Zorg

Chief Technical Officer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • Badge
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:51

If you're experiencing slow page loads or errors from Cloudflare on Fallen Sword please report them here. The most important bit of information would be the time it occurs (server time please).

If there are any Cloudflare problems at the time you'll usually see them reported here:

https://twitter.com/cloudflaresys

So before you report it please check there are no Cloudflare issues going on, also if you could check other websites are loading fine. If everything looks ok then please report it here and we'll see if we can make some more optimizations to our new servers around peak times.

~ Chief Technical Officer
Wayne 'Zorg' Robinson

#2 TyrantMind

TyrantMind

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 14:45

I had an issue during this time for real bad lag/slowness. 06:37 12/Dec/2014

It could get to the hunted cow site and other sites but when I would go to fallen sword it would give me a host error.

It said cloud flare was fine according to the chrome browser. It gave me that error for about 10 min or so. I was able to get in after that. The game was still slow but it wasn't freezing as much.

I hope that helps. next time I will grab screen shots in case that would help too.

#3 Ryebred

Ryebred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 15:40

I experienced a slew of issues after server maintenance was performed initially.  Graphically the world map as well as buff icons were coming in blank for me.  The ah froze up; there we no rotation on the bazaar pots, and specials were not even available at all for a good while.  Additional processes I discovered to be malfunctioning were SE spawn rates (they are random - 1 dies -another is born - exception to this is N & W fushi maps where there is a 60& 75% chances of instant respawn of fushi on same map -all other incidents players encounter respawn on same map is purely coincidence)  I did SE hunt first night after servers came back on - had to get a fi 1k pot from arena due to AH issues - used big  distil & loyalty lightfoot pot, and didn't realize the SE's were not spawning until after I burned a good deal of stam sweeping.  No bad luck; no mistake - I checked extensively & beyond the SE's that were in circulation - none were spawning.

#4 Luminaire

Luminaire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:09

Hi, my lagging occurred at the same point as ryebreds. No page would finish loading. It would take a few minutes just for one action to occur like switching armour. The text on the side bar and the header was overlapped and all over the place up there. Walking in world map was impossible and nothing with the ah worked. Like Rye said it was all frozen. Similar things happened to me on 2 other occasions I do not remember the dates but it happened last yesterday but not as bad as the first two times. I experienced just loading errors and screen and server freezing. I was able to log in just fine after the maintenance though. 

#5 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 17:37

I was having very bad lag... I deactived Tampermonkey and site operated much better, but I no longer have the helper.

#6 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 20:19

some of these occasionally - refresh, refresh and back again

img-3120777-1-nginx.png

#7 RebornJedi

RebornJedi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 21:41

the game has been very smooth after the first couple bumps.. no problems with the game for the past 24 hours.. on chrome, no add ons.. 

#8 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 00:25

No cached version of this page is available.

Error 522 Ray ID: 1986401b08ae04ef Connection timed out

ST was 00:24

#9 xxlooperxx

xxlooperxx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 00:27

Error 522 Ray ID: 1986401b08ae04ef Connection timed out

I'm having the exact same problem. ST 00:26

XXLOOPERXX%20SIG.png

#10 sweetlou

sweetlou

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 00:29

Not impressed with this new host so far...

[Signature removed]

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” -GRRM

#11 handitover

handitover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 00:42

Time 00:38 Date 14/Dec/2014 pages loading very slowly which is really anoying at this point. Of all the years playing fs you would think these issues would be solved by now. I don.t think it is any better then before feels worst at times.  

#12 yotwehc

yotwehc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 00:42

I'll have to add that I have been catching up on quests and as I walk around, I like to go one step at a time hoping to bump into a chest... The load time for the action list is painfully slow compared to before the change. It's choppy... first 3 or 4 steps load quickly then the 4th or 5th step would take a second or more to display the contents of the action list.

#13 DirtyChick

DirtyChick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 00:51

Error 522 Ray ID: 1986401b08ae04ef Connection timed out

Error 524 @ 00.20 ST

I checked Cloudfares Twitter and no reports on there.

Left it 5 mins then refreshed page and was back 'in' .

Edited by DirtyChick, 14 December 2014 - 00:51.

#14 Pardoux

Pardoux

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:05

This is boding REALLY well for the xp event - NOT :(

Homer : Marge, don't discourage the boy. Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals .. except the weasel.

Eddie Izzard : The National Rifle Association say that guns don't kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know ? I think it helps. I think just standing there going "BANG" - that's not going to kill too many people, is it ?

I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but it seems that everything I eat lately turns to poo ...

#15 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:33

Ok, the lag... God the lag... First off, I have no idea which server, FS won't tell me:

2521065261.jpg

So anyhow, I'm trying to hunt.  It is taking 10-15 seconds to move 1 square.  Killing a beast takes 4-10 seconds.  I DO NOT USE FSH to hunt.  I never have, never saw a need.  I use Chrome and It was updated less than 2 weeks ago.  This is the worst I have seen lag in years.  

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#16 justinian9

justinian9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:31

Lag has been bad tonight (for the past few hours) it is taking me 20 - 30 seconds to refresh a page... Firefox no helper

Never mind... works well after i cleaned cache

Edited by justinian9, 14 December 2014 - 04:41.

#17 duktayp

duktayp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:36

I have no idea which server, FS won't tell me:

I'm hearing we're not on a server any more, but in a "cloud"

#18 BadPenny

BadPenny

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,282 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:36

I'm hearing we're not on a server any more, but in a "cloud"

Is it fluffy?

Just one old lady's opinion

krQtqDH.jpg

~Love, Penny

Have you hugged your Quango lately?

#19 savipats

savipats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:31

Whereas the rest of the FS pages load at bearable speed, action list on world map just doesnt seem to work at all...  it can take 3-10 (or even more) seconds for the list to reload once you've moved, killed something or whatever else... hopefully you can get this fixed before the XP event...  (same with Chrome and Firefox, no FSH or any monkeys...)

#20 tharzill

tharzill

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 14:41

Caching Failure - Apologies for any inconvenience! [Error: 1]

ST at: 14:35

I closed the page and reloaded with no problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: