Photo

Ohdar scar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Raishin

Raishin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 16:49

Last boss in ohdar scar should be nerfed, this lock-on stones(like rockets from f-16) are to much OP

and all players died on 1 hit, when have lucky died on second time.

this dungeon is to much op for 20 lvl players, i even think  25-30 lvl dungeon is easier.

#2 Neon

Neon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:03

Last boss in ohdar scar should be nerfed, this lock-on stones(like rockets from f-16) are to much OP

and all players died on 1 hit, when have lucky died on second time.

this dungeon is to much op for 20 lvl players, i even think  25-30 lvl dungeon is easier.

The dungeon can be completed at the required level, but you need a team of the standard classes you'd see in an end-game dungeon. So a Templar, Prophet and DPS.

Edited by Neon, 15 December 2013 - 17:03.

a5kwtf.png

My YouTube Channel - Click Here

#3 Loaf

Loaf

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Badge

Posted 15 December 2013 - 17:09

Ohdar boulders are the hard counter to everyone's favorite build: Glass cannon.

The rocks hit for ~3k which becomes manageable when players come prepared with vitality food, inspiration buff, and skills to reduce damage (redemption comes to mind).

If at first you don't succeed, rethink your build/strategy and try again.  It's ok not to beat it your first trip to Ohdar.  I knew what to expect from beta and still our group couldn't beat the last boss our first time inside recently.

You get a free respec, now would be a good time to use it.  Hint: aim for at least 3.2k life.

If you have a spare minute, please rate Eldevin at mmorpg.com

#4 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 00:53

Contrary to popular belief... Vitality is your friend.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#5 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:57

Edited by D4VYJONES, 25 December 2013 - 12:27.

#6 hussey

hussey

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Badge

Posted 16 December 2013 - 16:33

Davy , you forgot this - always try for basic attacks to reduce agro and if the boss is low on hp, spam other special attacks .Also blind is a must have for assassins as there is a talent which increases attack on enemies blinded for 9/18 secs .

PLAYING     ONLY     FOR     PVP ! ! !

#7 Conch

Conch

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2013 - 00:23

wow  All of the replies hint at the same thing L2P and one poster even goes as far as too say but a 100 gold level 25 skill for a level 20 instance lol

#8 Elaes

Elaes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Badge

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:08

odar last boss is easy doable by 3 people (healer - tank - dps) of level 19-20, we easly did it back then, rock throw wont start if ur at more then 8y from the boss (any ranged attack is 12 max range), the aim under ur feet.. well just move... 

we used to have a sort of triangle position for it and seriously isnt much of a problem once you figure how to make bounce the bear between the people in the group

#9 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 16:49

The dungeon can be completed at the required level, but you need a team of the standard classes you'd see in an end-game dungeon. So a Templar, Prophet and DPS.

Good luck finding those classes BTW.  ;)

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#10 lester

lester

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 16:54

odar last boss is easy doable by 3 people (healer - tank - dps) of level 19-20, we easly did it back then, rock throw wont start if ur at more then 8y from the boss (any ranged attack is 12 max range), the aim under ur feet.. well just move... 

we used to have a sort of triangle position for it and seriously isnt much of a problem once you figure how to make bounce the bear between the people in the group

Wish we could of teamwork like that in queue groups but we usually queue up with strangers so implementing a push to speak in the game could work? Is it even possible?

Tenzo - Ranger
Agnar - Assassin

Best Tv Shows-Gotham,Flash,Arrow,TheBlackList,TheLastShip. :D

Smiley_zpsbe0d0bf2.jpg

#11 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 00:46

ohdar is completely ridiculous for now.

last 5 groups i get didnt make it.. no tank no good healer each time...

its just not fun. ill come back finish my quests at level 35 i guess...

most of the partner i get was from level 19 or 20 with 2k to 2.5k health... with an attack of 3k from the boss you can imagine... not to mention the ridiculous amout of gold for repair. at level 20 paying 2 or 3 gold for each try is just too much...

staff have certainly work to do on this one

#12 D4VYJONES

D4VYJONES

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:10

Umm... Ain't the boss got nerfed?

#13 Irradiated

Irradiated

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:56

last 5 groups i get didnt make it.. no tank no good healer each time...

I'm looking forward to trying the harder Ohdar.  I really don't think it's a good test if you have neither a healer or a tank.  I'm absolutely against any nerf that makes it doable with a random five and negates the need for the tank/healer.

Meleager, ranger

Tuor, templar (Inactive)

Deimos, mage

Thangbrand, warsin (Mostly on vacation)

Bart, ??? (bene trades)

#14 Dillias

Dillias

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:16

This dungeon, along with any other dungeon is completely doable as long as you have one key item in your team.

Orlac.

Orlac just wins.

Selling friendship, 50 ep per hour.

GET IN FAST

#15 Fizban

Fizban

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 December 2013 - 16:28

Tank, Healer and 3 DPS. group buffs, pots, Obelisk and food. Make sure you have Cauterise ( a must have skill for all classes) for when the healer is busy, Always let Tank get aggro before attacking. 1st boss, basic attacks only watch for him picking up rocks and be ready with cauterise, 2nd boss, basic attacks until he targets Healer, then hit him with specials until Tank gets aggro again,(Tank Heal Healer, boss goes for the player that is Healing) 3rd boss basic attacks again, watch for the targets under your character and move as soon as you see them, this should help you complete the dungeon.

I can tolerate ignorance, but i cannot stand stupidity

the past can't be altered, the future can't be controlled, live for the here and now

#16 Maquiboy

Maquiboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Badge

Posted 25 December 2013 - 19:14

Tank, Healer and 3 DPS. group buffs, pots, Obelisk and food. Make sure you have Cauterise ( a must have skill for all classes) for when the healer is busy, Always let Tank get aggro before attacking. 1st boss, basic attacks only watch for him picking up rocks and be ready with cauterise, 2nd boss, basic attacks until he targets Healer, then hit him with specials until Tank gets aggro again,(Tank Heal Healer, boss goes for the player that is Healing) 3rd boss basic attacks again, watch for the targets under your character and move as soon as you see them, this should help you complete the dungeon.

yeah i know, i did ohdar 100+ times in beta. the problem is more that when you "look for a group", the system makes group without waiting for healer or tank so most of the time you get a group only made of assassins, warriors and rangers.

#17 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 December 2013 - 00:05

, 2nd boss, basic attacks until he targets Healer, then hit him with specials until Tank gets aggro again,(Tank Heal Healer, boss goes for the player that is Healing)

If the tank times their taunts to just before the boss finishes whirlwind then they will never lose aggro at the end of whirlwind.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

#18 ComradeLewis

ComradeLewis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • Badge

Posted 26 December 2013 - 23:30

I was complaining yesterday because the team quit without even trying. I guess they didn't know my prophet has 3.9k HP. I have also commented that it's your own fault if you die in 1 hit if you put no points into vit.. I do like the idea of having hard dungeons where every class is needed. I suppose the only real issue is that the repair fees are far too high, and that is what needs to be nerfed.

I suppose you could say that it's the game's fault for allowing players to get that far with no vit. It would definitely make the role of a prophet easier if so many people did not go for that build.

11/29/13 - 4/29/14 | 4/25/15 - 5/25/15

#19 awollsd

awollsd

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:09

<--- free player 

<---- somehwat slow leveler

<---- put all points full Sorc

<---- healer pure prophet build

yet was able to survive ohdar.........

1st and most important know how to play it.... EVERY PERSON IN THE GAME should have redemption.. 

(now i'll repeat how to play the bosses)

1st boss: everyone spread out far enough so if the boss LOOKS at you you can tell its you she is looking at.  when she bends down to pick up a rock when she stands if she is looking at you CAST REDEMPTION you will survive even being a "glass cannon" 

2nd boss: easy just same as above spread out and when the spinning attack comes if it comes your direction run in a large circle you stay ahead of it and dont even get hit. then the boss dies.

3rd boss: the dropped rock (the 3K + dmg attack) has a target under your feet if you see it dont stand there and die get the hell out of the target and you dont get hit... this boss also does a rock throw attack same as first boss. just do as you did on first boss and again you'll live.

with a decent tank this is all fairly easy. now many are saying but you cant get a good tank.. ok well get some pots and have 2 casters heal (one as main heal and the other as off heal that tries to dps some)

no longer playing so feel free to ignore more (if i even post) just do still follow forums so MAY comment from time to time. 

#20 Orlac

Orlac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Badge

Posted 28 December 2013 - 04:29

1st and most important know how to play it.... EVERY PERSON IN THE GAME should have redemption.. 

I don't have have Redemption... Just sayin.

Edited by Orlac, 28 December 2013 - 04:29.

Orlac

Templar

Alchemist

Forager

Sexy

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: