• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Alphamale

Alphamale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 19:10

Exactly. However, they would need to remove set bonuses and make heroics better than the typical dungeon set. Furthermore, they would need to add random stat rolls to all gear with the most variation in heroic and fabled. I don't think HC is committed enough to do that; they seem to think that dungeon sets should be their end-game armor for some reason, without any sort of stat variation.

In 99% of MMOrpg Games gear which requires a group to get is best, which is how I think it should be. If you want to play by yourself and get best gear. I suggest you try and find a single player game where you only have to take care of yourself and what you want.

I play online games for interaction with other people. (And I mean, If I want to play on my own i'll find a single player game) This is MMOrpg (Watch the part MMO) Which means this is a game which is focussed on creating group content. And no i'm not the only one thinking like this.

I do understand that they should add extra things to do. (Making grinding more rewardable) Make more Solo content but saying stuff like "The gear you get by yourself should be best ingame" Which is complete bullshit if we're taking into account that this is an MMORPG.

I think a few days of letting people say which monsters they grind on end game could already make it so that they can add bonusses for example for killing 500 of X monster for 3 random glims (again example) Making it so people who love to grind have a goal to grind because now it's just kill kill for what? Exp ranking? I personally always enjoyed grinding (When i was still ranger) SEE SUGGESTIONS DOWN BELOW

Because now it seems like "They're jogres with no social skills and want to be left alone" (Some grinders are tho, Ain't gonna call names :D)

Also I personally feel that Grinders get a huge middle finger of HCS when they grind. Cus no matter how many times you say "We didn't change lootdrop" That's complete bullsh*t (Look I learned HUAHAUAHUH no modify my thread nobs) Everyone feels/noticed the change. Which isn't necessarely bad but when you nerf something. You should add something in return. Might be stupid mathematics but still Because you think x = 7 and x shouldn't be 7 you can't just change one part of the equation without changing the other part. Because it changes the entire equation. Less drops? Make it easier/less hp to kill them?

(Meaning, you can drop lootrate yes but increase spawnrate then?)

Summary:

About solo content: When you nerf something, Make sure you improve something else (Like with the despair nerf you nerfed it leaving a gap which was hard to fill up, Great work on Impale tho, that's a changes which already helps alot, we're not there yet but when it's good I'll say it also) This way you'll make sure you don't piss off an entire part of your playerbase.

Suggestions: Add Rewards to grinding? 

Destroying tasks (I don't want to farm potatoes etc I rather kill stuff for money)

LVL 30

-Kill 500 adera barren goblins = (5 Random flawed gems)

-Kill 500 Crimsons lvl 28-29 = (5 random flawed gems)

Lvl 35

-Kill 500 owlbears in Blossom ridge (5 random fair gems)

-Kill 500 owlbears in nasaroth (5 random fair gems)

-Kill 500 landfall mobs (5 random fair gems)

Lvl 40 

-Kill 800 lvl 41 Goblins (3 random Glimmering gems)

-Kill 800 lvl 42-43 temple of sands mobs (3 Random Glimmering Gems)

Lvl 45

AHUHAUAHAU TARANUKA

Kill 350 boss temple mobs for (3 random glimmering gems)

Kill 800 regular mobs (3 random glimmering gems)

This way the grinding people have an extra incentive which will only benefit the real hardcore grinders in this game (Cus not everyone can spam 800 mobs for 3 bonus gems) And again possibilities are endless with this. Even extra fusion powder etc would be nice

This ain't that hard changes as you're already tracking the mobs you kill. So I think it should be something that would already help grinders alot without adding weeks worth of content (Could be wrong)

TOC

I didn't play when ToC was "HUGE EXPLOIT OF DOOMNATION TRIPLE ZERO ALPHA MANY GEMS" (Bullsh*t anyway as you shouldtry to buy rubies/onyx nowadays) So I can't imagine it beeing as bad as some say it was. Why not making that Solo'able and a bit worse rewarding than it used to be at it's prime? (Again didn't play during that time so can't really say much about it)

REROLL TOKENS

Another suggestion about this could be "Reroll tokens" Adding some kind of token into the monster loots drops (Like fusion powder)

Which would allow you to reroll the rolls on items you get. Make them tradeable so people who grind can sell them to people who do dungeons. (Make them 5-10x more rare than fusion powder). Again making solo grinders "Needed" for the community and respected for what they do. Or people who grind can max out their rolls alot easier making grinding another way to improve gear (ComradeLewis might like this type of change as it will lower his time in dungeons and make him able to grind, Same goes for other players who play like CL) Once again i'm not saying that playstyle is bad I just don't think it should be the main focus for gear in a MMORPG

And for those people who're still like "NO THEY SHOULD ADD NEW SOLO CONTENT" 

How about you propose some stuff yourself before bashing on them not creating content. They're a small team. How about they use their knowledge about the game creating the content ideas we (Who have knowledge of the game and how it's played) provide for them (They can still shift and finetune) But this way they don't really have to waste time on adding content that won't be used and would need days of extra work to make it worth using (YES TA I'm talking about you)

Ps. Yes I'm guilty of bashing alot also :D (To addicted to chest bashing/banging so that explains, I like to bash things)

Because the idea of TA was good but it needed alot of feedback to make it work. (but that's off topic) So i'll make a post about that later. So back to solo content. 

They should use the content they have so far and maybe add dept to the current content as I guess modifying is alot easier than creating.

And if you don't aggree with this. idc I'm alpha anyway (Joking if you don't aggree tell me why you don't aggree don't just be like "Nope nope, nob idea"

Edited by Alphamale, 12 June 2014 - 19:13.

Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes, Lex Talionis

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge? - William shakespeare

/Glenn aka Alphadouche

#22 HuMoR

HuMoR

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • Badge

Posted 12 June 2014 - 19:14

Exactly. However, they would need to remove set bonuses and make heroics better than the typical dungeon set. Furthermore, they would need to add random stat rolls to all gear with the most variation in heroic and fabled. I don't think HC is committed enough to do that; they seem to think that dungeon sets should be their end-game armor for some reason, without any sort of stat variation. That's a far too limited  viewpoint, which has resulted in players thinking that they have "beat the game" or exhausted the majority of things to do in the game.

I posted a pretty good way to solve the entire issue itself thats fair to all and wont eliminate a class from the game in the process.

Characters:
Guthix:
Level 40 Mage.
Chelsea's Man<3

#23 Alteration

Alteration

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 19:47

However, rather than exhaust developer resources by making brand-new solo content, I suggest instead modifying existing content through good itemization changes and drop changes to make adventuring in existing zones worthwhile!

Itemization is probably the best thing you can do to hook people in, keep them addicted, interested, and keep coming back for more.  I was never keen on the idea of solo dungeons.  The best gear should be from group stuff, it is an MMORPG after all, like Alphamale said.  And working on a completely new solo dungeon is lots of work.  I've said from the start that it would be better to bring back existing stuff (ToC, Arena, and normal grind mobs) and improve them so that they have replay value. 

But there should be solo stuff.  Stuff for people who are feeling antisocial to do if they want to.  Stuff for people to do while waiting for a group.  Currently, there are those who log on, see there is nobody to run groups, and log back off.  If those people actually stay because there is something for them to do while waiting, eventually, enough will be on to form a group.  

Then they can do group stuff.  But don't make the best gear droppable in a group dungeon, available in a solo dungeon.  

The problem right now is it is hard to find groups.  Adding solo dungeons will only complicate that because why group up when you can just solo.  And if you make it take so much longer than a group dungeon to "punish" them for doing stuff solo, then it does not feel good for a player.  Giving people a reason to keep playing while waiting for a group should be the answer.  

Edited by Alteration, 12 June 2014 - 20:02.

#24 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:10

Limiting the best gear to a dungeon is not a good idea.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#25 CastChaos

CastChaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:08

An mmoRPG (RPG, not a pvp thing like LoL) needs to be about that _possibility_ of interacting with others, not something where you can't do anything without others. Trading, killing some monsters together, maybe 1-2 group quests... But that's all that should be. Do you know which NPCs I never talk to? The ones with orange exclamation marks above their head!

Why?

Grouping is not having fun playing, it's needing to be there on time, uninterrupted by irl, as well as synching your playstyle with others to form a working group instead of doing what you feel like. This sounds kinda the opposite of what a game should be. Sure, elementary schoolers probably have the time to be there uninterrupted all day and are nerdy enough to do it for the game, itself, not for their own fun, but as for me, when I come home from a long day of work, I'd like to _rest_ by playing as I want, when I want.

I haven't used up my one hour exp bonus item I got early in the game because I NEVER actually had one frickin uninterrupted hour when I could play Eldevin. Grouping for me would be that I frequently went afk with irl reasons or sometimes so fast that I couldn't even tell anything, maybe not even having time to click the logout button (which wouldn't do anything while under attack, anyway).

So, it's all great when an mmoRPG (RPG) receives elevated group possibilities, but you just can't force people to play internet based, evolving RPGs not solo. Launching an offline RPG (on PC or console) is not the same, those don't get weekly/monthly updates and such, and such.

Sure, sure, sure you could say that all should be group in Eldevin and if one wants solo, then search another mmorpg... But last time I checked Eldevin wasn't a group only game. Not until it's possible to farm, mine, forage, etc. alone. When one won't be able to grow crops alone, like, one people would need to plant the seeds and other to water them, and so on, and so on, then will Eldevin be a group only thing.

As for highest gear, it's ok if you can get it only in groups, if you need it only in groups, aka when the biggest bosses are in group requiring dungeons and the solo quests/areas always have monsters/bosses that can be killed without equipment from dungeons.

Even with all that, Eldevin is much more group based than I would like, especially that such solo content like gathering and crafting seems to have no use so far and the solo quests are mostly just "go talk with xy" or "kill X of Y" or "walk to the area next to here, click on this item I give you now and come back", but I STILL don't know better nowadays. Among all the mmorpgs I tried, only two could keep me longer than a week. One is forever in ruins now, the other is... Eldevin. I just have no choice.

#26 xpwaste

xpwaste

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:05

The best weapon shouldn't;t be available through dungeon. That is just wrong.

What makes you different than all the other players if your going to do the same thing as others with them.

A player should grind 45 dungeons get there full set, and then go on to grind solo for the best weapons ingame to be able to be better than casual players.

Your just making player rush through the content to the extent that they are so exhausted of it they don't want to do it again.

Making a 5 man team with your friends and just grinding it out for a month and your all the same position what is the fun in that?

The best gear should be something that not everyone could afford to get, it should be something that you yourself only grind for days and days to be able to get it.Best gear makes you better, how can you be better when every other guy can get a chance to get in a group and do it ... your all just the same in the end with nothing left to do.

You get the best set in game and then what?

maybe a few " that's cool i wanna get it, only x more days and then i'll get it."

Where is the reputation, fun , honor in that?

How does that make you different?

A mmo is something that many players play not that a game where only grouping gets you something worthwhile.

Says the wikipedia

massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously

Edited by xpwaste, 13 June 2014 - 08:09.

Still thinking about new signature

previously:

youtube channel! >> Xpwaste Eldevin 

twitch stream!   >> Xpwaste_Eldevin

PVP is what i like. make it worthwhile!

#27 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:41

Hcs wants best loot from ascended dungeons only.

Community [atleast the ones i have talked with] wants from rare drops from non dungeons bosses.

i support community.

Yes, best loot at level 45, but I talked about gear that is the best of it's own sort for level 47!

On level 50, you can again find better gear, but when your between 45 and 50, you might want something to do other than questing and aoe grinding. Adding very rare items that can only be obtained from the solo-only boss and are still decent would IMO be a good idea, as otherwise you ONLY need to have some friends, who you do everything with. 

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

#28 EJK

EJK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:49

Destroying tasks

I like your suggestion, but add to the list bosses i.e. kill 50 times the vampire.

IGN: Player. I usually think in longevity point of view.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Font:
Arial | Calibri | Lucida Console | Verdana

Font Size:
9px | 10px | 11px | 12px | 10pt | 12pt

Color: