Photo

Aliarth stats

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#21 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:17

before we begin, state that in your picture you are fully buffed because anyone can be "powerful" with buffs..

you asked for help, so here it is.. keeping it as short as possible.

note: i'm assuming this is for PvE only:

Prophet tree:

1st row/tier:

- remove 2 points from prophecy, in combat mana regen is lowered severely anyways.

- place the 2 points into focused healing for 10% healing bonus.

2nd row/tier:

- is fine

mage tree:

1st row/tier:

- can't comment on fountain of mana as i have never used.

- rest is fine

2nd row/tier:

- lose the whole accuracy talent, you gain accuracy against lower things as you become higher.. if you hover your mouse over the accuracy % you can see what your accuracy is against things the same level.

- rest is fine

3rd row/tier:

- lose intense focus, its based on your focus attribute and regardles of whether its high or not, it's a waste of 2 points.

- put the 2 points from intense focus into boiling point, increases boiling blood to 65% dps/tick over 6 seconds (6ticks). boiling blood is good for bosses in PvE hence why i'm recommending it.

4th row/tier:

- is fine.

- can chuck 2 points from dropping accuracy into scald to increase boiling blood duration to 10seconds but i wouldn't recommend it being full PvE.

5th row/tier:

- is fine.

6th row/tier:

- use all 3 points from accuracy talent into miasma and nightmare (dps boost). miasma can be used as an escape method if you pull more mobs than what you can handle + the dps boost is nice. you DO NOT need the stun talent in order to use miasma or get miasma.

7th row/tier:

- lose phase walking. -10% threat reduction is pointless especially if you're soloing dungeons since the only person causing threat is you.

- put this point into icy touch for a 6 second frostbite snare to aid you with keeping mobs down while you aoe with erupt/dragon breath/blizzard.

- lose blazing embers, the 30% of incinerate is useless in PvE.

8th row/tier:

- is fine

- with the point taken from blazing embers, place into starlight. I can't stress this enough and it is really the only useful skill for a mage. the dps boost is nice, and you DO NOT have to channel starlight fully to regain mana as you gain mana per tick. (more below will be written on ways to use starlight and gain mana effectively).

- lose the pet, you complain starlight take's too long to cast and cooldown, the pet is just as useless in PvE

9th row/tier:

- is fine

Final build:

If this is too much to take in or anything you don't understand, here is what your talents should look like with my recommendations: http://talenttheory....2O2Q1V1Pd1e2g2/

Effective ways to regain mana:

- whilst out of combat, mana regen is plenty especially with your aqua.

- if you find you are low on mana, basic attack mobs to regain mana as you have the essence of magic talent.

- use a potion

how/when to use starlight:

- when you are low on mana and before/after a mob pull

- if you are intoxicated because you've used a potion already and need mana

- starlight regains 15% of your total mana per tick, you have 5137 mana meaning each tick gives ~770 mana. meaning if you don't wish to channel fully for the dps boost.. you can channel for 1 or 2 ticks and have enough mana to continue casting or heal if need be. (you can also do this whilst in combat as you shouldn't die while channeling for a second or two)

- if starlight finishes channeling not only do you get a dps boost, but you also gain a bonus 30% mana regen

Any difficulties or further questions don't hesitate to ask.. and sorry for the long post.

Edited by luke94, 29 June 2015 - 06:18.

June 2013 (beta) - July 2017

#22 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:12

good stuf maby will help me in future if i play mage. Also does ranger tallent Volley regen mana with essence? :rolleyes: with essence of magic could get 2.5% of total mana each hit so if you have 5k mana you get 125 back per hit

#23 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:39

Miasmo more for PVP with stunt, cant stunt bosses and need to much points for full Miasmo.

Starlight has to long countdown and need to much time when it ready for very short period.

miasmo gives extra attack power and with starlight ir brings you back to full mana and you can use it while the tanks pulling so when hes finished pulling you get extra attack 

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#24 drdoom123

drdoom123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • Badge

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:45

All these your listed magics for short period time, like a PVP. I have:

* [Radiant Aquamarine]

* Prophet boost +6% from each light armor equiped for mana regeneration

So not say i an IDIOT, better i gonna use fast MANA potion then wait this long time until starlight call completes. I creating best MAGE charracter for dungeons (PVE) no need help from PVP IDIOT sitting all the days in TA and chating with other losers experiance...

You not helping me at all, so get off PVP IDIOT. :)

radiant aqua wont make much difference in combat

2u3y71v.png

Eldevin

drdoom123 - lvl EOC

AWhiteGuy - lvl EOC

Lowko - lvl 18 Ranger

Fallensword: drdoom123 lvl 824

#25 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:48

this is from wiki Mana Regeneration is equal to: Energy * (0.15 - 0.0006 * Character Level) + 1.8

Mana Regeneration During Combat is 20% of normal Mana Regeneration.

Mana, hp regen  in combat is brutal low and tourmaline, aquamarine is useless gem you better get defensive in your helm

My mana regen in combat is 6.87 with frenzy which is +75% more mana regen is 7.02 so yeeee

#26 Sharky

Sharky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 14:07

are you kidding me Aliarth?  :huh:

Edited by Anakiro, 29 June 2015 - 14:53.
Language - asterisks don't make it okay. :(

#27 111111111111111111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 15:18

aliarth i'd love you to show me how you do  your tr runs one day :)

maybe i can give you some tips to improve your speed

Easy. To first BOSS with all blocking monsters on the tail. :) I need just [Gloriaus Zirconia] for 652540 gold/217513 ep if i create it from [Fair Zirconia] gems to improve TR (40 lvl) speed, but price to big. :(

634a.png

Edited by Aliarth, 29 June 2015 - 15:30.

#28 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 15:55

total commander ftw

#29 111111111111111111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 19:13

Thank you all for that much information about charracter creation. So I need to
Disable:
Mathemagican (+3 points, -15% accuracy)
Fucused Mind (+2 points, -6% critical)

And enable to:
Miasma (1 point, teleport)
Nightmare (2 points, increase spell power by 15% for 10 seconds)
Starlight (1 point, increase spell power by 30% for 15 seconds)
Conflaguration (1 point, +100% dammage and +6% burn dammage for [Fulmination])
534a.png
And character talents will be completed completed. :)

And these [Attack Draft] really helped to increase wizard dammage to 1550 DPS: :)
64r7.png

Edited by Aliarth, 30 June 2015 - 19:19.

#30 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 30 June 2015 - 19:24

Conflaguration & phase walking:

To me, they're worthless; you're better off using those 4 talent points to power up frost bite

Edited by KeS, 30 June 2015 - 19:24.

The world is cruel...as will I....

#31 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:41

Thank you all for that much information about charracter creation. So I need to
Disable:
Mathemagican (+3 points, -15% accuracy)
Fucused Mind (+2 points, -6% critical)

And enable to:
Miasma (1 point, teleport)
Nightmare (2 points, increase spell power by 15% for 10 seconds)
Starlight (1 point, increase spell power by 30% for 15 seconds)
Conflaguration (1 point, +100% dammage and +6% burn dammage for [Fulmination])
534a.png
And character talents will be completed completed. :)

And these [Attack Draft] really helped to increase wizard dammage to 1550 DPS: :)
64r7.png

it was keep focussed mind and lose intense focus.. you got them mixed up.. unless of course the 10% increase to base focus = more than 6% crit but i doubt it.

I should just post the build i use and be done with it :/

Edited by luke94, 01 July 2015 - 03:42.

#32 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:45

Noooooo lukey, don't make this jerk unstoppable! No oooooo

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

https://forums.hunte...e-shop-startup/

#33 111111111111111111

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:07

Noooooo lukey, don't make this jerk unstoppable! No oooooo

Your wizard with spell defenses really fun, good joke. You even not know how to create character.  :D Why is that?

Better kill 8-12 monsters in one time, not just 1 monster, like you did with spell defenses.

Edited by BigGrim, 09 July 2015 - 10:57.
Leave personal attacks off your posts please.

#34 Huxtable

Huxtable

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:08

Ali,

Minddrag was wrong to call you an idiot.  But your response, calling 1/2 the population of Eldevin idiots, was even more inappropriate.

You asked for advice.  People are trying to help you, give you ways to improve your DPS.  People with a lot more experience, people who spent many EP testing.  And you just keep blowing them off.  I'm filing away all this knowledge for my mage (even though I intend to go healer at 49).

Ali clearly has his own interpretations of things in this game and is outspoken about them. Anyone who vocalizes so much in chat opens themselves up to criticism, but people really bully this guy. My guess is his lack of understanding for this game's mechanics, his level of English, and his apparent refusal to accept advice make him an easy target; but it often feels like a group of kids picking on the new kid, the slow kid, or the foreign kid. I don't know why he angers them so much.

I'm definitely guilty of questioning his ideas in chat, or giggling after the 100th attempt to sell a bound item. But if he wants to play that way, let him. If you want to point out the flaws in his theories, there are nice ways to do that. If he doesn't listen, go on about your day.

... And back to the main topic...

#35 PeasantJoe

PeasantJoe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:29

:lol:

#36 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:48

any namecalling between players and the forums is just childish.. regardless of who you are

Your wizard with spell defenses really fun, good joke. You even not know how to create character.  :D Why is that?

You very weak in ICC, where need mele defenses. :)

Better kill 8-12 monsters in one time, not just 1 monster, like you did with spell defenses... Your character not useful...

You not have any game experiance in all this time...

firstly ..is your first statement aimed at me or mind, ali?

secondly.. do not comment on someone based on the gems they socket.. majority of people socket more opals than the other gems because the majority of pvpers are mages or prophages. another reason is that there is yet to be a boss that uses a ranged style attack and any boss that uses melee attacks the mage just stands outside its hitting range.

thirdly.. in icc it's personal preference depending on how the tank wants the fight to go.. some want adds killed and others will tank the adds.. you certainly do not need onyx's to survive. if you're a mage just use plasma shield and pop a stam pot or stand near the healer and you will survive.

fourthly.. everyone plays the game to their own style and knows more about certain things than others.. for example all i know is PvP and dungeon running but when it comes to professions i'm horrible at them.

fifthly.. do not say someone is "not useful" as that's just as childish as namecalling, everyone plays their own style so keep those types of comments to yourself.. another thing is don't comment on someone's experience within game (refer to my fourth point for reasoning)

note: this was written via my phone as i am having laptop and java problems hence why i havent been ingame so pardon any grammatical/spellig errors.

#37 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2015 - 20:38

like i said on steve his topic

there is no perfect build... unless we get nuff talent points to spend em in everything of course but that ain't happening XD

however you can build to whatever works best for the current circumstances :)

and most people here gave their visions on how to build it mix and match and you will eventually find YOUR " perfect " build :)

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#38 KeS

KeS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts
  • Badge

Posted 03 July 2015 - 20:50

You very weak in ICC, where need mele defenses. :)

Better kill 8-12 monsters in one time, not just 1 monster, like you did with spell defenses... Your character not useful...

You not have any game experiance in all this time...

You're no better....not at all....Unless you can constructively criticize someone without making them fell like crap, you are no better and your use of colors.....disgusts me. 

The world is cruel...as will I....

#39 minddrag

minddrag

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:33

I really don't think this is needed, nobody really cares about ur stats-_-

2zgi4n8.jpg

My Signature Shop:

https://forums.hunte...e-shop-startup/

#40 luke94

luke94

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Badge

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:41

After re-reading the first page I came across this comment.. I guess this is why my advice went without acknowledgement or a simple thanks :/

Can't believe I actually helped someone like you that claims PvPers are idiots.. I'm happy to of helped anyone else thinking of playing mage or wanting to play mage with the help I gave who read my post.

no need help from PVP IDIOT sitting all the days in TA and chating with other losers experiance..

Edited by luke94, 04 July 2015 - 03:43.

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: