILLED THAT BI... :)

2nd boss defeated

loot

• 1 defined peridot

NO RELICS.

ATTEMPTS

• 1st- It enraged but we killed it

3rd boss defeated

loot

• 1 defined tanzite

NO RELICS.

ATTEMPTS

• 1st

4th boss defeated

loot

• 1 defined emerald

NO RELICS.

ATTEMPTS

• 1st-it enraged, we kited it

CONCLUSION: NOT WORTH SPEDING EVEN ONE MINUTE ON

Daily Quest: the daily gives 3 relics per done. so u need 100 days to get the set + it gives legendary bag of coins.

General Info: There were no wipes except the first boss. so this run was pretty smooth according to that.

Glitches: ME & LAHARA were "in combat!" all the time even when there was no combat going on.

Edited by xpwaste, 21 April 2014 - 18:42.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#2 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 17:25

i died 30 times trying to kill first boss and i got a damn agate defined!!!!!!!!!  its a big joke!

Edited by Maquiboy, 21 April 2014 - 17:26.

#3 Linkondrugs

Linkondrugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 17:56

Im sorry.

Gathering:

Crystal Cutting:  49  | Fishing:  49  | Forestry:  49  | Skinning:  49  | Farming:  49  Foraging:  49  | Prospecting:   49 |

Crafting:

Alchemy: 49  Cooking:  49  | Leatherworking:  49  | Weaponsmithing:  49  | Armorsmithing:  49  | Jewelry:  49  | Tailoring: 49

5,000+ Hours Logged, Closed Beta Player, Richest Merchant Around ;D

#4 Shane22

Shane22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:10

Well done guy's shame about your repairs.

#5 HolyGhost

HolyGhost

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:20

whats the quest reward???

#6 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:23

we are suppose to receive 3 ascendent relics but i got nothing in my relic list..

its once a day.. we need 300 to make set.. means 100 day/once a day?? really?

took us 96 minutes by the way... 2 repair kits each at least...  i just dont know what to think im just shocked right now :/

#7 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:25

double post

Edited by Maquiboy, 21 April 2014 - 18:26.

#8 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:27

From the sounds of it, it's not so much a challenge as it is a DPS race to beat the enrage timer(s). That's not exactly the kind of difficulty players were hoping for, I think, as it's a straight gear check(and whittling down bosses with overtuned HP is not the good kind of tedious when you're on the clock to beat a timer).

Also, the fact that none of the bosses reward the risks taken by the party(no relics, minimal loot) needs to be looked at.

Congratulations, though, you did the previously thought by some impossible!

Now let's hope HCS adjusts these dungeons in response to feedback.

Edit: With this new information in hand, I'll make a post on the Suggestions forum.

Edited by huhbum, 21 April 2014 - 18:28.

#9 InHaste

InHaste

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:30

Which one of yall got the defined peridot i'd like to buy it if its for sale

LazyAF - Ranger - Level 45

InHaste - Healer - Level 32

3721425.png

#10 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:37

From the sounds of it, it's not so much a challenge as it is a DPS race to beat the enrage timer(s). That's not exactly the kind of difficulty players were hoping for, I think, as it's a straight gear check(and whittling down bosses with overtuned HP is not the good kind of tedious when you're on the clock to beat a timer).

Also, the fact that none of the bosses reward the risks taken by the party(no relics, minimal loot) needs to be looked at.

Edit: With this new information in hand, I'll make a post on the Suggestions forum.

the only big problems was the first boss. the rest of the dongeon was pretty ok.. some deaths here and there like in all dongeons. difficulty is nice but first boss need a change for sure.

#11 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:37

Which one of yall got the defined peridot i'd like to buy it if its for sale

im sure whoever got it must be licking it right now, he spent 96mins getting it after all >.<

previously:

#12 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:39

If you like to die without reason and get f***** up and get enraged . IT IS THE best thing to do :)

[only if u get a team though lol! ]

EDIT: i couldn't write f*****

Edited by xpwaste, 21 April 2014 - 18:40.

previously:

#13 Swiggity

Swiggity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:40

Congrats my friend! Never could get worm past 400k with my group!

#14 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 18:59

ty :)

previously:

#15 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 19:00

grats you all ;P

too bad about the middle finger HCS keep giving everytime you guys progressed

#16 HappyDays

HappyDays

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 19:00

Obviously you need to factor in, we stopped to talk and discuss things as we went also. Plus anything new as you go through it, you will be a bit more cautious and want to talk. We stopped as people needed pee breaks etc also hehe :P.

Now to discuss

HCS new toy to replace rocks is FOR EVERY BOSS TO KNOCK THE TANK ON HIS ASS FOR AGES. It gets slightly grating after a while. Tone it down a bit HCS ????? Would be cool. Every boss has it and do it a good amount.

First boss could stand to be toned down a bit. It is the first boss  :rolleyes:  My gear in the end was broken to bits. I would spend more GOLD AND EP doing it daily than anything and it would not be worth it. Give me a repair kit at the end or something bound to repair if this is how you want to play it.

Now imagine the team that was assembled to take this down. How many times a day will you come across a team willing to put the time into this. some people will end up for hours waiting or won't want to do it. THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE RUN A DAY which is insane also. To get the whole set will take months. Now imagine the days you can't get runs and the time delay is large.

I will wait to see can we avoid a large repair bill and pull the times down when full on going at it as over time it may get better. But first impressions is it is full on boring. Tiring to see that dungeon pull out the cheap tricks of boss enrages and large hp and molten breath, and got so smashed in the end with broken gear. If it stays that way, goodluck to the insane costs tanks will pay.  Also no relics in chests was annoying and defined gems ......... wow..... I would rather do grotto for gems than grind gems in that hell hole :D . Also no re playability as who would want to put themselves through that again as it is only defined gems and the quest in only daily. I worry for the future as everything is always a misstep it seems these days.  :ph34r:

All in all hcs seems to now measure dungeons as time blocks rather than adding anything refreshing. They beast up these dungeons and make them long with mob roadblocks and hard hitting monsters . Remember this is first impressions and over time as stated, times might come down and things ease up etc etc. But a repair kit should be waiting at the end AT THE VERY LEAST and more relics and chances to do it more. Plus most important release more ascended dungeons such as vault etc for more chances to get more relics and MAKE THEM FUN above all else.

Edited by HappyDays, 21 April 2014 - 19:04.

#17 makii

makii

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 19:24

There is no excuse for such a bad design. A dungeon should take about 45min maximum to complete. 

For people like me, this wouldnt have been even a option to participate. A 90min dungeon is a huge turn off for me.

#18 huhbum

huhbum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 20:24

There is no excuse for such a bad design. A dungeon should take about 45min maximum to complete. 

For people like me, this wouldnt have been even a option to participate. A 90min dungeon is a huge turn off for me.

I don't mind lengthy dungeons if the reward is commensurate with the time investment. Dungeon runs in some of the old-school MMO's sometimes took an entire day to complete(pre-nerf 5-man Scholomance in Vanilla WoW, or planar raids in classic EQ, for instance).

I'm not advocating the return to entire-day dungeons, but, I'm alright with an hour per dungeon if it's truly worth the time spent, and is fun!

Currently in ASV that is not the case, but it can be with the right changes.

#19 ZooksterGaming

ZooksterGaming

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 22:02

we are suppose to receive 3 ascendent relics but i got nothing in my relic list..

its once a day.. we need 300 to make set.. means 100 day/once a day?? really?

took us 96 minutes by the way... 2 repair kits each at least...  i just dont know what to think im just shocked right now :/

You should get the Tokens once you turn in the quest or finish the whole instance.

They will add more Ascended dungeons in the future so it can be up to maybe 5 a day.

But 90m+ for each run is WAY TO MUCH. Whats the point of making it take so long time when its a daily thing anyway. Its not like we can get the sets faster because we finish an instance faster.

91ig7l.png

| Zook (45) Prophet | Arumat (45) Warrior | Samoorai (45) Templar |

| Crystal Cutting - 45 | Farming - 40 | Fishing - 23 | Foraging - 45 | Forestry - 45 | Prospecting - 45 | Skinning - 45 |

| Alchemy - 45 | Armorsmithing - 45 | Cooking - 45 | Jewelry - 45 | Leatherworking - 45 | Tailoring - 45 | Weaponsmithing - 40 |

#20 ernzor

ernzor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Badge

Posted 21 April 2014 - 23:49

Sounds like fun. Sign me up!

Naked pirate will be back!

When lvl 50 is here

Font: