21 replies to this topic

#1 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:11

event_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

This is how we stand now - but this is FAR from over, no matter how desperate the situation looks like!

I know the event was implemented at a very user-non-friendly period: during the week, and it'll end in the middle of sunday European time (our U.S. and western friends will thus have until 6:00 am sunday...technically, a single weekend's day to compete!), meaning that apart from our Far-Eastern fellow gamers, we will have only a stripped, short period to act. But this can be done!

The two main reasons are both simple, utterly so:
1. you get points WAAAAAY over your stamina usage!
...I got this near-30k from just over 11k stam. HOWEVER! 4k stam was used to specifically hunt zombie brew potions, and to focus on the mission of killing 1000-1000 vapors and other thingies (VERY unoptimal for the event!). I barely made 5000 points from my first 4k stam - then however, I activated conserve(175 only), animal magnetism(again 175), and global booster (only lvl 250 instead of even better options!) - and got the last 25k for 7k stam. And even this was with killing loads of revenants - not specifically focusing on the emaciated fellows. So all in all, even with such a pathetic buffage and unoptimized hunt, a...

...3.5 kill/1 stam usage can be achieved!!

2. Exactly due to the weekend - and being on standby for titans/etc, most of the players have been holding back their stam to this moment! Only to unleash hell in a matter of moments!!
Quite a few players have stated this in chat, and a few more from my guild, that they'll be hammering the mobs tomorrow. The numbers are decieving-we really have got the core of assistance to achieve what it'll take - but we need MUCH MORE HANDS ON THE DECK! WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO HAVE YOU WAITING FOR OTHERS TO GET THE JOB DONE - WE NEED YOU HELPING, TOO!

Here's what we need:

26.000.000 more kills.

Calculating the nearly worst-case scenario, with a 3.5 kill/stamina ratio, 7.428.571 stamina will have to be burned to achieve our goal. This may seem a lot...but if we break this down, then...
- 1.000 players with 7.500 stamina each, or
- 750 players with 10.000 stamina each
...should be more than enough to pull this event off! That's not a lot!

Now, we know that some big guns are still waiting, with far more than 10k stam, and quite probably aiming for the top 100, or so. Hope that happens, and this less-than-1000-needed-players base will be reduced even lower!

Here are some tips to work:
-Read the news about Oidhche Shamhna III in the news archive, where to start the mission and how (Mountain path, Cathedral of Ways)
-find a small realm, so you don't have to walk a lot! Cathedral of ways, Spook central was perfect for me.
-ONLY kill Emaciated Fellows - they give a HUGE bonus (5 kills x your global booster per kill)
-use conserve, naturally, and light foot's also good
-Global booster 250 is VERY cheap in AH now!
-Animal magnetism is especially useful if many of you are in one place-I kept refreshing my block and mobs kept popping up like crazy due to massive player activity.

Just a wild thought: The ruby box gives the regular super-hunting-buff pack (am 500 and conserve 500, of prime concern here). If anyone has any leftovers from last time, and wants to make sure (s)he gets more this occasion, then this could be used! Any Emaciated Fellow you come across will remain there for the duration of your hunt (choose a big realm where there is little chance of anyone bulging in on your single mob), and along with a zombie brew, the effect of conserve would be 575 (28.75% stam saving). 
If we multiply 10.000 stam with the reciprocal value of the 71.25% of regular stam usage con 575 grants (this is almost exactly 1.4), then we can see that the thus-usable 14.000 stamina of the original 10.000 stamina grants a staggering _70.000_ kill points (Emaciated fellows grant 5x kills)!
Due to AM 500+ granting a 100% respawn, it doesn't really matter what global booster level you use, but it's pretty scary to calculate what a 100k+ stam player could do...xD

Anyways, please, to all in doubt, or to all who we could reach out to in this last day...please get them all aware, and grinding on those mobs! A maximum of 1 hour of using up 7.500 stamina for 1.000 more players at most shouldn't be something our community can't achieve!

Please, if you know of any heroes that will step up in the next few hours (or day!) to save us all, feel free to post their endeavours here, or direct anyone (individuals, guilds, etc.) here, and see how close we actually are to getting this done!

GET SMACKING!

Edited by NicramDuel, 01 November 2014 - 03:15.

#2 Anonemesis

Anonemesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Badge
  • United States of America

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:13

This doesn't help since I know that the majority of population doesn't use the forum. 

Hate It Or Love It The Underdogs On Top. 

#3 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:59

735009.gif

#4 Belaric

Belaric

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:00

God bless his hair product, and background decor.

Good-bye and hello, as always.

#5 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 00:57

did what I could with what stamina I had got 57K kills

#6 Thriceborn

Thriceborn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:03

I was trying to use my lack of preparedness this year as an excuse to stop at 25k, but I finally motivated myself to knock out another 20k. Wish I could have hit 50k, but at least I can be satisfied with my effort now.

#7 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,280 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:17

Global Quest: Defeat the Risen Dead
Your Contribution: 18116 kills

OK, that's the best I can do.  I did the first Spooky quest... and  collected a small mountain of ZB's all without a GB.  I did kill any emaciated guys i saw, but I was never at full stam, and so all in all I think I did pretty well.  My arm hurts pretty bad, so I feel that I definitely did my part.   

On top of all this, I managed to kill a couple of handfuls of assorted SE's, and I did the Earth Guardian quest.  Sorry, building Penny takes top priority... I have a reputation to uphold :)

Edited by BadPenny, 02 November 2014 - 05:18.

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#8 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:52

200K polished off - done my bit :)

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#9 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:50

200K polished off - done my bit :)

Same here. 200K+ a tad. And we ARE getting close, although time is running out on us.

#10 bloody18

bloody18

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:22

Lets keep going .....  Im just over 177,000 K ..gonna be close

2552231-gazelle.gif

#11 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:23

It's just a shame that the only way to get those coffins are from the 1 kill monsters.

I'm sure that's a significant factor in the total results.

The massive numbers are calculated from the fact that a monster gives 5 points per kill, and then HCS gives incentive to killing the 1 kill monster! Shenanigans!

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#12 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:54

global.png

#13 NicramDuel

NicramDuel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:11

Great job everyone!:D We might really be able to do this!:D Even if we do not - a lot of things factored into it (the zb-farming, the high requirements, lots of planned waits to get a rush for the top 100 in the end, etc) - it was still a very nice performance that went down in the last day - congrats All!:D I just wish we had more time during the weekend. I hope Grim will be considerate, if we're close - or even more so that we can do it without external help!:)

Go-go-go!:D

#14 avvakum

avvakum

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:24

global.png

global2.png

#15 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:30

The top picture needs moving to the left a few millimetres. lol

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#16 rowbeth

rowbeth

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 14:12

It's just a shame that the only way to get those coffins are from the 1 kill monsters.

I'm sure that's a significant factor in the total results.

The massive numbers are calculated from the fact that a monster gives 5 points per kill, and then HCS gives incentive to killing the 1 kill monster! Shenanigans!

Its actually the 2-kill monsters.

And I think that is about right. Why would you have 2-kill monsters if they weren't good for something? And ZB would be far more expensive if it were the 5-kill monsters dropping them (or 5-kill monsters harder to get). Giving people a choice of more ZB or more chance of bloodthirsty VCs is good.

#17 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 16:53

Thanks avvakum for the screen shots... as always very nice to see. 

#18 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2014 - 17:31

Its actually the 2-kill monsters.

And I think that is about right. Why would you have 2-kill monsters if they weren't good for something? And ZB would be far more expensive if it were the 5-kill monsters dropping them (or 5-kill monsters harder to get). Giving people a choice of more ZB or more chance of bloodthirsty VCs is good.

They could always just attach the coffin drops to all three monsters. Up the ratio's of the 2 and 5 hit spawns...

(The massive required total seems to be because of the 2 and 5 hit creeps, except they have fairly low spawn rates. Especially the Emaciated fellow.)

That way they wouldn't have to mess with kill count goals to give the un-upgraded chance at ruby.

(Which is counter intuitive, they reduced the personal goals and left the main goal untouched. So more individuals reached ruby tier, but noone gets the ruby stuff anyway because not enough total kills were made)

Edited by Mister Doom, 02 November 2014 - 17:31.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

#19 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 18:45

We started with 25K zombie brews in game, there are now 70K zombie brews in game from just one of the creatures dropping the coffin.  I do not see a reason to have all of them dropping the coffin. 

As Badpenny says.. That's my 2 Pennies

#20 Mister Doom

Mister Doom

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,518 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2014 - 19:00

Overpopulation of zombie brews happens regardless.

My issue is the massive global event target (based on the possibility of higher value monsters being hit) coupled with the incentive on the lower value creature.

EnhancedShardoom1-1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: