Photo

Composing Potion Instant Finish Reset Timer

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Composing Instant Finish (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you prefer to have the instant finish timer refresh at 00:00 ST by default?

1. Yes (28 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. No (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

3. No Preference (5 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Would you prefer to have bank deposits refresh at 00:00 ST by default?

1. Yes (22 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. No (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. No Preference (5 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Would you like to be able to change the default reset from 00:00 ST to a time of your choosing?

1. Yes (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. No (4 votes [26.67%])

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

3. I wouldn't use this feature (6 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Makubrex

Makubrex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 18:47

So, I've been getting into composing a lot (especially after completing the first stash global event) and I always instant finish four 20 XP potions every day just to progress that little bit faster.

The thing is, though, is that the timer for the instant finish keeps getting further and further away from it once was. The timer will and does reset during a potion's creation, and you lose seconds at the very least from having to buy the potions, set up the next one, etc. In my case, I lose minutes and sometimes an hour or more if I don't notice when it last reset essentially losing an entire day eventually once it reaches the point where I can't stay up to instant finish a batch of potions.

So, my idea  is such: Have the instant finish timer reset at midnight server time just like the max stamina gold upgrades resulting in a 24 hour reset like it says in the description of the instant finish feature.

Edit: Added a separate poll for the same thing to apply to bank deposits.

Edited by Makubrex, 25 May 2014 - 14:49.

#2 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 May 2014 - 20:34

or have a feature that shows you when your instant finishes reset just like it shows you when your bank deposits reset.

#3 Makubrex

Makubrex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 22:26

or have a feature that shows you when your instant finishes reset just like it shows you when your bank deposits reset.

I agree this could alleviate the problem slightly, but I think bank deposits need to reset at 00:00 as well, as then you'll never lose bank deposits/year essentially.

#4 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 23:55

I absolutely agree with both suggestions. Initially, every timer in fs was set for independent, character-specific resets, but HCS finally found a way to make a uniform reset for gold upg's at 0:00. I am all in favor of adjusting EVERY timer for 0:00 in the game. Makes things a lot simpler (at least for the casual or semi-pro player, definitely, not sure about the 24/7'ers though) for players, and as far as I'm aware, this could free up(remove) multiple char-specificationally important slots in the database, perhaps somewhat adding to speed.

And of course, I find it a bit more convenient.

#5 Makubrex

Makubrex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:20

I absolutely agree with both suggestions. Initially, every timer in fs was set for independent, character-specific resets, but HCS finally found a way to make a uniform reset for gold upg's at 0:00. I am all in favor of adjusting EVERY timer for 0:00 in the game. Makes things a lot simpler (at least for the casual or semi-pro player, definitely, not sure about the 24/7'ers though) for players, and as far as I'm aware, this could free up(remove) multiple char-specificationally important slots in the database, perhaps somewhat adding to speed.

And of course, I find it a bit more convenient.

Thanks for the feedback =) A lot of points that I didn't even delve into in my thoughts, but I must say I agree with everything you said. 

#6 Makubrex

Makubrex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 15:42

So far, I've seen only yes or no preference answers. As shown by this poll thus far (trying hard to get more people to vote - and vote honestly) people either would want these updates or wouldn't be bothered by them either way. Keep up the voting everyone, and maybe HCS will take these ideas into consideration =)

#7 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 17:27

So far, I've seen only yes or no preference answers. As shown by this poll thus far (trying hard to get more people to vote - and vote honestly) people either would want these updates or wouldn't be bothered by them either way. Keep up the voting everyone, and maybe HCS will take these ideas into consideration =)

hopefully it is not the fact that many have given up doing composing..unless a person is on 24/7 or using a script for composing it takes far far to long to advance..and what you get for advancing is not good- i am about to be level 10 after many months of composing- my reward, i get to make librarian100 ..what a joke..really..librarian 100, could get that for small amount of gold in the ah, 4 years ago when i started playing...where are all the newer, different skills at ? why bother with composing for skills like librarian100...composing needs some improves at some time..mainly, time it takes to compose and advance, and the skills we are getting as we level..still shaking my head at librarian100 at level 10 ? confuses me

#8 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 18:14

hopefully it is not the fact that many have given up doing composing..unless a person is on 24/7 or using a script for composing it takes far far to long to advance..and what you get for advancing is not good- i am about to be level 10 after many months of composing- my reward, i get to make librarian100 ..what a joke..really..librarian 100, could get that for small amount of gold in the ah, 4 years ago when i started playing...where are all the newer, different skills at ? why bother with composing for skills like librarian100...composing needs some improves at some time..mainly, time it takes to compose and advance, and the skills we are getting as we level..still shaking my head at librarian100 at level 10 ? confuses me

Why are you looking at it as the cup is half full? You also get AL195 and LF240 not to mention conserve 220. There are 50 levels for composing. You want lib250 at level10? Really? You are in for some cruel disappointment when you reach the 20's.

#9 Hoofmaster

Hoofmaster

Company Director

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2014 - 19:38

I wouldn't be difficult to change the reset to be at midnight (for both composing and the bank deposits). Would anyone be strongly against this?

#10 yotekiller

yotekiller

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 22:28

I wouldn't be difficult to change the reset to be at midnight (for both composing and the bank deposits). Would anyone be strongly against this?

I would be strongly FOR this

Screenshot everything!

#11 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2014 - 22:46

i would prefer a counter to say when my instant completions reset just like the current system notifies you of when your bank deposits reset.

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 23:04

I would prefer to keep it simple and just have it all reset at the same time :)

#13 yodamus

yodamus

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 23:07

Why are you looking at it as the cup is half full? You also get AL195 and LF240 not to mention conserve 220. There are 50 levels for composing. You want lib250 at level10? Really? You are in for some cruel disappointment when you reach the 20's.

yes we have those 3 and those are the only pots i make to use....those are good..but no..i dont want librarian period at level 10..maybe back at level 5...but not at 10..i see what is up ahead and yes it does disappoint me...most players cant play 24/7 to be able to be as high a composing level as you or write scripts to be able to compose 24/7...normal players this takes months to do.....after months of composing i would expect to be able to make something i could not buy when i began the game that is all..i may be 60 years old by the time i get to level 20...50 now..maybe i am just a grumpy old man

Edited by yodamus, 23 May 2014 - 23:10.

#14 Removed18058

Removed18058

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Badge

Posted 24 May 2014 - 00:46

i'd love to see em reset at midnight

Fastest asv healer
Fastest rg healer

fastest icc healer in progress

Gotta go fast :P

#15 Makubrex

Makubrex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:42

i would prefer a counter to say when my instant completions reset just like the current system notifies you of when your bank deposits reset.

Davros, as you're the only one who has shown to have a disliking of these ideas, why not elaborate on what causes you to dislike them?

I'll throw in a situation that one might be in: 

My bank deposits/composing instant finishes reset at 15:00 but I'm not going to get enough money to deposit/instant finish potions until 18:00 that day, so I wait for three hours and go about my business then at that time. That basically means that I would have lost three hours of either activity forever. I would never be able to get back that three hours and would have to wait until 18:00 the next day to deposit/instant finish once again.

However, with the "new system" I'm suggesting, you gain your reset at 00:00 and no matter when you bank or instant finish, you'll never lose deposits/instant finishes per day/week/month/year/decade (let's hope FS goes for another few decades :P)

What's your opinion when put into this perspective, Davros?

#16 gomezkilla

gomezkilla

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:05

Either have a ticker til next reset or have the reset at midnight.. both ways will make banking and composing more convenient.

#17 Makubrex

Makubrex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:08

Either have a ticker til next reset or have the reset at midnight.. both ways will make banking and composing more convenient.

I agree, but you still lose time with a physical countdown timer as you can't instant finish four potions (the amount I do per day) instantly. I can't think of a single downside to a midnight reset, which is what I'm mainly trying to find.

#18 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:42

a ticker would e the simplest solution, resetting at midnight, why is that so wonderful seeing as you wish to call me out on this? how is it resetting at midnight a great fix for all, I see no benefit in that myself I would much prefer it to reset 24 hours after i have purchased my  first instant finish, this way I can track it a lot more easily. Midnight is hopeless for me as I am generally as sleep then as I do have a life outside of Fallensword.

You are fairly new to the forums but I would make a suggestion, do not personally target people in the forums, it can be misconstrued as a personal attack or flame, just a hint for future postings ;)

#19 Makubrex

Makubrex

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:51

a ticker would e the simplest solution, resetting at midnight, why is that so wonderful seeing as you wish to call me out on this? how is it resetting at midnight a great fix for all, I see no benefit in that myself I would much prefer it to reset 24 hours after i have purchased my  first instant finish, this way I can track it a lot more easily. Midnight is hopeless for me as I am generally as sleep then as I do have a life outside of Fallensword.

You are fairly new to the forums but I would make a suggestion, do not personally target people in the forums, it can be misconstrued as a personal attack or flame, just a hint for future postings ;)

I'm sorry if you took it that way, but I was only meaning to understand you and hopefully have you understand me. The fact that you were in the minority in your opinion made me seek your opinion - I don't see how that can be considered targeting or a personal attack/flame in any sense.

The point of this idea isn't about being online when it resets, it's about not losing time and keeping the resets on track every day. There would be zero difference for you - you could use the reset at the same day every day if *you* wanted to and it wouldn't change a thing. However, you wouldn't lose instant finishes due to the timer progressing more that day than the previous day.

For example: Monday: Instant finish at 15:31:05 Tuesday: 15:31:40 Wednesday: 15:32:30 <- after following a pattern like this, you'll eventually lose an entire 24 hours meaning you lose an entire day's worth of creating potions. This idea makes it more efficient for you as well as everyone else in the game - and this is a cold hard fact that can't be challenged or disputed due to the nature of my example.

To throw in another example: Say you really like to do your composing potions early on in the day (ST), so you do your potions at 8 ST. Your instant finishes will reset at 00:00 regardless of whether you're there or not and you can do them at 8 ST or whenever you care to. Then, they'll reset again at 00:00. You aren't constrained to the time of day to do your potions, you can do them whenever you feel like it once per day.

This is how it should have been from the start, in my opinion, and over the long haul it's a much simpler system and provides more experience to the players.

Edited by Makubrex, 24 May 2014 - 09:57.

• Maj likes this

#20 Davros81

Davros81

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:14

i lose time as it is as i have what is more commonly referred to as a life outside of Fallensword. If the ticker resets after a period of 24 hours i know it will reset at a point when i can be online as i will not be away from my computer at work or whatever. I am asleep at midnight generally, or if not I am likely to be out so resetting at midnight holds no earth while value to me nor to anyone else. You do not see my point at all, which is very basic, it is called being able to plan my instant completions. If I do my instant completions at say 5:30pm then i know the next day I can repeat the same practice each day. As to providing more experience I just do not see this at all...

I like to plan my days and i am very well organised so it resetting at the point i finished instant buying potions actually works a lot better for me. I can put a note in my phone and i am set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: