• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dat sylveon

dat sylveon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 21:01

This may not be the right forum, but still. Please move to appropriate forum if necessary.

I just changed my avatar. I use this one on two forums, namely this one and the Bay 12 Forums. On that forum, my avatar has a much better quality than here(for comparison, my profile there, and check how my avatar looks on my profile page). This is kind of dissapointing...why is the quality of the same image different? I thought it could be my browser, but I really dont think it is because Im viewing the same image using the same browser..

Edited by dat sylveon, 07 June 2014 - 21:04.

2uzz0k9.png

#2 Crzy

Crzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 303 posts
  • United States of America

Posted 08 June 2014 - 22:27

Looks like an issue with the transparency...maybe HCS forums don't support it? Perhaps try .png instead of .jpeg.

qu29_zpsff77e35f.png

^^Sig by the awesome ArtistGorn!^^^

#3 dat sylveon

dat sylveon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 13:22

Looks like an issue with the transparency...maybe HCS forums don't support it? Perhaps try .png instead of .jpeg.

If I remember correctly, I used .png. I use that all the time =) But Ill double check on it.

Also, the avatar next to my post is, as Im seeing now, reverted to my previous avatar featuring a Gardevoir with the text "cool story bro". The avatar on the navigation bar on the top of the page is still the Fidget avatar, however. Weird. Never mind.

Edited by dat sylveon, 10 June 2014 - 13:23.

2uzz0k9.png

#4 DarkDyablo

DarkDyablo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 22:36

seems the problem is that whoever rendered the lil cute character didnt do such an amazing job and left some of the original image around him. from my guess since the render on the other forum is smaller than 200x200 it had to be enlarged for this forum which means it enlarged the little spots that the renderer didnt get also made it lose the original quality overall since it got stretched. from a look of it seems they used the magic wand and called it a day, and i also believe that since this forum doesnt accept png (dont quote me though) the black background appeared which made it also easier to see the little spots around the render and since the other forum its just the render with no background, besides the bright one from the forum it became less noticeable. hope that answered your question friend :D

tried to fix it up a bit for you here you are
fix1_zpse8e4e0d1.png

http://i275.photobuc...zpse8e4e0d1.png

Edited by xDarkx, 10 June 2014 - 22:38.

already_zps6bf13839.png

#5 dat sylveon

dat sylveon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 14:42

seems the problem is that whoever rendered the lil cute character didnt do such an amazing job and left some of the original image around him. from my guess since the render on the other forum is smaller than 200x200 it had to be enlarged for this forum which means it enlarged the little spots that the renderer didnt get also made it lose the original quality overall since it got stretched. from a look of it seems they used the magic wand and called it a day, and i also believe that since this forum doesnt accept png (dont quote me though) the black background appeared which made it also easier to see the little spots around the render and since the other forum its just the render with no background, besides the bright one from the forum it became less noticeable. hope that answered your question friend :D

tried to fix it up a bit for you here you are
fix1_zpse8e4e0d1.png

http://i275.photobuc...zpse8e4e0d1.png

That answers my question :) Even though its still pretty weird that the quality of the avatar as seen on my full profile here has decreased epicly even though the enlargement was 2x. I know, 2x is not nothing, but I didnt expect that the huge decrease in quality was the result of lossy enlargement.

Also, would you mind to tell me how you losslessy enlarged the picture? XD

Edit: Yep. Changed my avatar to your enlargement, and it looks a whole lot better. Thanks :D

Edited by dat sylveon, 11 June 2014 - 14:48.

2uzz0k9.png

#6 DarkDyablo

DarkDyablo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 22:06

well you can always make a good quality image go from big to small but its harder to recover all the lost pixels when you go back from small to big thats why in most cases images that get enlarged automatically or manually seems fuzzy,blurry and pixelated

losslessy? uhmmm im guessing your asking how i made it seem more clearer and made it somewhat back to original quality, well like you said in the post above it wasnt much of an enlargement. I just got the pic from here which is already 200x200 and rendered out the left over marks around the little guy. saw it was a bit fuzzy so i smoothed the render out and than i sharpened it so make it clear again :D

ahhh i see nice and good :D glad you like it :D

already_zps6bf13839.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: